Rick Wakeman

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Rick Wakeman

Post by hansx »

Yesterday I already said that Rick Wakeman is my oldtime keyboard favourite. Today the mailman brought a package where I waited for weeks on.
The Video Vault. 6 dvd's in a luxery package.
Great things like the Arthur on Ice concert from 1975. Other concerts from 1976, 1980, 1981 ( the 1985 album) and rarities.
Now playing is Nightmusic, a one men show on piano and sunth. Like it of course very much. Maybe TD has to something like this.
Any other fans here?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

He is probably THE most talented player of our time. He comes across as a really funny and nice guy and although he admits himself he made numerous mediocre and poor albums his work with Yes and as a session player is astounding. Some of his playing is breathtaking and he makes it look simple.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Rick Wakeman is great. A very tallented guy. Seen him play more times than I care to remember and he is always very entertaining. I don't agree with his politics but I just love his playing.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Seen Rick many times,the man is a musical collossus IMHO.......an incredible talent.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/ ... r06/08.jpg
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:Seen Rick many times,the man is a musical collossus IMHO.......an incredible talent.
Great T-shirt mate. Got one like it myself. What did Rick have to say about that? It wasn't his favourite album.

...and if I'm not very much mistaken isn't that St David's Hall?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Seen Rick many times,the man is a musical collossus IMHO.......an incredible talent.
Great T-shirt mate. Got one like it myself. What did Rick have to say about that? It wasn't his favourite album.

To be honest Chris he looked at it and did not comment,people say he is a grumpy old so and so but he was very patient and genial that night,mind you,probably because i was buying his CDs :wink: :wink:
The guy is just a fantastic musician IMHO 8) and yes it is ST Davids
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

THink Rick Wakeman was the first synth player I heard, a brother of a mate had White Rock and i loved it straight away.
I really liked Criminal Record. Got to see him in Bristol 1980 i think, was a memorable evening. 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:THink Rick Wakeman was the first synth player I heard, a brother of a mate had White Rock and i loved it straight away.
I really liked Criminal Record. Got to see him in Bristol 1980 i think, was a memorable evening. 8)
When we got married we had a really good organist and I tried to get him to play Judas Iscariot sadly he said it wasn't appropriate. :cry:
har

Post by har »

Rick = definintive Yes keyboard hero from the other greatest band that ever was.

Great personality too.

Seen him live in Glasgow with Yes twice, thankfully!
hansx

Post by hansx »

har wrote:Rick = definintive Yes keyboard hero from the other greatest band that ever was.

Great personality too.

Seen him live in Glasgow with Yes twice, thankfully!
Have seen him solo about 5 times and with Yes??
Really lost the count. Dozens of times.
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

To be honest Chris he looked at it and did not comment,people say he is a grumpy old so and so but he was very patient and genial that night,mind you,probably because i was buying his CDs :wink: :wink:
The guy is just a fantastic musician IMHO 8) and yes it is ST Davids
Have also this shirt, weat it from time to time and ever get some commends on it. Usually
what is that????
Rick is a nice guy, met him a few years ago on a fan club meeting. Very friendly and not grumpy at all (that occasion).
har

Post by har »

Hansx

Your post just reminded me. Saw him live in Dundee with his son, adam about 10 years ago?

Played a brilliant set and I bought his "greatest hits" :shock: compilation and their joint recording project "Romance of the victorian age" which incidently is a brilliant album.

Couple of months later Steve Howe played a solo gig in Dundee also :shock:
hansx

Post by hansx »

har wrote:Hansx

Your post just reminded me. Saw him live in Dundee with his son, adam about 10 years ago?

Played a brilliant set and I bought his "greatest hits" :shock: compilation and their joint recording project "Romance of the victorian age" which incidently is a brilliant album.

Couple of months later Steve Howe played a solo gig in Dundee also :shock:
Just like TD there are a lot compilations made with remixed or replayed versions which are "nicely said" not too good.
But it gives some bread on the shelve I guess. Rick made dozens of albums, from which 50% is wallpaper. But the hightlights are great.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:Your post just reminded me. Saw him live in Dundee with his son, adam about 10 years ago?
I saw him many years ago at Ronnie Scott's in Birmingham with Adam and had the great good fortune to be sat right next to Rick's keyboards. It was an awesome night and Adam was just as good as his dad. They did a keboard duel at the end of the show, moving around the crowd with Keytars, that just blew me away. I was so pleased a few years back to get a copy of the Official Bootleg for this show but sadly it hardly captures the excitement.

At one point in the show, whilst playing a solo, Rick waved to us with his index finger and small finger with out missing a note. He is an awesome talent. Grumpy? not a bit of it.