Flame

bergen-dreamer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bergen-dreamer »

This is now probably my favourite cup-disc - the outstanding tracks for me are Synth Affection, Lord Nelson and Morning Star :)
"The streets are full of admirable craftsmen, but so few practical dreamers" - Man Rey
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

bergen-dreamer wrote:This is now probably my favourite cup-disc - the outstanding tracks for me are Synth Affection, Lord Nelson and Morning Star :)
I have to agree also would add Peddington at Five as well.
24db

Post by 24db »

got it today (many thanks to Eastgate btw)...hmmm not really floating my boat...yet, it might not be my cup(disc) of tea ;)

Seriously though I'll give it several more plays
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:got it today (many thanks to Eastgate btw)...hmmm not really floating my boat...yet, it might not be my cup(disc) of tea ;)

I am surprised, it might be a grower for you though as you say. sometimes it just doesnt click. I didn`t like the last cup disc and after a few plays it still hasn`t clicked with me.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:got it today (many thanks to Eastgate btw)...hmmm not really floating my boat...yet, it might not be my cup(disc) of tea ;)

I am surprised, it might be a grower for you though as you say. sometimes it just doesnt click. I didn`t like the last cup disc and after a few plays it still hasn`t clicked with me.
I'm warming to it Matt ;) although that penny whistle sample Edgar uses on the first track is setting my teeth on edge ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:

I'm warming to it Matt ;) although that penny whistle sample Edgar uses on the first track is setting my teeth on edge ;)
Andy

Honest opinion on "Lord Nelson". I know you have heard it before but what do you think?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
Andy

Honest opinion on "Lord Nelson". I know you have heard it before but what do you think?
um...honest? not sure, might have been slightly remixed or perhaps I'm just used to the Mp3's compression, so...yes a very nice track, but I prefer the original TDOC download. As I said I really need to listen to the whole disc more.

However I still like it, especially the little Froese touches, like the sneaky tempo changes and the dark edge to the melody at the end

Can't say I like Ride on the Ray much, it's a bit like your favorite mate turning up on your doorstep in fancy dress, ringing the bell and saying 'Hey it's me'...it's amusing once, but if they do it again and again and again, each time with a different hat on the novelty has worn off.

Timeless is nice, although the weird phased (band-pass?) synth effect reminds me of the Shaun of the Dead soundtrack

I like Synth Affection a lot (minus the beginning...perhaps it's Edgar's humour in the track?)...seems to be Trauma's second cousin ;) nice bit of lead synth from Edgar on it btw, Peddington at Five is a real glower (Love the buzzy Vangelis synths, the whispers at the beginning and Jew's harp-like synth at the end....might be a leftover from the Atomic series? sombre and stately!) and I also like the Ca Va, Ca Marche Ca Ira Encore remix, especially the new drums, (as the old house Sample used to go...Funk...funk, funk-Funky...yeah! erhem ;))
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Cheers Andy. Still think "Lord Nelson" one of the best tracks to come out of TD 8) 8) 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Altfeld

Post by Altfeld »

It´amazing...

"Flame" is turning constantly in my player! I guess I´ve listened to it since yesterday about 30 times and I like it more and more!

"Lord Nelson" is one of the best short TD-songs ever!

And the rather vintage sound of "Peddington at 5" and "Morning star" is awesome, remind me a bit of the 80-ies. Or am I wrong?
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:Cheers Andy. Still think "Lord Nelson" one of the best tracks to come out of TD 8) 8) 8)
:arrow: :arrow: I agree CJ. Lord Nelson rules. Also very impressed with Streetcar and La Boca from Booster 2. I'm hoping all of them will make the playlist at the Rocking the Bats gig. :D :D :D :D
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
24db

Post by 24db »

for those sad fans amongst us (me for example) ;) the TDOC download of Lord Nelson runs approx 7 seconds longer than the album version
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:for those sad fans amongst us (me for example) ;) the TDOC download of Lord Nelson runs approx 7 seconds longer than the album version

You'll be analysing the difference in EQ spectrum signals next ! :shock: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:for those sad fans amongst us (me for example) ;) the TDOC download of Lord Nelson runs approx 7 seconds longer than the album version

:P guitarists, they'll never understand ;)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:

:P guitarists, they'll never understand ;)

:shock: :( :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

so far FLAME gets a solid 7/10 from me, I'm sure I'll play it often...and I have throughout today ;)