Have a go !

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Have a go !

Post by timer »

Please use this thread in the event of a fall out !
24db

Re: Have a go !

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:Please use this thread in the event of a fall out !
I prefer the button fly...hence no fall out Tim ;)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
I don't want to fall out with anyone Andy, but this situation is driving me nuts today ! .

I know people are passionate about the TD music, but this is rediculous
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
I don't want to fall out with anyone Andy, but this situation is driving me nuts today ! .

I totally agree Tim
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:

Well said Tim. Let's drown it all out with some positive posts :-)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I can only speak from my own corner:

I have never had a go or got personal with anyone, I don`t have a problem with you, Colin or anyone else for that matter. I do have a problem with labels and sub groups, I have seen these kind of cut of groups ruin other forums in the past and I don't want this one to go the same way.

I don`t understand why there has to be a cut of section of TD fans "barmy army".

Anyway I cant be bothered to go on about it, I really didn't`t intend to cause any trouble.

I would be interested to know what you think is the reason why hardly any new registered people post on here? it seems to be the same old group of people every day, me included I guess. why isn`t this forum attracting new posters, are you not bothered?

You get the odd person registering saying hello and then going for ever, I would think that is painting some sort of picture about this forum, I could be wrong, who knows but that is what I am feeling so I want to say rather then be the silent majority.

As I said earlier I think it is shocking that the official website of Tangerine Dream does not even have 500 registered users, and probably not even 100 reguler posters?

:arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

my forum has 60 registered users :idea:
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

bigmoog wrote:my forum has 60 registered users :idea:
well that says it all really :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Matthew mate, all EM forums are going down in posts and members...compare the EMportal forum, Bm's, Tadream (have a look at the monthly stats...going down since 2004). Karl Bartos's site is very dead and he was part of the most widely know EM acts ever!. There is no one reason why people don't use or post on forums...the same way there's no one reason why they do.

However it does amaze me (and I've said this off the record) why fans that have gone to 40 TD gigs (yes 40!) have 'never' posted on this, the former or the very first TD sight. But...and you don't have to be brain surgeon to realise that as you grow up, buying 8 zillion records by TD sometimes gets shunted into the background...as it should if you've got a young family etc etc. We're all getting older...except for Jacob ;)

Re the whole BA thing, it's just a daft title...Chris knows this makes me cringe, but I'm only a fan...but I can't complain he's a totally nice bloke, with TD written through him like Blackpool Rock (please don't check! ;)).

As most things in life I'm not likely to change your mind, the same way as you're not going to change mine (although I hope we're both open minded). I think we should respect eachother, as we're all TD fans...if not we might as well have a big fight in a sand box and all get sent to bed early ;)
Last edited by 24db on Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

cantosis wrote:I can only speak from my own corner:

I have never had a go or got personal with anyone, I don`t have a problem with you, Colin or anyone else for that matter. I do have a problem with labels and sub groups, I have seen these kind of cut of groups ruin other forums in the past and I don't want this one to go the same way.

I don`t understand why there has to be a cut of section of TD fans "barmy army".

Anyway I cant be bothered to go on about it, I really didn't`t intend to cause any trouble.

I would be interested to know what you think is the reason why hardly any new registered people post on here? it seems to be the same old group of people every day, me included I guess. why isn`t this forum attracting new posters, are you not bothered?

You get the odd person registering saying hello and then going for ever, I would think that is painting some sort of picture about this forum, I could be wrong, who knows but that is what I am feeling so I want to say rather then be the silent majority.

As I said earlier I think it is shocking that the official website of Tangerine Dream does not even have 500 registered users, and probably not even 100 reguler posters?

It's an interesting question about new-posters, but over the (six) years I have been part of the online TD community, I have seen a lot of people come and go.
I have also met far more people face to face at the various meet-ups than I have ever met on-line. It's obvious when visiting concerts that there are far more fans out there than post on-line.
There could be many reasons for this. I do think that the nature of TD and their music attracts a higher proportion of shyer, introverted people than many other bands, and that this could be part of the explanation.
I also know though that the many people I have drunk with pre and post gigs who do not post here, do so because they simply do not feel the need, or do not have the time. Other fear being sniped.

There is a certain individual who no longer posts here who many people mention to me (and no, they do not post here on this forum), because they do not understand why he is so consistently unfriendly to people. There is a LONG list of people he's fallen out with, and a LONG list of on-line flames that he has been part of.

There are people here on this forum still allied to this individual, and you have every right to pick and choose your friends. But PLEASE put things into perspective and ask exactly who is marching in step here.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

cantosis wrote:

:cry:
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

bigmoog wrote:
cantosis wrote:

:cry:
hehe just kidding,I am actually a member of your forum - remember
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

cantosis wrote:I can only speak from my own corner:

For many, I suspect that there is way too much of the same joke, the same topics that most TD fans wouldn't find engaging. Maybe most TD fans would rather not be made to feel that there was a hierarchy of TD fans, the TDBA/clique, above other TD fans.

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
timer

Post by timer »

What has nearly killed this forum is/was (from my angle) an earlier episode of what has happened over the past 24hrs, a visual slanging match, not by the original poster, but by others trying to fuel the fire, and i mean no disrespect in that comment.

I don't think anyone is intimidated not to post on this forum because of a 'Tag' used for 'open' events organised through the pages of this site, and if they are I for one have ,untill your postings ,have never been made aware of it !.

Surely if certain individuals want to go under the BA moniker then thats entirely up to the individual, as freedom of choice. I respect that you personally do not wish to be branded with this tag, and that is your choice. At the end of the day it is just a 'Tag' nothing else. I certianly do not feel superior to anyone on this forum on any level, in fact I feel quite humble as other members are far more informed on TD than I am.

And yes I am concerned about the flagging 'active' membership posting on this forum, it upsets me to think that you go to a TD gig and it's full ,yet only a handfull of people post here. Yes it's the same old few, and I for one come on this forum each and every day, to hopefully catch some info on TD concerts, or releases and to relish in the exitement this brings us Die hard TD fans. But what can be done to remedy this really ?

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:Matthew mate, all EM forums are going down in posts and members...compare the EMportal forum, Bm's, Tadream (have a look at the monthly stats...going down since 2004). Karl Bartos's site is very dead and he was part of the most widely know EM acts ever!. There is no one reason why people don't use or post on forums...the same way there's no one reason why they do.

However it does amaze me (and I've said this off the record) why fans that have gone to 40 TD gigs (yes 40!) have 'never' posted on this, the former or the very first TD sight. But...and you don't have to be brain surgeon to realise that as you grow up, buying 8 zillion records by TD sometimes gets shunted into the background...as it should if you've got a young family etc etc. We're all getting older...except for Jacob ;)

Re the whole BA thing, it's just a daft title...Chris knows this makes me cringe, but I'm only a fan...but I can't complain he's a totally nice bloke, with TD written through him like Blackpool Rock (please don't check! ;)).

As most things in life I'm not likely to change your mind, the same way as you're not going to change mine (although I hope we're both open minded). I think we should respect eachother, as we're all TD fans...if not we might as well have a big fight in a sand box and all get sent to bed early ;)
I do respect everyone on here, I actually like a lot of you, I mean do you think I would have stayed around for 8 months posting if I didn`t respect or like you, I am not into mentel pain!

I don`t know why but it has just been grating me more lately, I had hoped we would see more new TD fans coming on here but it doesnt seem to be the case. I just wanted to give my opinions on why its not happening, I could be wrong but I feel I have a right to say, and christ I am only saying it cause I care about this forum and TD.

I am sorry if anyone has been offended by anything I have said. I am quite shy and passive in real life and hate aggression but I don`t see anything wrong with healthy debate, that all I was trying to do.