TD live at Coventry Cathedral

No Gravity
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD live at Coventry Cathedral

Post by No Gravity »

Saw this on the net ...

"At long last this legendary performance from the leaders of the electronic music genre can be yours to own on DVD. Released for the first time ever commercially Tangerine Dream Live at Coventry Cathedral has long been on the wish list of many Tangerine Dream fans.
The film by director Tony Palmer fully captures this unique band live in an equally unique location. Rarely seen since the original film was made this DVD will finally be released in January 2007 and can now be pre ordered by logging on to the website
http://tangerinedreamcoventrydvd.com/
where you can also view a short clip from the film. This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan
Echosnare

Re: TD live at Coventry Cathedral

Post by Echosnare »

No Gravity wrote:Saw this on the net ...

" This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan
It would be, Dan, if it wasn't just live footage with the Ricochet album dubbed over the top...... :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I will definately not be buying this item unless the price is drastically reduced,but everyone to their own :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

Echosnare wrote:

" This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan
It would be, Dan, if it wasn't just live footage with the Ricochet album dubbed over the top...... :roll:
What a shame... A missed opportunity. I thought TD and Voicepriint had a good relationship - why is this 'Ricochet with pictures' DVD being allowed out like this? The blurb for the DVD on the website is a bit misleading too, IMHO.
always a T Dreamer
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

jonnyboy wrote:
Echosnare wrote:

//Dan
What a shame... A missed opportunity. I thought TD and Voicepriint had a good relationship - why is this 'Ricochet with pictures' DVD being allowed out like this? The blurb for the DVD on the website is a bit misleading too, IMHO.
It is lazy, but I ordered it anyway, as I don't already own this footage.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

jonnyboy wrote:
This is how it was broadcast on the BBC in the first place. :roll:
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Echosnare wrote:This is how it was broadcast on the BBC in the first place. :roll:
Hey, that's right! :shock:
So in one sense we get the real thing... although I would much rather prefer the original live recording.
Placing no orders yet... :|
24db

Post by 24db »

Echosnare wrote:
jonnyboy wrote:
A did you know moment....did you know that more than one company may have filmed this gig? I have a press cutting saying that cameras from London Weekend Television (ITV) also filmed it....makes you think ;)
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

24db wrote:
Echosnare wrote:
jonnyboy wrote:
A did you know moment....did you know that more than one company may have filmed this gig? I have a press cutting saying that cameras from London Weekend Television (ITV) also filmed it....makes you think ;)
True, AK, but the audio on the YouTube clip is clearly Ricochet.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Why wasn't the fine music of the gig used instead of a Ricochet overdub?
24db

Post by 24db »

Echosnare wrote:
24db wrote:
Echosnare wrote: This is how it was broadcast on the BBC in the first place. :roll:
True, AK, but the audio on the YouTube clip is clearly Ricochet.
Yeah I know mate, but what I'm suggesting is that another crew apart from Tony Palmer 'might' have been there, therefore 'other' footage exists
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

Desert_Voyager wrote:Why wasn't the fine music of the gig used instead of a Ricochet overdub?
God knows the answer to that.

We'll get Colin to ask him next time he has him in a head lock...... :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Echosnare wrote:

//Dan
But i will buy it anyway. This is a must for the old fans of TD and of course also for the new ones.
batman

Post by batman »

"At long last this legendary performance from the leaders of the electronic music genre can be yours to own on DVD. Released for the first time ever commercially Tangerine Dream Live at Coventry Cathedral has long been on the wish list of many Tangerine Dream fans.
The film by director Tony Palmer fully captures this unique band live in an equally unique location. Rarely seen since the original film was made this DVD will finally be released in January 2007 and can now be pre ordered by logging on to the website
http://tangerinedreamcoventrydvd.com/
where you can also view a short clip from the film. This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan
I think you can download free from www.mininova.org
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Someone has made a copy of this DVD with a double layer: one with the Ricochet soundtrack as broadcast, the other with the (TT?) original recording.

Has anyone received their copy yet, and could they confirm if the DVD is two layer?

Thanks in advance.