On the radio: Pink Floyd and Kraftwerk

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

On the radio: Pink Floyd and Kraftwerk

Post by 24db »

two programmes TD fans 'might' be interested in are on BBC radio next week, first off there's a programme on Pink Floyd on Radio 2 (on saturday 17.11.07) at 8.00PM GMT, titled PF at 40 (the first episode of a two part series). Secondly there's a programme on Kraftwerk on thursday (22.11.07) on BBC radio 4 at 11.30AM, with Marc Riley.

Both programmes 'should' be archived for 7 days on the various BBC sites
cantosis

Re: On the radio: Pink Floyd and Kraftwerk

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:two programmes TD fans 'might' be interested in are on BBC radio next week, first off there's a programme on Pink Floyd on Radio 2 (on saturday 17.11.07) at 8.00PM GMT, titled PF at 40 (the first episode of a two part series). Secondly there's a programme on Kraftwerk on thursday (22.11.07) on BBC radio 4 at 11.30AM, with Marc Riley.

Both programmes 'should' be archived for 7 days on the various BBC sites
Nice one, I will certainly listen to the Pink Floyd one.
24db

Post by 24db »

it's funny that PF get 2 hours and Kraftwek only get 30 minutes plus...synth music isn't sexy enough for radio docs perhaps? ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw there's another doc which might be worth listening to, especially if you play guitar...it's on Hendrix and 'his chord' (a conflicted major/minor chord with a flattened 7th...you muso trainspotters! :))...Radio 3 (on saturday at 10.00PM)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Ive written them down and hopefully will tune in,would like to listen to the PF one especially :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Ive written them down and hopefully will tune in,would like to listen to the PF one especially :arrow:
i might record it...if I remember
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Pink Floyd are truly great..... but Kraftwerk aren't my cup of tea.... the fact that they're much more interested in motorbikes than music says it all

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Desert_Voyager wrote:Pink Floyd are truly great..... but Kraftwerk aren't my cup of tea.... the fact that they're much more interested in motorbikes than music says it all

same here, I have never found kraftwerk interesting
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:Pink Floyd are truly great..... but Kraftwerk aren't my cup of tea.... the fact that they're much more interested in motorbikes than music says it all

same here, I have never found kraftwerk interesting
I would,nt say i disliked Kraftwerk,far from it..........they mate some great albums but the Floyd were far more interesting IMHO :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Pink Floyd can move me as much as TD. Comfortably Numb always brings a tear....

“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Desert_Voyager wrote:Pink Floyd can move me as much as TD. Comfortably Numb always brings a tear to my eye

same here, although I have to admit even though David Gilmour is the better singer of the two I always find Roger Waters much more moving. I much prefer Waters Wish You Were Here/Shine On You Crazy Diamond then the Gilmour/Floyd versions.
timer

Post by timer »

Give me Animals over Dark side anyday !
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Echoes has always been my favorite piece by floyd and the Meddle album on a whole,ive lost count of the times ive played it over the years.....this again can be an emotional piece for me,a magical piece from a truly awesome music machine 8) :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

timer wrote:Give me Animals over Dark side anyday !
Animals ..is one of THE finest albums of all. My fave Floyd album by a mile. :D