Linda on sax before the first break at the London show

la sagesse du destin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Linda on sax before the first break at the London show

Post by la sagesse du destin »

I think that the track that Linda was playing on sax before the first break at the show of London was a TD version of the Sarabande from Haendel but I' m not sure. Do you think the same thing?
It was one of the many surprises of this fantastic show.
For sure, 300 years before Edgar, Haendel was too a german who had many success in England. Haendel and TD are two great musical bridges beetween the two countries.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
billythefish

Re: Linda on sax before the first break at the London show

Post by billythefish »

la sagesse du destin wrote:I think that the track that Linda was playing on sax before the first break at the show of London was a TD version of the Sarabande from Haendel but I' m not sure. Do you think the same thing?
For sure, 300 years before Edgar, Haendel was too a german who had many success in England. Haendel and TD are two great musical bridges beetween the two countries.

Charles
He stayed in a pub in my home town in Oxfordshire! Not far from the Manor Studios in fact :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Has anyone else noticed how Linda's facial appearance completely changes when her cheeks are puffed out. She looks completely different!
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

HYPERBOREA wrote:Has anyone else noticed how Linda's facial appearance completely changes when her cheeks are puffed out. She looks completely different!
:D :D That's pure musical talent at work, mate. And a very lovely lady to boot. 8) :wink:
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

la sagesse du destin wrote:I think that the track that Linda was playing on sax before the first break at the show of London was a TD version of the Sarabande from Haendel but I' m not sure. Do you think the same thing?

Charles
This was 'Sally's Garden' which is a version of the Irish traditional song 'Down By The Sally Gardens' and appears on the Choice EP. At the gig, during this track I recognised the melody and was sure it must have a melody similar to an Irish tune I knew from home (but for the life of me I couldn't remember the title). It was only afterwards when I spoke with Linda and she said 'Did you like the Irish tune?' that I realised that I had noticed an Irish tune correctly and she told me that it was 'Down by the Sally Gardens'! Then I put the name to the melody as I was in a choir for a few years recently and we sang this song - some of the lyrics came into my head when the song was played actually. I asked Linda why they decided to do that particular song and she said 'I love it! It is one of my favourite songs with a lovely melody!'.

It was nice to hear it again on the Choice EP when I got home.
jacob

Post by jacob »

TangFanIRL wrote:

Charles
This was 'Sally's Garden' which is a version of the Irish traditional song 'Down By The Sally Gardens' and appears on the Choice EP. At the gig, during this track I recognised the melody and was sure it must have a melody similar to an Irish tune I knew from home (but for the life of me I couldn't remember the title). It was only afterwards when I spoke with Linda and she said 'Did you like the Irish tune?' that I realised that I had noticed an Irish tune correctly and she told me that it was 'Down by the Sally Gardens'! Then I put the name to the melody as I was in a choir for a few years recently and we sang this song - some of the lyrics came into my head when the song was played actually. I asked Linda why they decided to do that particular song and she said 'I love it! It is one of my favourite songs with a lovely melody!'.

Nope, Charles refers to another track, see his tracklist here:
http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/for ... 1860#91860
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Ah! Ok! I sit corrected but I still wanted to share the Sally's Garden story with ye! ;-)
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

TangFanIRL wrote:

Charles

Ah ha, thats what the tune was, come to think of it I think Clannad did a cover of the Sally Gardens tune was too.
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

TangFanIRL wrote:

Charles

Ah ha, thats what the tune was, come to think of it I think Clannad did a cover of the Sally Gardens tune was too.
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!