E. FROESE and K. SCHULZE - One Off Event!

bergen-dreamer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bergen-dreamer »

TangFanIRL wrote:
alipaul wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote: Is it time for something new in the live show? Has the current format run its course? Time for someting different? What do people think? Most of us will go no matter what is in store (myself included), but every few years it's good to do a revamp and present fresh elements to a live show. Has that time come? Perhaps, perhaps not... ;-)
I must say i would prefer a Logos type show over the greatest hits type show especially with the frequency of the shows something different would be appreciated with a live CD released afterwards.
How about first half of new long pieces with well known in the second half
Would another poll be worth doing??? E.g. would you prefer a Logos type show or a Greatest Hits type show or acoustic set or..... !!!! ;-) If someone is feeling energetic, please go ahead with such a poll!! ;-)

I for one know I will be very happy to see whatever kind of show Edgar decides to put on :D
"The streets are full of admirable craftsmen, but so few practical dreamers" - Man Rey
pogofish

Post by pogofish »

Bloody hell - This thread title had me going for a moment! :shock: :oops: :lol:
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

pogofish wrote:Bloody hell - This thread title had me going for a moment! :shock: :oops: :lol:
Hi Brian, going where exactly???!!!! ;-)
pogofish

Post by pogofish »

Yes - It was "Where the heck is this going to be!" :shock: :D
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Is it time for something new in the live show? [/quote]

I haven't seen TD in 20 years ... so ... to be honest with you nothing in it is old for me!

But as a writer, I find that even my poems change course once in a while ... and the "trigger" changes. As an example I used to have to have some TD, KS ... you know that kind of space ... in the background in order to be able to stay better focus'ed and tuned to what I call ... "internal work" ... but nowadays, silence is just as good, as is the sound of a spoon falling to my feet ... as it is the sound of my bird chirping ...

I directed stage productions ... and always used music and lights to maximum effect. To be honest with you seeing the typical cheap rock show light styles is ... old school, stupid and senseless. To me, this "light show" theory is what helped kill the good part of the 60's (for example) ... get people tripped out ... and all it meant in the end was you got laid and smoked a joint ... even the music didn't mean greatness?

I resented that then, and I resent it now.

But I'm not sure I want to see another Beyruth Opera set either ... with these "symbolic colors" in the background ...

I know it's expansive ... but give me a film camera and I will film something and then have Edgar and friends create music to it live. Or vice versa ... give me a piece of music and I will film something for it ... and time to it.

It's all an experience ... and we all feel different things ... and Edgar knows that as well as any performer ever ... but that's also like saying that I would not enjoy Edgar with just a guitar in his hand plugged into my computer network and his laptop ... he might just fiddle around and find something to fool around with if the atmosphere hits him with the right amount of sunshine/moonshine (not the drink in this metaphor).

The best show I ever saw in concert? ... had no lights!