On the radio: Pink Floyd and Kraftwerk

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Animals is a fantastic album and runs my favorite "Meddle" very close......Sheep just blows me away 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

epsilon75 wrote:Animals is a fantastic album and runs my favorite "Meddle" very close......Sheep just blows me away 8) :D
Maybe you would rephrase that last bit Colin... :wink: :lol: :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Animals is a fantastic album and runs my favorite "Meddle" very close......Sheep just blows me away 8) :D
Maybe you would rephrase that last bit Colin... :wink: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :oops: You are right John,what a clanger dropped there :oops: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

cantosis wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:Pink Floyd can move me as much as TD. Comfortably Numb always brings a tear to my eye

:!: :arrow:

same here, although I have to admit even though David Gilmour is the better singer of the two I always find Roger Waters much more moving. I much prefer Waters Wish You Were Here/Shine On You Crazy Diamond then the Gilmour/Floyd versions.
My favourite Pink Floyd albums are 'The Wall' and 'Is There Anybody Out There'.... Comfortably Numb, for example, sounds better on those, than on Pulse

:!: :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am boring, I have to say DSOTM is my fave floyd album. It was great to see Waters peform it live earlier in the year.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

timer wrote:Give me Animals over Dark side anyday !
Mmmm... Pigs on the Wing :)
Sublime.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

PF? yeah some good stuff, Kraftwerk? brilliant
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

cantosis wrote:I am boring, I have to say DSOTM is my fave floyd album. It was great to see Waters peform it live earlier in the year.
Oh yes, DSOTM is another truly brilliant Pink Floyd album :D 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

As usual my opion is way out from the majority, my favourite Floyd album is Wish You Were Here. :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:As usual my opion is way out from the majority, my favourite Floyd album is Wish You Were Here. :roll:
great album!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
cantosis wrote:I am boring, I have to say DSOTM is my fave floyd album. It was great to see Waters peform it live earlier in the year.
Oh yes, DSOTM is another truly brilliant Pink Floyd album :D 8)
I had a listen to DSOTM last night. It was the SACD 30th anniversary edition. I've heard quite a lot of crticism of this version. I find it stunning and some parts like 'Money' & 'Us and Them' sound so much brighter on this edition. DSOTM was the first PF I heard. I can still remember buying the LP from Boots. When I got it home up until then I had never heard anything like it. I was so struck by the sheer elegance of the whole album. To think it was put out in 1973 and hasn't aged a bit is something itself.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Wish you were here is my favourit, but Animals and DSOTM are also great.
Did see Waters performing it, and also Dream Theater in Amsterdam where they played the complete album in a great way. And after that the dvd Pulse was released. So, within a few months PF was back in my attention.
By the way, Gilmours latest dvd is also a beauty.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Kraftkwerk rule. Tour de France Soundtracks from 2003 is a great album. I can't think of anything of TD's from the same period that is half as enjoyable as Tour de France Soundtracks.