Support acts for TD.

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

hansx wrote:Well, Ron Boots and friends. :lol:
Good choice, besides that Ron is a nice guy, he also plays very well.
Im very much looking forward to Ron Boots performance 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:Well, Ron Boots and friends. :lol:
Good choice, besides that Ron is a nice guy, he also plays very well.
Im very much looking forward to Ron Boots performance 8)
Ditto :D
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

same here 8)
jacob

Post by jacob »

I just saw on a ticket stub, that TD had a support act for the Manchester Free Trade Hall gig in November 1976. I wonder who?
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:Image

I just saw on a ticket stub, that TD had a support act for the Manchester Free Trade Hall gig in November 1976. I wonder who?
nobody (AFAIK) lots of UK tickets sometimes have it
jacob

Post by jacob »

24db wrote:

Just in case?
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:
24db wrote:

Just in case?
Well it's possible that printer had a generic typeset set up (with Support in the text, as it was so usual to a have a support bad: Cue mad rush to the bar where all the fans would pretend the support band wasn't there :D).

I've got several examples in my collection, but it wasn't until years later that TD would have a support (OZ 82, USA 88 etc etc)
24db

Post by 24db »

here's an example from 1974 mate! :

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Yes & i know that there wasn't any support at that gig

Quoting a famous Welshman 'I know as i was there!'
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

DITHMAR wrote:
krismopompas wrote:there may be another problem for a support act........ the stage is full of synthies ........ not so much space for another band......... but kraftwerk would be a good solution with only 4 notebooks, need no space and they stand still on their places :wink:
I would love to see these two acts together. Question is who would support who. I don't think any of the two is a support act to the other. It would just have to be a double act...

//Dennis
Would love to see you up there thrashing out some of your TD covers, or perhaps your own material!! mmmm! a "TD COVER ARTISTS APPRECIATION BAND" collaboration perhaps? heard your tracks on TDFZ....EXCELLENT! though I thought your instrument list was a tad sexist, they were all MR's & No MR's!! :wink:
Tiger Tiger burning bright....Bruce! throw another shrimp on!
jacob

Post by jacob »

aaronmcphee wrote:
DITHMAR wrote:
krismopompas wrote:there may be another problem for a support act........ the stage is full of synthies ........ not so much space for another band......... but kraftwerk would be a good solution with only 4 notebooks, need no space and they stand still on their places :wink:
I would love to see these two acts together. Question is who would support who. I don't think any of the two is a support act to the other. It would just have to be a double act...

//Dennis
Would love to see you up there thrashing out some of your TD covers, or perhaps your own material!! mmmm! a "TD COVER ARTISTS APPRECIATION BAND" collaboration perhaps? heard your tracks on TDFZ....EXCELLENT! though I thought your instrument list was a tad sexist, they were all MR's & No MR's!! :wink:
I guess it's a reference to the conclusive phase of KS' Dziekuje Poland LP, where he thanks his band: Mr. Minimoog, Mr. PPG, Mr. etc etc.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I don't think it's pheasable.

The technical detail and connectivity of everything on that stage is so massive that anyone else would not be able to touch anything that was even remotely close enough to the wiring and boards that it was/is all hooked up.

Someone doing something acoustic maybe ... but the difference would send all those new agey types off their rocker upset that something was brought in that "didn't fit" ...

Groups this big, and this specially different, need to do things on their own ... not share a stage.

The experience usually tends to get diluted for me otherwise. Even if the opening act was Kitaro and the act after was Cyreille Verdoux or vice versa.

The down side of it all is that it makes it harder for many of these to come along for our enjoyment. But TD has done other shows with other bands and I would imagine that much of that material played was software driven to lighten up the load on the stage ...
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

I don't think it's pheasable.

The technical detail and connectivity of everything on that stage is so massive that anyone else would not be able to touch anything that was even remotely close enough to the wiring and boards that it was/is all hooked up.

Someone doing something acoustic maybe ... but the difference would send all those new agey types off their rocker upset that something was brought in that "didn't fit" ...

Groups this big, and this specially different, need to do things on their own ... not share a stage.

The experience usually tends to get diluted for me otherwise. Even if the opening act was Kitaro and the act after was Cyreille Verdoux or vice versa.

The down side of it all is that it makes it harder for many of these to come along for our enjoyment. But TD has done other shows with other bands and I would imagine that much of that material played was software driven to lighten up the load on the stage ...
Not in the 70's anyway
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Could have been a surgical support. :wink:

Sorry.... I'll get my coat.