After show meet and greets

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Think the membership was worth it for meeting the band alone. Edgar lived up to all my expectations of been cool, wise and a gentleman. Linda came across as a tad shy whilst Iris never stops smiling. Thorsten was also very cool, easy to talk to and quite amusing. An absolute pleasure.
homeless

Post by homeless »

As I've already mentioned to Andy by PM, I missed the Edinburgh
'meet' because, when exiting from the toilet after the gig
(.. too much beer ... holding my bladder until the last note was played..)
there was nobody around, the hall emptied pretty quickly
and nobody to ask, no announcement, no directions.

Dammit!

So, I just went home.

Also, I was one of the first to get into the merch stall.
The look on the young guys face at his first ever sight of a
Clydedale Bank tenner for 'Choice' was priceless too.

A real 'Double take'

"No mate, it's not a Euro"

:D

homeless
24db

Post by 24db »

homeless wrote:As I've already mentioned to Andy by PM, I missed the Edinburgh
'meet' because, when exiting from the toilet after the gig
(.. too much beer ... holding my bladder until the last note was played..)
there was nobody around, the hall emptied pretty quickly
and nobody to ask, no announcement, no directions.

Dammit!

So, I just went home.

Also, I was one of the first to get into the merch stall.
The look on the young guys face at his first ever sight of a
Clydedale Bank tenner for 'Choice' was priceless too.

A real 'Double take'

"No mate, it's not a Euro"

:D

homeless
Clydesdale Banknotes? very nice...even if Tesco's doesn't take them doon sarf.

'Perhaps' (and it's not my place to start telling Eastgate how to run things), but perhaps they could post some more concrete news about each M&G on the TDOC for each gig, then everyone knows what's happening, the Group, the fans and security staff. Well, provided they still want to do it that is. I can only add that it's a great idea, and I'm pretty sure that everyone who were lucky enough to meet any of the group will never forget it
Last edited by 24db on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
homeless

Post by homeless »

24db wrote: .... perhaps they could post some more concrete news about each M&G on the TDOC for each gig, then everyone knows what's happening, the Group, the fans and security staff. Well, provided they still want to do it that is. I can only add that it's a great idea, and I'm pretty sure that everyone who were lucky enough to meet any of the group will never forget it ...
Yes, a very good idea. :!:

Who is reading this?

8)
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Charles, NS expresses his gratitude to you for posting the post gig image of the Maestro upstairs at the Forum. Unfortunately due to age onset senility, he can't work out how to display the image to which he is referring. Probably just as well, as for reasons of public decency, NS' portrait should realistically come with a health warning before viewing. Anyway, for those with the stomach for it, NS is actually Edgar's surgically implanted right shoulder gimp (to the right as you view the image) the one with the daft star struck cheesy glare across his gormless fisog. While NS naturally apologizes for displaying such an expression, he does nonetheless lays claim to good reason for sporting it.

For some insane reason that only she can explain, Linda took leave of her senses and allowed this sad middle aged misfit the once in a lifetime opportunity of kissing her on the cheek. And what a wonderful cheek it was. Heaven knows why such a beautiful woman should momentarily display such a lapse of good judgement, but NS is supremely grateful she did so. Apparently it didn't affect her performances in Edinburgh & Los Angeles so no long term damage there thankfully. NS though is riding on a tide of smug self satisfaction at present for daring to perform such an act and is unlikely to fall off it before the next gig.

NS was surprised at how much younger everybody looked than they do in their thumbnail snapshots. As NS clearly doesn't get out much, he memorised as many of the Forum contributors faces as he could and went on a bout of celeb spotting that evening. Rediculous as it may seem, but NS was more apprehensive of meeting Forum members than TD themselves - BigMoog especially as I believe judging by the thumbnail recently posted, this is now by Royal appointment only. This feeling was exacerbated by the fact that NS would have to own up to being possibly the only tee-totaller in the TDBA. Not a proud confession to have to make. If you do come across NS in a pub in future, do your best to take pity on him, drinking improves his IQ and makes him unusually coherent, and he can't cope with the reality of talking sense once in a while.

Anyway, NS has gone on long enough and will make every effort in future to make his contributions less wordy. But before he signs off, he'd like to express his respect for all those TD fans that stood downstairs for three hours at the Forum and contributed hugely to what was a truly memorable evening. Thanks guys!
24db

Post by 24db »

NS, what can I say?...you rougue oh and you lucky sod ;)
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Probably the bravest thing NS has done in years - and also possibly the most wreckless - especially if Mrs NS gets to here about it. NS now prays that no one got a sneaky photo with which to bribe him
24db

Post by 24db »

you'll be safe, most TD fans can't operate cameras ;)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

cantosis wrote:The barmaid on the right looks so familiar. I have seen her before but can`t place it. I was thinking that on the night but I thought it might have been the beer but it definately was not.

Both nice looking ladies and did a great job last week.
Yes.... I think she was in "The Silence of the Lambs".
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

GlynRichards wrote:
cantosis wrote:The barmaid on the right looks so familiar. I have seen her before but can`t place it. I was thinking that on the night but I thought it might have been the beer but it definately was not.

Both nice looking ladies and did a great job last week.
Yes.... I think she was in "The Silence of the Lambs".
Jodie Foster lookalike :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

The M and Gs have been one of the best things about 2008, congratulations to TD and Eastgate for allowing them
Janus

Post by Janus »

24db wrote:The M and Gs have been one of the best things about 2008, congratulations to TD and Eastgate for allowing them
Totally agree Andy..the icing on the ultimate Tangerine-esque cake for fans
worldwide 8) 8) :D :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Janus wrote:
24db wrote:The M and Gs have been one of the best things about 2008, congratulations to TD and Eastgate for allowing them
Totally agree Andy..the icing on the ultimate Tangerine-esque cake for fans
worldwide 8) 8) :D :D
Must agree wholeheartedly,great for the fans and a big kick V sign to the grizzlies :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

One day....one day.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
One day....one day.

One day ! you'll get to meet the rest of us Chris , let alone the band ! :shock: :wink: :wink: