Classic Tangerine Dream Life Moments

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

aye, travelling and listening to Tangerine Dream 8) Its like the soundtrack to your journey!

Actually Tangerine Dream, soundtrack to life :D

Another classic for me this year was...........

Camping with the family in the Perthshire highlands. One still warm night, in a RARE quiet moment! sitting outside the tent, under a clear, starlit highland sky, listening to Force Majeur on my newly purchased i pod.

Class
wish I was there right now (summer obviously :D )
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I'll have to rip my copy of Transiberia down to my mp3 for next year!!

:D :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
computerchemist

Re: Classic Tangerine Dream Life Moments

Post by computerchemist »

24db wrote:
train journeys suit TD's music very well
I'ts a funny thing really... it's a combination of the regular, repetitive, hypnotic, almost sequenced snare-like sound (ch-ch-ch-CHA... ch-ch-ch-CHA), the changing low drone rumble overlayed with wonderful ambient effects undergoing stereo doppler shift, always going from high to low... I have this sneaking feeling that trains are actually part of the Berlin School of Music experience and should be categorized as such :D

My personal life changing moment was waiting for the TD concert to start in the foyer of the Birmingham Odeon during the '82/3 tour tinkering around on a synthesizer which was part of some music shop demo I think - I played a note perfect rendition of the first 8 bars or so of "beach theme (scene)" - the whole foyer, packed with fans, went quiet as all heads looked in my direction - when they realised I wasn't who they hoped I was there was a collective "awwww", the conversations started again and I felt quite embarassed to have got everyone's hopes up!
Regards

Dave Pearson
www.computerchemist.com
New album "landform" is released!
www.cdbaby.com/all/computerchemist
24db

Post by 24db »

computerchemist wrote:
24db wrote:
train journeys suit TD's music very well
I'ts a funny thing really... it's a combination of the regular, repetitive, hypnotic, almost sequenced snare-like sound (ch-ch-ch-CHA... ch-ch-ch-CHA), the changing low drone rumble overlayed with wonderful ambient effects undergoing stereo doppler shift, always going from high to low... I have this sneaking feeling that trains are actually part of the Berlin School of Music experience and should be categorized as such :D

My personal life changing moment was waiting for the TD concert to start in the foyer of the Birmingham Odeon during the '82/3 tour tinkering around on a synthesizer which was part of some music shop demo I think - I played a note perfect rendition of the first 8 bars or so of "beach theme (scene)" - the whole foyer, packed with fans, went quiet as all heads looked in my direction - when they realised I wasn't who they hoped I was there was a collective "awwww", the conversations started again and I felt quite embarassed to have got everyone's hopes up!
rumour has it that Beach Theme has exactly the same chord sequence as a certain track track by Bob Dylan
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

What track is that then mate :?:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:What track is that then mate :?:
Blimey I can't remember now mate. A work mate of mine who is a really good guitarist spotted it..he also knows most of Dylan's backcatalogue
har

Post by har »

and another one!

Heading over to the coast to pick up my young lass 2100hrs, vehicle let me down :roll:

Remote Angus hillside, pitch black, mist, cold, one hour till the AA will be there, very concerning to be honest :!:

Ipod in pocket with newly downloaded Orange Odysee thereon. Almost made it enjoyable :D

Cheers TD.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

har wrote:and another one!

Heading over to the coast to pick up my young lass 2100hrs, vehicle let me down :roll:

Remote Angus hillside, pitch black, mist, cold, one hour till the AA will be there, very concerning to be honest :!:

Ipod in pocket with newly downloaded Orange Odysee thereon. Almost made it enjoyable :D

Cheers TD.

Mmm, walking through Arley Village (near Coventry, UK), October 2007, towards home from my Gran's watching the sun set over the reck also listening to Orange Odyessey. Great live recording.
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
timer

Post by timer »

was listening to the Keep (Heritage Survival) last week on the journey to work - suddenly Im on think fog - what an atmosphere that created .
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

24db wrote:rumour has it that Beach Theme has exactly the same chord sequence as a certain track track by Bob Dylan
Could it be the song "My Back Pages"?
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Earlier this year, I drove the long way home from taking our son to school. Driving down towards the sea front - angry sea and roiling clouds with Phaedra blaring from the over-worked car speakers - awsome!

This last year has seen many solo car trips to TD accompaniment (with some Ulrich Schnauus too I should add). I just can't live without them - TD has kept me sane (with the help of you lot of course...)
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:
24db wrote:rumour has it that Beach Theme has exactly the same chord sequence as a certain track track by Bob Dylan
Could it be the song "My Back Pages"?
I can't hear it myself...or at least from the short extract I found...massive backcatalogue to go through as well
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Found this on Amazon, for comparing the tracks

My Back Pages (various versions as sound snippets)
TD - Thief (Amazon page with snippet Of Beach Theme) I don't mean the guitar solo here in that sample, but the melody at the start - could be a "stretched" version of "I-was-so-much-older-then, I'm-younger-than-that-now"

not sure myself :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:Found this on Amazon, for comparing the tracks

My Back Pages (various versions as sound snippets)
TD - Thief (Amazon page with snippet Of Beach Theme) I don't mean the guitar solo here in that sample, but the melody at the start - could be a "stretched" version of "I-was-so-much-older-then, I'm-younger-than-that-now"

not sure myself :)
lol...well it's damned subtle if it is mate
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

24db wrote: lol...well it's damned subtle if it is mate
ok ok lol :wink:
but here's one that's more fun: Love on a Real Train ... Logos ... not exactly, but close. :)