VOICES IN THE NET : RIP

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:This discography, compilation and design: © 2001-2006 by Michael Berling. Text: © 2001-2006 by Michael Berling, other rights by Peter Stöferle, Rolf Sonnemann, Siegfried Lindhorst, Christian Horn, Kent Eskildsen, and by other authors where indicated. No part of this site may be downloaded, copied or reproduced for commercial use in any form or by any means, including scanning, electronic storage and transmission, without written permission.
I suspect that this has been ignored quite extensively once the archive has been found.
24db

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:This discography, compilation and design: © 2001-2006 by Michael Berling. Text: © 2001-2006 by Michael Berling, other rights by Peter Stöferle, Rolf Sonnemann, Siegfried Lindhorst, Christian Horn, Kent Eskildsen, and by other authors where indicated. No part of this site may be downloaded, copied or reproduced for commercial use in any form or by any means, including scanning, electronic storage and transmission, without written permission.
I suspect that this has been ignored quite extensively once the archive has been found.
no sure I follow
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
no sure I follow
I think it means that the TD community he was allegedly standing up for so vigorously a couple of days ago are now being accused of stealing the work from the archive without obtaining the necessary permissions.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:shock: :o :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:
24db wrote:
rattymouse wrote: I suspect that this has been ignored quite extensively once the archive has been found.
no sure I follow
I think it means that the TD community he was allegedly standing up for so vigorously a couple of days ago are now being accused of stealing the work from the archive without obtaining the necessary permissions.
Hell, doesn't everybody do that on the net? as soon as they invented the 'save as' function I was finding my photos all over the place...I've had to bollock an 'online EM seller' twice for using my photos in their catalogues (they're the same people with a big copyright notice in the same catalogue)...BUT being 100% honest...I'm just as bad, the only difference is that I 'usually' don't try to pass it off as my own. Ethics and the net don't go together. All I'll add is that Michael and the guys who did the original Voices in the Dunes were the people who really did the work (yes, I'm sure loads and loads of fans helped them) but they did all the long hours of work. Personally I would have found it a 'very' dull task indeed (Says the bloke who collects TD press cuttings :D :D).
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:
JD wrote:
24db wrote: no sure I follow
Hell, doesn't everybody do that on the net? as soon as they invented the 'save as' function I was finding my photos all over the place...I've had to bollock an 'online EM seller' twice for using my photos in their catalogues (they're the same people with a big copyright notice in the same catalogue)...BUT being 100% honest...I'm just as bad, the only difference is that I 'usually' don't try to pass it off as my own. Ethics and the net don't go together. All I'll add is that Michael and the guys who did the original Voices in the Dunes were the people who really did the work (yes, I'm sure loads and loads of fans helped them) but they did all the long hours of work. Personally I would have found it a 'very' dull task indeed (Says the bloke who collects TD press cuttings :D :D).
Nicely said. But then again, you are not a pompous A**.
JD

Post by JD »

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:
JD wrote: I think it means that the TD community he was allegedly standing up for so vigorously a couple of days ago are now being accused of stealing the work from the archive without obtaining the necessary permissions.

haha ! now I KNOW you're doing it on purpose . :wink:
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
24db

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:
JD wrote: I think it means that the TD community he was allegedly standing up for so vigorously a couple of days ago are now being accused of stealing the work from the archive without obtaining the necessary permissions.
play nicely!
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote: Hell, doesn't everybody do that on the net? as soon as they invented the 'save as' function I was finding my photos all over the place...I've had to bollock an 'online EM seller' twice for using my photos in their catalogues (they're the same people with a big copyright notice in the same catalogue)...BUT being 100% honest...I'm just as bad, the only difference is that I 'usually' don't try to pass it off as my own. Ethics and the net don't go together. All I'll add is that Michael and the guys who did the original Voices in the Dunes were the people who really did the work (yes, I'm sure loads and loads of fans helped them) but they did all the long hours of work. Personally I would have found it a 'very' dull task indeed (Says the bloke who collects TD press cuttings :D :D).
play nicely!
I've realised he's just trying to wind people up, if he was really that obnoxious, rude, confrontational and constantly super angry in real life he'd need locking up in a padded room, as it is he's just a silly immature little man.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Hmmmm
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
encore

I dream of a TD "web sanctuary"....

Post by encore »

Hi all,

I will probably say something stupid but I wonder what is the opinion of the TD band about all this sad story.

If they appreciated the effort that was done by Mr Berling to make all their discography widely known - I will never thanks him enough for making me learn all the things I know about TD - we (the TD fans I mean) could officially ask them to put all the energy they got (and at least some "compensation" for the VITN authors) to save all the great work that was done and continue to make it freely available to all the TD fan community via their official http://www.tangerinedream-music.com web site...

And this, not only because the official TD discography web page is rather "poorly informative" regarding of all the high quality level of information provided by the VITN web site but perhaps because they do like their fans as much we love the TD band and wants to give us all the best of themeselve possible and not reducing TD fans only as "money providers". (une tirelire)

And above all , this site was a wonderfull "free advertisement" for the TD band. It helped me to buy a lot of albums that I even did not knew the existence before... and not only bootlegs !
You can agreed on that or not but bootlegs are a part of the "TD culture"... thats also a reason why I love them and I collect addictively all I can found about the TD band and its members.

I am a little bit "utopist" but I dream of an officially maintained TD "web sanctuary" - obviously without moderators ;) - where all TD fans could contribute freely... but its only a (Tangerine) dream.

Keep on smiling ;) its only music... but what a music, its all my life !
Cheers, eric.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

A lot of fair points there Eric..welcome to the forum.. :D
24db

Re: I dream of a TD "web sanctuary"....

Post by 24db »

encore wrote:Hi all,

I will probably say something stupid but I wonder what is the opinion of the TD band about all this sad story.

If they appreciated the effort that was done by Mr Berling to make all their discography widely known - I will never thanks him enough for making me learn all the things I know about TD - we (the TD fans I mean) could officially ask them to put all the energy they got (and at least some "compensation" for the VITN authors) to save all the great work that was done and continue to make it freely available to all the TD fan community via their official http://www.tangerinedream-music.com web site...

And this, not only because the official TD discography web page is rather "poorly informative" regarding of all the high quality level of information provided by the VITN web site but perhaps because they do like their fans as much we love the TD band and wants to give us all the best of themeselve possible and not reducing TD fans only as "money providers". (une tirelire)

And above all , this site was a wonderfull "free advertisement" for the TD band. It helped me to buy a lot of albums that I even did not knew the existence before... and not only bootlegs !
You can agreed on that or not but bootlegs are a part of the "TD culture"... thats also a reason why I love them and I collect addictively all I can found about the TD band and its members.

I am a little bit "utopist" but I dream of an officially maintained TD "web sanctuary" - obviously without moderators ;) - where all TD fans could contribute freely... but its only a (Tangerine) dream.

Cheers, eric.
Welcome to the forum Eric. Hmmm I think this will remain a fan produced thing, chances are that somebody from Tadream (the yahoo discussion group) will do this eventually (either as a mirror site or something much smaller), 'provided' they can't get permission from Michael to do it that is.
Janus

Re: I dream of a TD "web sanctuary"....

Post by Janus »

encore wrote:Hi all,

Cheers, eric.
Big welcome to the Forum Eric :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Welcome to the forum Eric :wink: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.