The 40th anniversary; The Results ON LINE NOW!

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

completely agree

now bm is off to play thee music he loves, zeit, for the 666,666 th time
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:completely agree

now bm is off to play thee music he loves, zeit, for the 666,666 th time
you like Zeit? ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

we need to continue thee discussion on zeit, in frankfurt, there are a few points I need to go over :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:we need to continue thee discussion on zeit, in frankfurt, there are a few points I need to go over :arrow:
good grief man ;)...I look forward to it BM...CurryWurst and Krautrock :P
24db

Post by 24db »

I need to find a few words to mark the 40th anniversary tomorrow! ;)

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

40 years. Let us ponder this a while. An immense body of work, that perhaps words cannot do justice. Or, maybe they can. The music of tangerine dream is so so human and mortal, that it has to be honoured, the only way to do this is to listen and enjoy. Edgar, i salute your vision and artistic muse, for me, the bigmoog, dalinian beauty emanates from the music. 40 years, a roadmap to Music.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

It is indeed humbling to reflect that Edgar has been pushing the boundaries of electronic music for four decades and is still going strong. How many other bands can attest to such longevity (OK, the Rolling Stones are still alive and kicking, but who else?)? In one band you have a complete evolution of the synthesizer from simple beeps and bloops to a fully electronic orchestra. And I believe Edgar has only scratched the surface of EM's full musical potential. Here he is, a man in his 60s, still giving concerts (but not in America, hint, hint), and still exploring musical concepts (case in point: The Five Atomic Seasons). Such genius comes along only once or twice in a lifetime, and I for one am glad to have discovered this unique form of music that is Tangerine Dream. I think I'll have a glass of wine tonight and toast Edgar for the many years of musical delight and inspiration he has given me.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rotwang wrote: I think I'll have a glass of wine tonight and toast Edgar for the many years of musical delight and inspiration he has given me.
I'm doing the very same thing, right now!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Hats off to Andy for putting together a vast amount of answers, and in the process giving us this detailed insight into what TD means to us all. Truly facinating reading! Well done to all who contributed.
24db

Post by 24db »

Cheers mate...nice to know that the music still matters to some people. Makes a change from the whinging ;)