Angela Aki

jacob
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by jacob »

And you're TheMan! 8)
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I don’t know what the hell you guy’s what are talking about. :x
Like I said just really her song’s so much Now I’m Insulted. :x
Every time I post something good bring out some offal thing too say. :roll:
I really seriously involved with Angela Aki music as early last year
You know I had true Feeling for her. :!:

I finally upload my own Music Media and download.
I Guess you don’t want too hear it. :roll:

:!: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Don`t take it to heart Peter, it was just a joke. :arrow:
Laserdisc Dream

:D 8) :wink:

I already per-order this album just Last Week.

Laserdisc Dream

Angela left the Kouhaku reharsals because a high temperature
She went to the hospital and now she's resting at home.
Kouhaku is tomorrow, if she's with high temperature maybe she will not perform. :(

Angela Aki Good Well God Bless. :wink:

Laserdisc Dream

Here are the Track lists I’ll be listening her new song's.

1. Tegami ~Haikei Juu Go no Kimi e~ (手紙 ~拝啓 十五の君へ~)
2. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
3. ANSWER
4. Somebody Stop Me
5. Dahlia (ダリア)
6. Final Destination
7. Our Story
8. Tasogare (黄昏)
9. We're All Alone
10. Reflection (リフレクション)
11. Requiem (レクイエム)
12. Black Glasses
13. Fighter (ファイター)

However there is no bonus track so far I also pre-order on Mini Disc Format too.

Angela 3rd album well be released on February 24, 2009 in Japan
And on March 3, 2009 in USA Released.

I’ll be really being looking forward too new album.

All set ready to go. 8) :wink:

Laserdisc Dream

Mainichi.jp publishes an interview with Angela in English dated Feb 19, r! The interview will appear in the issue of the Mainichi Weekly, February 21!

Angela's Answer

"I do not think there are answers to all questions. But I believe that constantly seeking out and asking could get something, and that is the answer, "says singer-songwriter Angela Aki, explaining the major theme behind her latest album," Answer. "

Much of Aki's early years were spent in search of life's important answers. Born between a Japanese father and American mother, she encountered her own special set of conflict and struggles.

While in her teens, she wrote a letter addressed to her future self. On her 30th birthday, her mother gave her the letter. She then wrote a reply to herself, regardless of the fact that a letter addressed to herself would never be delivered. The process was the inspiration for a song, titled "Tegami" on her latest album.

The tune became a hit last year after it was selected to be one of the compulsory songs for a nationwide school singing contest held by NHK. Aki's fame was further established recently by her performance at Kohaku Uta Gassen, NHK's highly popular song contest program aired every New Year's eve.

"Now I'm old enough
But still have sleepless nights from being hurt
Bitter and sweet life is going on, just like you "
(Lyrics from "Tegami")

Many of Aki's fans seem to relate to such feelings. She receives a large number of letters from both children who are unable to discover the answers to their troubles and adults who are distraught by not being able to find any answers for their questions.

Aki graduated from a university in the United States and worked there for a time. Yet she was unable to abandon her dream of becoming a musician. She quit her job and started to sing at a bar, which often had drunken customers, and she also worked as a waitress. Whenever she performed in front of a drunken audience who never listened to her songs, she closed her eyes and imagined the day she would "sing for people who came only to listen to her songs." But sometimes, she lost her confidence and didn ' t know what she really wanted to do.

During her time in America, Aki wrote hundreds of songs with lyrics in English. After returning to Japan, she found it difficult to express herself in Japanese. Even so, she persevered and by the time of her professional debut she had written more than 200 Japanese songs. During the process of composing songs in Japanese, she discovered the beauty of the Japanese language.

At the same time, she's been keen to convey to her Japanese audiences some of her all-time favorite songs, such as Bob Dylan's "Knocking on Heaven's Door," and Boz Scaggs' "We're All Alone , "by singing them in Japanese.

"I enjoy and absorb the songs, and the Japanese lyrics come to my lips. I try to treat them as if they are originals, "she says.
This approach led directly to a professional collaboration.

It started after U.S. singer-songwriter Ben Folds happened to hear Aki's version of his song. She received a message from him that he wanted to meet her. The two hit it off. Their friendship, and a shared feature, their trademark glasses, inspired the recording of the song "Black Glasses".

In her quest for answers, she responds that she aims to continue being one-to-one with the audience.

"Even when I sing in front of 2000 people, I want to place importance on the feeling that I'm facing every individual member of the audience," she says with a smile.

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I guess you like Angela Peter
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Laserdisc Dream

Why Yes. :D
I like her Song & her Music Sound it Beautiful. 8) :wink:

Laserdisc Dream

This week it’s big week I’ll post some more on this forum. :D :shock: 8) :lol: :wink:

Laserdisc Dream

Well :shock: :D
I Just Receiver the Copy of Angela Aki - Answer. 8)

I well enjoy listening to it.
:wink:

Laserdisc Dream

1. Tegami
- The beginning of this song is from a letter I wrote as a teenager addressed to myself at 30. On my 30th birthday, my mother gave that letter to me. As I tried to read it, I vividly recalled the troubles and pain of that time. I longed to write a reply to my teenage self and went to my piano. This song, written for the NHK Choir Concours, was sung by so many people, and so many chance meetings and relationships were born through this one song.

2. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
- To sing a cover of this Bob Dylan song in English is so sad, so I tried to write new lyrics. The song is the theme song for the movie "Heaven's Door" and the theme of the lyrics is "death." When the main character comes to accept the fate called "death," he can understand what it means to live, and can embrace those emotions.

3. ANSWER
- When you can't express the truth in the feeling of love, and you are able to say that you can't say it, you find the answer staring you in the face. The people you love, your "friends" and "lovers," you realize that showing gratitude to these people means that the essential things called love are simply "sorry" and "thank you." This song expresses just that.

4. Somebody Stop Me
- In accordance with the title, when you find that you can't control yourself, you just want to say, "Somebody stop me." This song is about the annoyance you feel when something is right and you've made a mistake, and you can't separate yourself from the conclusion that's been made via the circumstances. I think that when you find that you can't go on, the part of life that you experience is yet another type of answer.

5. Dahlia
- This is a song about the first time you live together with someone, and the memories of the person you had decided to live with. I think that love, no matter what kind it is, presents a "symbol." For example, the movie you saw together, or the music you listened to that was given as a present. For me, my boyfriend bought me a red dahlia in a pot. Our love eventually faded; at first, going through the break up was very difficult, and I couldn't bear to look at the dahlia. But time passed, and now the dahlia is the flower that I associate with my memories of my first love.

6. Final Destination
- What constitutes a "final destination" is different for everyone. You run towards that dream, setting the people you love as your goal, with only them in mind. But sometimes you become too focused on that goal, with far too much tenacity, and fight for something that you can't even see anymore. This is a song about when that happens; face yourself, and you'll check what you're running towards, and understand what it is that you hold dear.

7. Our Story
- This is a song about comparing amongst ourselves the story called "Life" when we find that it doesn't always end with a happy ending. Fairy tales end peacefully, but our everyday lives continue on rather steadily. The song reminds you why you hang in there as you wait, relying on the wariness that you acquire through living.

8. Tasogare
- This song is about the same mistakes that the main character of the story makes over and over. When she makes the same mistakes over and over again, I think that it means that she can't let go of the past. Until now, I've been able to meet new people on new paths, and eventually, the case of creating the different face of "the past self" happens several times. It's not just one time, but also two times and three times and the same mistakes keep intruding... this is the answer I was looking for while making "Tasogare."

9. We're All Alone
- I was able to interpret Boz Scagg's "We're All Alone" through the key concepts "only together" and "everyone's solitude." From these two interpretations in English, the original Japanese lyrics I wrote used the following idea: "Mankind is lonely, so therefore we can share with each other the attempts to overcome this loneliness, and can love."

10. Reflection
- When people hear "a reflection is the projection of sameness in the mirror," I think that the reaction is usually "Oh, really?" It's a good meaning of reflection, but the real meaning that they don't admit to is that when there's a reflection, you see both sides.

11. Requiem
- In the middle of recording this album, my gradnfather died. I had sat at my piano to write a song dedicated to him. Realizing that it was already too late, I said that it was good to have this time to live. We don't know what day our lives will end, so I put into this song the feelings of thanks we carry around in our lives that we say to those who mean the most to us. It's a little less than 11 minutes long, but up until now, out of all of the songs I've written, this is the one that I feel is the best.

12. Black Glasses
- Ben Folds, whom I respect and admire very much, gave me the chance to write a song with him. Together we went to a coffee shop and said, "What are we going to write about?" In agreement, we decided, "We'll write about our common feature!" And so, we arrived at this song after a bit of a struggle. Our common feature is our black thick-rimmed glasses. We expressed it as if people were wearing these glasses as a mask.

13. Fighter
- "There's a fighter in you, there's a fighter in me, there's a fighter in all of us." It was simply easy to understand this message in a song. I was completely lost with the arrangement, but putting in the reverse of the piano while using the assertion of the synthesizer led to the song with the most extreme feeling on the album.

Laserdisc Dream

Tomorrow I am participating at the Music Station!
Last year, singing the song "Tegami ~ Haikei Juugo no Kimi e ~" with the children's choir of NHK with teenagers across the country, was undoubtedly an outstanding performance. Watch this program please!

Wednesday, SONGS was released, and I received many comments from people who listened to the album "ANSWER". Thank you from the heart in addition to the lyrics.
I’m Happy to have received comments on the sound.
As a musician, I’m happy when we see the change / evolution of sound
Given my relationship with my partner, makino-san, engineer of this album I still continue to write with him in future!

In any case, I’m looking forward like “tomorrow do our best” was born then!
Would be happy. I wish your happiness.

With Love….

Angela

PS - Go read the interview in the upper left corner of the page please! So far various
Data have been published, but this time the interviewer Yamada-san has taken
Advantage of these different things with real objectivity.
If filled my thoughts face

“ANSWER”!

Come on let’s go some pictures!

A Snapshot in front of poster of ANSWER.
It become a Personal souvenir laughter.

In the album “ANSWER” is included a track in collaboration with Ben Folds that I Admire.
This is a picture of the recording the piano.
In Saying I’m Chan making the peace sign, Ben Folse will be forever my hero!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Peter

I think you need to set up your own website
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Laserdisc Dream

For past few days a student was arrested for sharing a free download for a MP3.

Read it

Those and 50 more Japanese portal news are informing that an Oosaka university student has been arrested because sharing mp3.
This student of 19 years old, shared on the internet 3 hit songs, one of them Tegami, being the most downloaded.
The JASCA (Japanese Society for Rights of Authors) has said it's the first time this happens in Japan.

Seems like Sony Music Japan is starting to getting serious about illegal downloads, webs like YUI's one now have an icon abot stopping illegal copies, so maybe this is only one of their first steps to stop the illegal sharing on internet.

Maybe it's time for me to say, support them and be sure of buy their stuff, because maybe there will be a day, when we all get caught...

I was totally shock when I read it. :shock: :roll: