Portable Mini Disc Players
19%
Portable Compact Disc Players
25%
Portable Ipod & MP3 Players
56%

Total votes: 16

Laserdisc Dream
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Mini Disc

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Today I just got some thing in my mail it was my package.
I Bought some thing at ebay it new Mini Disc player now I have 2 of then.

MZ-NE410 its Walkman from Sony.

Did You Guys have a Mini Disc Player. :?:

:arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I have a "Hi-fi" minidisc player but I don't ever use it anymore as the sound quality of the compressed format is poor compared to CD.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
DITHMAR

Post by DITHMAR »

Agreed. If you only listen to Britney and other radio-pop, then the Minidisc can be an OK medium, but if you like music with dynamic soundscapes, like TD, then the MD destroys the experience.

//Denn
http://www.dithmar.dk http://www.myspace.com/dennisdithmar

Zodiac Zeit is Gods servant whispering back...
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I recently acquired an MP3 player, and have voted for this. Although I detest the sound quality, the sheer amount of music I can cram on to it and the ease of navigating through it all compensates somewhat.

Also, as I only ever listen to it in the truck or on public transport, it's hardly the perfect acoustic environment anyway.

I tried minidisc once, and remember coming back to my cassette pro-walkman with great relish!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I've put all my TD on my Ipod in Apple lossless format which compresses the tracks with very little quality reduction.
(Ipod is 80Gb/video type, total room taken up with TD 76 gb)

I use it in my car via the radio using a FM transmitter sound quality is pretty good. IMHO
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

The atrac compression system Sony used for the mini-disc wasn't of the best quality, although it got better as time went on (I made a few demo recordings back in the day and the results were tons better than "budget" cassette decks). The mini-disc was also potentially good in cars too.

MP3 can be superb if the source recording is "clean" and the data rate is kept as high as possible and as near to lossless as can be done (TD's downloads are very good indeed even though they're "only" 192Kb/s IMO), but badly done it's PANTS!!!

I voted personal CD, although they're so unweildy these days, when mp3 personals are getting more capacity by the month almost.

Mini-disc, RIP (in Europe anyway).
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

alipaul wrote:I've put all my TD on my Ipod in Apple lossless format which compresses the tracks with very little quality reduction.
(Ipod is 80Gb/video type, total room taken up with TD 76 gb)

I use it in my car via the radio using a FM transmitter sound quality is pretty good. IMHO
Yep, Apple Lossless compression is the ONLY way to go on an iPod.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

You know why I like Mini Disc because These Disc are so easy put thing on album.
CD is okay there fun make then as Collections CD can scratches very easy.
I Collection all CD are my Excellent Conditions no scratches I take care CD albums as possible.
On my portable CD player still Works all right a lot peoples don’t take CD disc more often they just
Scratches up you can’t eve Enjoy listening CD Audio Hear it Skipping that all you hearing.
Frankly I don’t every care about Apple Computer I-pod player a lot people are stealing I-pod player lately.
I Repeat People are stealing I-pod player. :shock:

Note: Sony Mini Disc is still making these Disk here in the USA so far it alive well.
It’s Better start buying all Pack of MD Disk that why what I’m doing. :D :wink:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Its strange how peoples opinions differ. I voted for minidisk as to me it has the best sound quality out of every device I have had. Granted I wasn`t in my TD/E Music period at the time, more rock/indie stuff. They were not good in the sense that there is very little choice on them, most of the time you have to convert your own music to the minidisk.

I have an ipod nano now the 8Gb one. its fantastic in many ways but I do find the sound quality awfull. Not sure if getting some better quality headphones will improve matters but I guess it will a bit.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

mini disc? bilge

mp3? ipods....., especially the new ipod touch

cd: quite acceptable and fairly good sound q

but : vinyl will always forever RULE

you know that bmm is right 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

cantosis wrote:Its strange how peoples opinions differ. I voted for minidisk as to me it has the best sound quality out of every device I have had. Granted I wasn`t in my TD/E Music period at the time, more rock/indie stuff. They were not good in the sense that there is very little choice on them, most of the time you have to convert your own music to the minidisk.

I have an ipod nano now the 8Gb one. its fantastic in many ways but I do find the sound quality awfull. Not sure if getting some better quality headphones will improve matters but I guess it will a bit.
Positively try new headphones. I prefer the ones that I can embed into my eardrums. :-)

The iPod rules. I've got one specifically devoted to all my TD and another for everything else.

There's a great explanation on the Apple website which explains that/how the sound quality is far greater than that of the MP3. (I think it's MP4 quality?) Something they developed that audio research found vastly superior. Not sure quite what the specific term is though.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

cantosis wrote:Its strange how peoples opinions differ. I voted for minidisk as to me it has the best sound quality out of every device I have had. Granted I wasn`t in my TD/E Music period at the time, more rock/indie stuff. They were not good in the sense that there is very little choice on them, most of the time you have to convert your own music to the minidisk.

I found a change of headphones improved matters immensely. I'm not sure how much better the sound is, but they've increased my listening pleasure 100%.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

try the etymotic series of in ear headphones, they massively enhance the ipod experience
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

I've always rated the small Sennheiser ones, such as the PX100...not the best perhaps, but good for those on a smaller budget
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:try the etymotic series of in ear headphones, they massively enhance the ipod experience
And massively dent your bank balance! You're right though, they do sound bloody good.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese