Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances

Would you like to see the return of the piano solo in TD's live show and if so who would you like to be doing the playing?
Edgar Froese 28%  28%  [ 8 ]
Linda Spa 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Thorsten Quaeschning 28%  28%  [ 8 ]
A suprise combination of the above! 41%  41%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 29
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
rockyrobin wrote:
In the tradition of the days of Johannes & Paul H., Thorsten, with Edgar twiddling the knobs. Though one memorable piano solo few people refer to was part II, Shepherds Bush '96 , Edgar solo piano accompanied by film projection of snow clad mountains. That was superb.

Rocky



was that the one where LInda came out and joined him or was that a later gig?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
cantosis wrote:
rockyrobin wrote:
In the tradition of the days of Johannes & Paul H., Thorsten, with Edgar twiddling the knobs. Though one memorable piano solo few people refer to was part II, Shepherds Bush '96 , Edgar solo piano accompanied by film projection of snow clad mountains. That was superb.

Rocky



was that the one where LInda came out and joined him or was that a later gig?


1996

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
I love to hear the piano again live. it doesn't matter who will do it, but guess Edgar or Thorsten are the right persons to do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:34 pm
Posts: 20
Location: U.K.
was that the one where LInda came out and joined him or was that a later gig?[/quote]


I remember Edgar bowing to the audience with such deference after a lovely bit of improvisational tinkling, & how Tangram-like it seemed without actually being a recognised passage as such, what with the snow backdrop. It was a great way to get the 2nd set underway. Did Linda join? He bowed out alone but maybe sometime during, i'm not sure?

Rocky

_________________
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
at the SBE 1996 Edgar played piano and then was joined by Linda who then edged him off the seat until she was just playing

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:34 pm
Posts: 20
Location: U.K.
Excellent memory Sir! Thats exactly what happened & what a nice moment. Edgar took his bow of deference therefore, leaving lovely Linda at the keys..

_________________
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
rockyrobin wrote:
Excellent memory Sir! Thats exactly what happened & what a nice moment. Edgar took his bow of deference therefore, leaving lovely Linda at the keys..


the moment is etched into my memory, in the same way the girder I was sitting on for 3 hours is etched onto my arse...ouch! ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:34 pm
Posts: 20
Location: U.K.
24db wrote:
rockyrobin wrote:
Excellent memory Sir! Thats exactly what happened & what a nice moment. Edgar took his bow of deference therefore, leaving lovely Linda at the keys..


the moment is etched into my memory, in the same way the girder I was sitting on for 3 hours is etched onto my arse...ouch! ;)


HA HA! thats hilarious - where the f... were you... in the fly tower ?? Must've been the upper circle.. take a cushion next time :D

_________________
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
rockyrobin wrote:
24db wrote:
rockyrobin wrote:
Excellent memory Sir! Thats exactly what happened & what a nice moment. Edgar took his bow of deference therefore, leaving lovely Linda at the keys..


the moment is etched into my memory, in the same way the girder I was sitting on for 3 hours is etched onto my arse...ouch! ;)


HA HA! thats hilarious - where the f... were you... in the fly tower ?? Must've been the upper circle.. take a cushion next time :D


yup...up in the gods. I don't think the SBE use that area anymore...or at least not for TD gigs

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 1201
Location: Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland
I was up there too mate!

_________________
www.myspace.com/conradgibbons
www.last.fm/user/TangFanIRL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
and me never got the feeling back in to my cheeks after that :shock:

Trying to get the tube for the last train from Euston was hilarious

felt as if my legs wern't part of my body !!!

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Should have been downstairs. You get the pleasure of standing through the whole show. I'd have fallen over, except my feet were welded to the floor with stale beer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 1062
Location: Westren Australia:Rockingham 6168
epsilon75 wrote:
Taximan431 wrote:
EDWEIRDO wrote:
Can't you make a guest appearance, Geoff? :wink:


Always up for a gusset appearance Edweirdo .... 8)

Geoff Taximan431 ElectroCelt .... :D :) 8) :wink: :!: :idea: :arrow:


:? :shock: Does that mean you play in your underwear Geoff :wink:


I sure would my friend not a problem ... it would certainly get some attention LOL :!:

Geoff Taximan431 ElectroCelt :D :) :wink: :!: :idea:

_________________
http://www.downloadplatform.com/electrocelt/
www.myspace.com/ricochet1975 Also

ElectroCelt@myspace.com
http://indielite.com/ElectroCelt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
24db wrote:
at the SBE 1996 Edgar played piano and then was joined by Linda who then edged him off the seat until she was just playing



It was a great gig and I think it was my first TD gig. I remember talking to a guy who had travelled down to London as well as me while we were waiting to go in. we ended up going half on a hotel room to save ourself some cash. it left a good impression on what TD fans are like. shame I forgot his name though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 4:48 am
Posts: 574
Chris Monk wrote:
Johannes used to do a good piano solo back in the 80s. Paul's was pretty good too. I loved Edgar and TQ's back in 2005. Yeh I could stand to see a piano solo.


Johannes did wonderful on piano solos. He is surely missed. I wouldn't mind seeing Edgar do all the piano solos IMHO. :)

_________________
"Tangerine Dream: Letting the music speak without words"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage