Poll: The return of the piano solo at TD live gigs

Would you like to see the return of the piano solo in TD's live show and if so who would you like to be doing the playing?

Edgar Froese
28%
Linda Spa
3%
Thorsten Quaeschning
28%
A suprise combination of the above!
41%

Total votes: 29

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Thorsten, with Edgar twiddling the knobs

Post by cantosis »

rockyrobin wrote:In the tradition of the days of Johannes & Paul H., Thorsten, with Edgar twiddling the knobs. Though one memorable piano solo few people refer to was part II, Shepherds Bush '96 , Edgar solo piano accompanied by film projection of snow clad mountains. That was superb.

Rocky

was that the one where LInda came out and joined him or was that a later gig?
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
rockyrobin wrote:In the tradition of the days of Johannes & Paul H., Thorsten, with Edgar twiddling the knobs. Though one memorable piano solo few people refer to was part II, Shepherds Bush '96 , Edgar solo piano accompanied by film projection of snow clad mountains. That was superb.

Rocky

was that the one where LInda came out and joined him or was that a later gig?
hansx

Post by hansx »

I love to hear the piano again live. it doesn't matter who will do it, but guess Edgar or Thorsten are the right persons to do it.
rockyrobin

Post by rockyrobin »

was that the one where LInda came out and joined him or was that a later gig?[/quote]

I remember Edgar bowing to the audience with such deference after a lovely bit of improvisational tinkling, & how Tangram-like it seemed without actually being a recognised passage as such, what with the snow backdrop. It was a great way to get the 2nd set underway. Did Linda join? He bowed out alone but maybe sometime during, i'm not sure?

Rocky
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.
24db

Post by 24db »

at the SBE 1996 Edgar played piano and then was joined by Linda who then edged him off the seat until she was just playing
rockyrobin

Post by rockyrobin »

Excellent memory Sir! Thats exactly what happened & what a nice moment. Edgar took his bow of deference therefore, leaving lovely Linda at the keys..
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
24db

Post by 24db »

rockyrobin wrote:Excellent memory Sir! Thats exactly what happened & what a nice moment. Edgar took his bow of deference therefore, leaving lovely Linda at the keys..
the moment is etched into my memory, in the same way the girder I was sitting on for 3 hours is etched onto my arse...ouch! ;)
rockyrobin

Post by rockyrobin »

24db wrote:
rockyrobin wrote:Excellent memory Sir! Thats exactly what happened & what a nice moment. Edgar took his bow of deference therefore, leaving lovely Linda at the keys..
the moment is etched into my memory, in the same way the girder I was sitting on for 3 hours is etched onto my arse...ouch! ;)
HA HA! thats hilarious - where the f... were you... in the fly tower ?? Must've been the upper circle.. take a cushion next time :D
Goodnight, folks."
24db

Post by 24db »

rockyrobin wrote:
24db wrote:
HA HA! thats hilarious - where the f... were you... in the fly tower ?? Must've been the upper circle.. take a cushion next time :D
yup...up in the gods. I don't think the SBE use that area anymore...or at least not for TD gigs
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

I was up there too mate!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

and me never got the feeling back in to my cheeks after that :shock:

Trying to get the tube for the last train from Euston was hilarious

felt as if my legs wern't part of my body !!!
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Should have been downstairs. You get the pleasure of standing through the whole show. I'd have fallen over, except my feet were welded to the floor with stale beer.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

epsilon75 wrote:
Taximan431 wrote:
EDWEIRDO wrote:Can't you make a guest appearance, Geoff? :wink:
Always up for a gusset appearance Edweirdo .... 8)

Geoff Taximan431 ElectroCelt .... :D :) 8) :wink: :!: :idea: :arrow:
:? :shock: Does that mean you play in your underwear Geoff :wink:
I sure would my friend not a problem ... it would certainly get some attention LOL :!:

Geoff Taximan431 ElectroCelt :D :) :wink: :!: :idea:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:at the SBE 1996 Edgar played piano and then was joined by Linda who then edged him off the seat until she was just playing

It was a great gig and I think it was my first TD gig. I remember talking to a guy who had travelled down to London as well as me while we were waiting to go in. we ended up going half on a hotel room to save ourself some cash. it left a good impression on what TD fans are like. shame I forgot his name though.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Chris Monk wrote:Johannes used to do a good piano solo back in the 80s. Paul's was pretty good too. I loved Edgar and TQ's back in 2005. Yeh I could stand to see a piano solo.
Johannes did wonderful on piano solos. He is surely missed. I wouldn't mind seeing Edgar do all the piano solos IMHO. :)
"Tangerine Dream: Letting the music speak without words"