E. FROESE and K. SCHULZE - One Off Event!

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

E. FROESE and K. SCHULZE - One Off Event!

Post by tdream4ever »

I would like to see EB and KS get together at a One Off Show. Just the 2 on stage improvising. Well, maybe a few classics thrown in just for fun. Any chance of that happening? Just a thought!
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
jacob

Post by jacob »

Sounds like fun :wink:
Last edited by jacob on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
pb2rdf

Re: E. FROESE and K. SCHULZE - One Off Event!

Post by pb2rdf »

tdream4ever wrote:I would like to see EB and KS get together at a One Off Show. Just the 2 on stage improvising. Well, maybe a few classics thrown in just for fun. Any chance of that happening? Just a thought!
Put Jean Michel Jarre next to both man :D

grtz, Peter
Nero

Re: E. FROESE and K. SCHULZE - One Off Event!

Post by Nero »

tdream4ever wrote:I would like to see EB and KS get together at a One Off Show. Just the 2 on stage improvising. Well, maybe a few classics thrown in just for fun. Any chance of that happening? Just a thought!

I would like Elvis, the King, and Shakin' Stevens to perform together - this could be the same question..... :lol:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

It would have worked in the early 70's but now no way TD/EF & KS are two completely different artists. I personally wouldn't like to see them together but would love a double bill of both TD and KS like it was for those lucky enough to be at Loreley.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:It would have worked in the early 70's but now no way TD/EF & KS are two completely different artists. I personally wouldn't like to see them together but would love a double bill of both TD and KS like it was for those lucky enough to be at Loreley.
it did work..but that was 1973 :)
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I agree about seeing more improvisation and spontaneity in the live shows..I feel they're in danger of being a little too regimented and rehearsed at the moment. I vote for bringing a bit of good old fashioned darkness and danger to the stage!
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Hmm Edgar & Klaus could go one step further than these two:

went about a month ago and perform Dancing Queen together on stage - how about that? :D ;)

By the way, are there no off-stage photos of Edgar & Klaus from the Loreley event last year? Did they meet?
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:It would have worked in the early 70's but now no way TD/EF & KS are two completely different artists. I personally wouldn't like to see them together but would love a double bill of both TD and KS like it was for those lucky enough to be at Loreley.
it did work..but that was 1973 :)
Does not matter. Miles Davis did just before he died also a concert with his old buddies. And it all went well. And that after all the dope he used over the years. :D
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

This is true. I think the two perform differently. But when I heard Robert Plant and Alisson Krauss's was getting together to do Raising Sand album, I thought no way. But it worked.

You have 2 classic composers who obviously are 2 different composers together performing onstage improvising. I think it would work. Nothing but music! And atmosphere. Might be odd. But might be interesting too.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

Were I rich enough they would both be invited to have dinner with me and play if they feel like it ... as long as they wish.

I actually think it might be a good mix ... Edgar can put on his Strat and fly off probably as easily as Manuel Gottsching can ... and even differently. I would think that Edgar's style is more Zappa'esque (flows with the music by leading it -- not being a lead guitar doing its own thing against the musical current) ... and might actually work well ...

On the other hand I would also like to see Klaus take on some more "flow" and less "sequence" once in a while ... but that's just one of those ... funny feels and requests. I like things like "Sebastiam em traum" and the free form inner visions that it creates with doors opening and closing in a Sartre'ian way ... and would like to see more of it ... just like I would like to see Edgar also do a few more experimental bits without having to feel he has to get melodic, or break into a song.

Break the limitations!
24db

Post by 24db »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

Were I rich enough they would both be invited to have dinner with me and play if they feel like it ... as long as they wish.

I actually think it might be a good mix ... Edgar can put on his Strat and fly off probably as easily as Manuel Gottsching can ... and even differently. I would think that Edgar's style is more Zappa'esque (flows with the music by leading it -- not being a lead guitar doing its own thing against the musical current) ... and might actually work well ...

On the other hand I would also like to see Klaus take on some more "flow" and less "sequence" once in a while ... but that's just one of those ... funny feels and requests. I like things like "Sebastiam em traum" and the free form inner visions that it creates with doors opening and closing in a Sartre'ian way ... and would like to see more of it ... just like I would like to see Edgar also do a few more experimental bits without having to feel he has to get melodic, or break into a song.

Break the limitations!
Sebastian Im Traum is one of the best things from Klaus, well...one of the last great things really
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

exit81 wrote:I agree about seeing more improvisation and spontaneity in the live shows..I feel they're in danger of being a little too regimented and rehearsed at the moment. I vote for bringing a bit of good old fashioned darkness and danger to the stage!
Is it time for something new in the live show? Has the current format run its course? Time for someting different? What do people think? Most of us will go no matter what is in store (myself included), but every few years it's good to do a revamp and present fresh elements to a live show. Has that time come? Perhaps, perhaps not... ;-)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

TangFanIRL wrote:
exit81 wrote:I agree about seeing more improvisation and spontaneity in the live shows..I feel they're in danger of being a little too regimented and rehearsed at the moment. I vote for bringing a bit of good old fashioned darkness and danger to the stage!
Is it time for something new in the live show? Has the current format run its course? Time for someting different? What do people think? Most of us will go no matter what is in store (myself included), but every few years it's good to do a revamp and present fresh elements to a live show. Has that time come? Perhaps, perhaps not... ;-)
I must say i would prefer a Logos type show over the greatest hits type show especially with the frequency of the shows something different would be appreciated with a live CD released afterwards.
How about first half of new long pieces with well known in the second half
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

alipaul wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:
I must say i would prefer a Logos type show over the greatest hits type show especially with the frequency of the shows something different would be appreciated with a live CD released afterwards.
How about first half of new long pieces with well known in the second half
Would another poll be worth doing??? E.g. would you prefer a Logos type show or a Greatest Hits type show or acoustic set or..... !!!! ;-) If someone is feeling energetic, please go ahead with such a poll!! ;-)