Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

01. Southpole Crossing (performed by Paul haslinger) from the Mandala video (no description needed really as it's been playing on TD's webpage for the last year, if you haven't heard it by now I'd check your speakers!)

02. Logos Blue (Performed by Ralf Wadephul) This version was used on the Three Phase video, although I'm not sure it's ever been released on a CD before (I'd have to check and see if it's on Tangents). It could even be a different mix

03. Alchemy Of The Heart II (performed Paul Haslinger & Edgar Froese) a stripped down version, without Chris Franke's sequencing perhaps? An interesting alternative version with some modern? percussion sounds

04. Beach Theme (performed by Zlatco Perica) Not bad I guess, although I'm not sure what to make of it

05. Phaedra 2005 (performed by Edgar Froese)....seems to be yet another version of this track, live perhaps? with some extra melodies and the phased drum loops sound different to my ears, the track has a fairly long 'extended' ending

06. Desert T. Dream (performed by Thorsten Quaeschning) sounds like the version TD perfomed at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in 2005, a different mix to the version on Tangents, in fact it's very good

07. Convention Of The 24 (performed by Edgar Froese) A remixed/re-recorded and 'much' faster version of the track on White Eagle.

08. The Blue Bridge (performed by Thorsten Quaeshning) a completely different recording from Thorsten, with a subtle new sequence. Linda is given more rein to play an extended version on sax, with added echo and some much puncher drums. Like it a lot

09. Ride On A Ray (performed by Edgar Froese) A completely different version, with Edgar kicking in at the start with extra keyboards, creating a more punchier and dynamic piece. Just when you expect the old guitar licks, Edgar rips in with a new version of his guitar solo. I've never been a huge fan of the original so, for me, this is much better. Excellent stuff....as Jerome might say 'two thumbs' ;)

10. Logos Velvet (performed by Thorsten Quaeshning) A whole new version of this classic track (it's been completely re-recorded). I'm not 100% but there even might be some real flute half way through. Great stuff, with some punchy 'live' drums.

11. Challengers Arrival (performed by Edgar Froese) From the Keep soundtrack obviously, but this is a different version, but with Edgar's great guitar solo intact (phew! although it might have been re-recorded) over a huge swirling chord.

12. Sphinx Red Lightning (performed by Edgar Froese) a new version with an odd sampled voice sequence. The beginning of the track now has a more ominious feel, leading into the usual powerful chords, but things have been given a make over, with a more funky mid-section (works quite well actually). Great stuff, and 'shock horror' I prefer it to the original

******this version in now on the jukebox on this site******

13. Pergamon Sphere (performed by Johannes Schmoelling) sounds like the version on Tangents to me, still a great track though

14. Loved By The Sun (performed by Thorsten Quaeschning) This is version that was played at the Tempodrom, ie a completely different 're-recorded' version of the track used on the Legend soundtrack. Good stuff...short but sweet.

From the CD booklet: All material newly recorded, mixed and edited. Recorded at TownEnd studios Berlin and Eastgate Studios Vienna
Last edited by 24db on Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Echosnare

Re: Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

Post by Echosnare »

24db wrote:Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

09. Ride On A Ray (performed by Edgar Froese) A completely different version, with Edgar kicking in at the start with extra keyboards, creating a more punchier and dynamic piece. Just when you expect the old guitar licks, Edgar rips in with a new version of his guitar solo. I've never been a huge fan of the original so, for me, this is much better. Excellent stuff....as Jerome might say 'two thumbs' ;)

13. Pergamon Sphere (performed by Johannes Schmoelling) sounds like the version on Tangents to me, still a great track though
Ride on the ray sounds a lot like the version from the tempodrom to me, & if it is, I'm not complaining about that. I AM complaining that it's not on the DVD...

As for Pergamon Sphere, I still say this is the best performance on the disc, whether it's from Tangents or not. JS is God!
24db

Re: Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

Post by 24db »

Echosnare wrote:
24db wrote:Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

Ride on the ray sounds a lot like the version from the tempodrom to me, & if it is, I'm not complaining about that. I AM complaining that it's not on the DVD...

As for Pergamon Sphere, I still say this is the best performance on the disc, whether it's from Tangents or not. JS is God!
No complaints from me mate :) Odd that Johannes is 'uncertain' about his own abilities on the piano, when he's obviously brilliant
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

I bet Colin takes issue with my JS IS GOD! statement!!
24db

Post by 24db »

Echosnare wrote:I bet Colin takes issue with my JS IS GOD! statement!!
wow, two posts in and you're issuing statments already ;) go for it mate!. Besides Colin knows TD are gods anyway
ngc891

Post by ngc891 »

"Ride on The Ray" - Excellent

-Oi'll Give It Foive

Chris
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

ngc891 wrote:"Ride on The Ray" - Excellent

-Oi'll Give It Foive

Chris
Some one is showing their age!!
ngc891

Post by ngc891 »

Do they take Green Shield stamps at Eastgate ?

:)
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive really looking forward to it though
shame there wasn't more JS though
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

WELCOME TO THE NEW TD FORUM

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Dear Friends of TD,

What a surprise to see all of you again!! :wink:

Tangerine Dream wishes you a wonderful Christmas time
and a lot of fun with our new website coming up very soon!

Best regards,
TD ADMIN
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Well my package didn't arrive :cry:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

sparrow wrote:Well my package didn't arrive :cry:
Niether did mine, John. :(
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
sparrow wrote:Well my package didn't arrive :cry:
Niether did mine, John. :(
Merry Christmas all - GREAT to be here under my proper handle..... :)

Sorry some of you didn't get your packages - our postal system has a lot to answer for, so don't blame the senders just yet... Anyway, shouldn't you guys be playing carols this time of year? [ouch!]

I'm really looking forward to hearing the new direction TD seems to be going in, as well as Jerome's new album (the last one was brill J!)

All the best

Dave
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Merry christmas to all, mine never arrived either but at least we have the new website and forum for Xmas :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

No package here and to say im gutted is the understatement of the year :cry: i am not amused :roll: