Have a go !

Seeker_UK
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Seeker_UK »

bigmoog wrote:I will have a go here and advise the td fan of bms thoughts once i work out how to get out of this lift :roll:
The door is often a good place to start :wink:
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

JD wrote:But when all is said and done ...there is a kind of clique/group here (for want of a better word) its not offensive, I dont hate anybody for it, in fact some of you have been very helpful in the past too and friendly which is all good.

I just wonder what reaction there would be if another group of friends took up pages of threads you wanted to read with the kind of chatter we get now :
"not seen you for weeks"
"yes sir i was hiding in edgars wardrobe spying on where he keeps his moustache hair"
"tweet tweet says my sparrow"
"are you mad"?
"who i ? ;) "
"too much ale today ..tweet tweet"
"This sparrow is dead"
"dead you say ...NAy sir i say NAY"
"tweet tweet"

ad infintum .

Not funny is it ? especially if you dont know the people, or the jokes, in fact you might think its a bit self indulgent to presume all and sundry are rolling on the floor laughing at the 5 page comedy epic that has obliterated the original topic.I cant help but wonder if there would be cries of "OFF TOPIC" from all corners.

Its a TD forum with a whole section for chat and topics not related to music or TD ...why not just do it all there and then nobody will complain about anything other than TD :) I really think that would ease tensions here.

Does anybody agree with me on this ? I'm really not trying to fan the flames, I'm just asking some people to look at things from another perspective rather than getting offended :)
Personally, I have no problem with your suggestion - and can see it is made with good intent. I don't think much anger was being directed at you anyways...

I think the forum has already changed - like a good thunderstorm, the air has cleared somewhat.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

In 2003, I decided to join the online TD community, to engage with fans who shared my TD fandom. On the previous TDI forum, I created the BM persona,partly to counter the flame wars there as well as adding 'humour', to a somewhat dry arena of discussion. I kept my profile personal as to be honest, Im a shy kinda guy....but after some intense evil towards me both online and personal, I ended up meeting fellow fans in person....I now have many personal friends here and elsewhere to chat about TD etc. I thank Stephen (BTF) and Peter (Redziller) for first meeting me in person and making me feel welcome. Since then I have met and become personal friends with Colin, Janus, Andy...and many others who know who they are. Perhaps the personal nature of the online banter between friends does grate on others,,,,,which is understandable. But,what I find awful is the vindictive or plain spite displayed sometimes towards genuine people here. A forum is a platform for discussion, information sharing and fun...I realise that the forum can be seen as a 'chat room' for friends...which of course I indulge....but as far as Im concerned we are all TD fans whether we know each other or not.

Its inevitable that some posts may be misinterpreted as spite or flame fanning....thats the nature of impersonal discussion....

Colin, its good to see you still posting ,and to everyone here I have only one further thing to say : Without the music of Tangerine Dream, it would be a silent, cold and deadly boring world.

Best wishes to all TD fans

now Im off to put a TD record on :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

Nice post BM, 100% spot on
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:Nice post BM, 100% spot on
I'll second that. Excellent post.

(np: Green Desert)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Janus

Post by Janus »

Well said Moogey fantastic post and sums it all up :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Well said BM.

... I have to say that one of the joys of this forum, for me anyway, is the banter and the complete inability of the forum members to keep the threads on topic. I love that. So what if we don't discuss the minutiae of the topic, who does it hurt.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:Well said BM.

... I have to say that one of the joys of this forum, for me anyway, is the banter and the complete inability of the forum members to keep the threads on topic. I love that. So what if we don't discuss the minutiae of the topic, who does it hurt.
Fantastic post Chris, couldn't agree more. 8)
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:In 2003, I decided to join the online TD community, to engage with fans who shared my TD fandom. On the previous TDI forum, I created the BM persona,partly to counter the flame wars there as well as adding 'humour', to a somewhat dry arena of discussion. I kept my profile personal as to be honest, Im a shy kinda guy....but after some intense evil towards me both online and personal, I ended up meeting fellow fans in person....I now have many personal friends here and elsewhere to chat about TD etc. I thank Stephen (BTF) and Peter (Redziller) for first meeting me in person and making me feel welcome. Since then I have met and become personal friends with Colin, Janus, Andy...and many others who know who they are. Perhaps the personal nature of the online banter between friends does grate on others,,,,,which is understandable. But,what I find awful is the vindictive or plain spite displayed sometimes towards genuine people here. A forum is a platform for discussion, information sharing and fun...I realise that the forum can be seen as a 'chat room' for friends...which of course I indulge....but as far as Im concerned we are all TD fans whether we know each other or not.

Its inevitable that some posts may be misinterpreted as spite or flame fanning....thats the nature of impersonal discussion....

Colin, its good to see you still posting ,and to everyone here I have only one further thing to say : Without the music of Tangerine Dream, it would be a silent, cold and deadly boring world.

Best wishes to all TD fans

now Im off to put a TD record on :arrow:
Well said 'Friend' ?!! :lol:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

JD wrote:But when all is said and done ...there is a kind of clique/group here (for want of a better word) its not offensive, I dont hate anybody for it, in fact some of you have been very helpful in the past too and friendly which is all good.

I just wonder what reaction there would be if another group of friends took up pages of threads you wanted to read with the kind of chatter we get now :
"not seen you for weeks"
"yes sir i was hiding in edgars wardrobe spying on where he keeps his moustache hair"
"are you mad"?
"who i ? ;) "
"This sparrow is dead"
"tweet tweet"

ad infintum .

Not funny is it ? especially if you dont know the people, or the jokes, in fact you might think its a bit self indulgent to presume all and sundry are rolling on the floor laughing at the 5 page comedy epic that has obliterated the original topic.I cant help but wonder if there would be cries of "OFF TOPIC" from all corners.

Its a TD forum with a whole section for chat and topics not related to music or TD ...why not just do it all there and then nobody will complain about anything other than TD :) I really think that would ease tensions here.

Does anybody agree with me on this ? I'm really not trying to fan the flames, I'm just asking some people to look at things from another perspective rather than getting offended :)
Excellent post, I suspect the "humour" all over the forum, and some of it is getting alittle sick, is making many people stop reading the forum, more so as the years go by. I guess that we are almost at the point where about half a dozen people still find it funny, it becomes even less so as others repeat it, and I really can't see the point of talking in the third person. No offense meant to bigmoog, I did send him a polite email to request less of the "humour", a few months ago.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

I've got to agree 100% with both BigMoog and Chris. I'm sorry, but if we all insisted on cutting out from the forum anything we personally didn't want then there'd be precious little to talk about. There are a number of topics that are of little or no interest to me but I simply skip over them and enjoy the rest.

Live and let live I say.
JD

Post by JD »

Wolfman wrote:

I've got to agree 100% with both BigMoog and Chris. I'm sorry, but if we all insisted on cutting out from the forum anything we personally didn't want then there'd be precious little to talk about. There are a number of topics that are of little or no interest to me but I simply skip over them and enjoy the rest.

Live and let live I say.
Wolfman: I think for me, its not a case of topics im not interested in because i could just skip them like you ...its topics I am interested in that are ruined by pages of personal banter that spoils it for me.

Chris Monk says he likes it though, but he is one of the Barmy Army crew ;) I dont want to keep repeating the same thing ad infinitum but maybe some people dont understand that there are others here who have just as much right to be here but who dont find the banter remotely funny, and Chris, would you be of the same opinion if a group of people you didnt really know whitewashed topics you were trying to follow with inane humour meant to amuse five people who meet up in the pub every weekend and nobody else ? Be honest with your answer ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Seeker_UK

Post by Seeker_UK »

Ooooh get you lot, the "I agree with what he says" clique. :wink:

I'm going to form my own group for people who dislike cliques. :wink:

OH! TEH IRONY
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

It seems as though things have calmed down a bit since last week which is a good thing. Some good points have been made by other people but whether anything will change is another matter.

A few things have frustrated me over the past week on this forum which has me made resort to a few childish antics which at 35 I am pretty ashamed of myself, I have started doing exactly what has been annoying me by other people (attention seeking,being a drama queen,childish).

Anyway I want to wipe the slate clean, it is obvious we all come from different backgrounds, have different beliefs, have different levels of intelligence but we all love TD and I guess with this being a TD forum we should put that ahead of any personal stuff.

So anyway rather then ramble on, I just want to apologise for anything I did that may have pissed other people off, If anything annoys me in the future I shall censor myself for the good of the board.

cheers

P.S please excuse poor spelling, but I am dyslexic....why do you think I stick to one or two lines :D
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Desert_Voyager wrote:

"not seen you for weeks"
"are you mad"?
"who i ? ;) "
"This sparrow is dead"
"tweet tweet"

ad infintum .

Excellent post, I suspect the "humour" all over the forum, and some of it is getting alittle sick, is making many people stop reading the forum, more so as the years go by. I guess that we are almost at the point where about half a dozen people still find it funny, it becomes even less so as others repeat it, and I really can't see the point of talking in the third person. No offense meant to bigmoog, I did send him a polite email to request less of the "humour", a few months ago.
Wouldn't be moogie without the warped sense of humour,

I found out this morning that a friend of mine died of a mssive heart attack
so i could do with some lighted hearted jollity from time to time
I personally could do without the bickering & backstabbing that goes on this forum at times.
Just enjoy life and enjoy TD as that's what as brought us to this forum in the first place
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache