VOICES IN THE NET : RIP

JD
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by JD »

Ratty, your temperament doesnt really invite a serious discussion but I should point out a few things.

VITN is the work of one man, he spent the hours building it and updating it ...why would he/should he want to pass that on to somebody else ? In my experience other people ruin things anyway ...the site was his idea and his vision, although it was available for the public, it was never yours and if you feel robbed then thats your problem

Lets for moment imagine the cause is as you say ."3. Major family/health problems." ...who in this situation is going to prioritize making sure a tiny group of TD fans are kept happy over life changing experiences ?

and if you hardly ever use the site ...why on earth were you so angry anyway ?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

JD wrote:Ratty, your temperament doesnt really invite a serious discussion but I should point out a few things.

VITN is the work of one man, he spent the hours building it and updating it ...why would he/should he want to pass that on to somebody else ? In my experience other people ruin things anyway ...the site was his idea and his vision, although it was available for the public, it was never yours and if you feel robbed then thats your problem

Lets for moment imagine the cause is as you say ."3. Major family/health problems." ...who in this situation is going to prioritize making sure a tiny group of TD fans are kept happy over life changing experiences ?

You didnt read a word I wrote. That is painfully obvious.
JD

Post by JD »

rattymouse wrote:
JD wrote:Ratty, your temperament doesnt really invite a serious discussion but I should point out a few things.

I did read it , I just didnt agree with any of it.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

JD wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

I did read it , I just didnt agree with any of it.
You didnt read it at all. I explained exactly why I was upset despite not using the site.

Just checked over at tadream.net and as usual, the fans express far more comaradery there. Offers to host the site, work on it...trying to keep it going.

You can take your, it's mine so screw you attitude and keep it here.

by the way, it is also reported that many, MANY others contributed to VITN.
JD

Post by JD »

"You didnt read it at all. I explained exactly why I was upset despite not using the site."

you said you were "outraged at the injustice of someone who removes something from the public for no good valid reason."

you dont know what the reason is ?...and if its valid or not ?

"Just checked over at tadream.net and as usual, the fans express far more comaradery there. Offers to host the site, work on it...trying to keep it going. "

good for them ....didnt something similar happen with the Trees ?

"You can take your, it's mine so screw you attitude and keep it here."

You can take your. how dare you take something from me that was never mine in the first place and keep it there.

"by the way, it is also reported that many, MANY others contributed to VITN."

reported by who ? Here's an idea ..how about finding out just why the site was taken down before condemning the guy for taking it down. If he took it down out of boredom then we can call him a spoilsport ...if he is dying and has been given 2 weeks to live maybe you and others can forgive him
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

rattymouse what you say about that people should preserve and contribute to the common good sounds true to me. Other people here favour different political ideologies and I doubt a discussion about the right way of doing things will reach a result here.

Mr. Berling has taken that website offline and now it's gone. We could guess endlessly why he did it, but I think there's at least one other possibility apart from selfishness, and that is that he did it spontaneously, for reasons unknown but without him thinking much about the consequences and the impact on the TD community. Maybe it's best to wait some time if he hands over a complete copy of the site to the people who already have offered to host it for free.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Somehow I find it odd, that you are so perseverant and defensive towards your opinions, that you in our presence, consequently knock each other in your heads, instead of just ignoring the posts, if you feel, that someone tries to drag you down to their own low levels.

And trust me I'm not taking any sides, I can see it from both Michael's side and from the casual fan's. Making a website can be a nasty time killer, and you just want to quit it all, but on the other hand I'm a fan, too, and want to have as many top quality sources as available possible.

VITN was the perfect site. I miss it already!
And don't flame me - I'm not responding!
Last edited by Pertou on Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD

Post by JD »

Pertou wrote:Somehow I find it odd, that you are so perseverant and defensive towards your opinions, that you in our presence, consequently knock each other in your heads, instead of just ignoring the posts, if you feel, that someone tries to drag you down to their own low levels.

And trust me I'm not taking any sides, I can see it from both Michael's side and from the casual fan's. Making a website can be a nasty time killer, and you just want to quit it all, but on the other hand I'm a fan, too, and want to have as many top quality sources as available possible.

VITN was a great site. I miss it already!
Who was that post aimed at ? me or Ratty ?
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

JD wrote:
Pertou wrote:Somehow I find it odd, that you are so perseverant and defensive towards your opinions, that you in our presence, consequently knock each other in your heads, instead of just ignoring the posts, if you feel, that someone tries to drag you down to their own low levels.

None or both of you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Quote: You can take your. how dare you take something from me that was never mine in the first place and keep it there.

*sigh* your reading comprehension is appalling!!! You need to improve.

I stated quite clearly that I DO NOT VISIT VITN much. Not in at least a few years. Therefore, HOW can I cry about something being taken away from me?

See your faulty logic?

I speak for the TD community. Not for myself.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Michael66 wrote:rattymouse what you say about that people should preserve and contribute to the common good sounds true to me. Other people here favour different political ideologies and I doubt a discussion about the right way of doing things will reach a result here.

Mr. Berling has taken that website offline and now it's gone. We could guess endlessly why he did it, but I think there's at least one other possibility apart from selfishness, and that is that he did it spontaneously, for reasons unknown but without him thinking much about the consequences and the impact on the TD community. Maybe it's best to wait some time if he hands over a complete copy of the site to the people who already have offered to host it for free.
Good post. I hope you are right.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

JD wrote:

LOL! I cant get any lower than those who condone and protect selfishness.
JD

Post by JD »

rattymouse wrote:Quote: You can take your. how dare you take something from me that was never mine in the first place and keep it there.

I stated quite clearly that I DO NOT VISIT VITN much. Not in at least a few years. Therefore, HOW can I cry about something being taken away from me?

See your faulty logic?

"Therefore, HOW can I cry about something being taken away from me?"

but you are doing so because you wrote "I am utterly and completely disgusted by this turn of events."

So we are now to believe that this was just you speaking for the TD community ?

At what time did you become the self appointed voice of the TD community ?

do you see the appalling arrogance of that statement ?

I am part of this community and you do not represent my opinions at all, so I can only presume that you were very upset for personal reasons.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

JD wrote:
rattymouse wrote:Quote: You can take your. how dare you take something from me that was never mine in the first place and keep it there.

See your faulty logic?

but you are doing so because you wrote "I am utterly and completely disgusted by this turn of events."

I am part of this community and you do not represent my opinions at all, so I can only presume that you were very upset for personal reasons.
This is mindblowing. I am speaking MY mind at how disgusted I am at how the TD community gets the shaft. This is apparently beyond your understanding. I will leave it at this then.

I am one voice of the TD community. Not THE voice.
JD

Post by JD »

rattymouse wrote:
JD wrote:

See your faulty logic?

This is mindblowing. I am speaking MY mind at how disgusted I am at how the TD community gets the shaft. This is apparently beyond your understanding. I will leave it at this then.

I am one voice of the TD community. Not THE voice.
Whats mind blowing is your incomprehension at what you are writing ...you really need to improve !!

How can you be "one voice of the TD community. not THE voice" and at the same time write "I speak for the TD community. Not for myself"