Steve Coogan's Saxondale

Johnny Dreamer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Steve Coogan's Saxondale

Post by Johnny Dreamer »

I'm note sure where to post this so appologies if its in the wrong place.

Did anyone see BBC2's new company Saxondale last night as Steve Coogan mentioned The Mighty Tangs, top stuff.
:D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

"Tangerine Dream was also real, and they had long hair too!

...The wise.....are silent.....
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

I've got to say that I just don't get Steve Coogan or for that matter Ricky Gervais. All of my kids tell me I'm a miserable ole s_o_d and that they are hilarious, but neither of these obviously talented people can get as much as a grin out of me. I caught the last five minutes of Saxondale and the reference to TD but, to be honest, that was about as much as I could have stood.

Extras left me cold, and am I really the only person on the planet who doesn't find Alan Partridge funny?

I'm afraid I'm firmly stuck in the Goon Show and Round the Horne types of humour and much prefer some of the radio comedy that's around. Having said that I'm really looking forward to the new series of The IT crowd, which probably explains a lot about me. That creases me up, though maybe that's because if you've ever worked in IT even some of the more ridiculous situations in the show strike a chord.

Isn't it strange that something as fundamental as humour should vary so much from person to person. Son Adrian and I were talking about this the other day and realised that there was not one single comedy, either in film or TV, that we both liked. If he found it funny, I didn't, and vice versa. Still, it's a good thing I suppose as if we all shared the same taste in everything there'd be nothing to talk about on the forum!!

Viva la difference as some famous person once said.....
Jollyhawker

Re: Steve Coogan's Saxondale

Post by Jollyhawker »

Johnny Dreamer wrote:I'm note sure where to post this so appologies if its in the wrong place.

Did anyone see BBC2's new company Saxondale last night as Steve Coogan mentioned The Mighty Tangs, top stuff.
Yeah man I seen it ! "Tangerine Dream a real band with real hair" Hilarious! :D
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Wolfman wrote:I've got to say that I just don't get Steve Coogan or for that matter Ricky Gervais. All of my kids tell me I'm a miserable ole s_o_d and that they are hilarious, but neither of these obviously talented people can get as much as a grin out of me. I caught the last five minutes of Saxondale and the reference to TD but, to be honest, that was about as much as I could have stood.

Extras left me cold, and am I really the only person on the planet who doesn't find Alan Partridge funny?

I'm afraid I'm firmly stuck in the Goon Show and Round the Horne types of humour and much prefer some of the radio comedy that's around. Having said that I'm really looking forward to the new series of The IT crowd, which probably explains a lot about me. That creases me up, though maybe that's because if you've ever worked in IT even some of the more ridiculous situations in the show strike a chord.

Isn't it strange that something as fundamental as humour should vary so much from person to person. Son Adrian and I were talking about this the other day and realised that there was not one single comedy, either in film or TV, that we both liked. If he found it funny, I didn't, and vice versa. Still, it's a good thing I suppose as if we all shared the same taste in everything there'd be nothing to talk about on the forum!!

You're probably not alone in not liking Alan Partridge John, although I confess, I thought it was excellent and I loved Extras too. However,I am possibly the only person who thinks Only Fools And Horses is bollocks and I don't even consider it comedy. (That's bound to be controversial!).
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Mick Only Fools and Horses was utter tripe. David Jason is way to good to have spent so many years in this shite. My fave comedy is the first two series of Bo Selecta! however the Xmas show before last I wondered how they got away with some of the humour. My wife and I are no prudes but even I was embarassed.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Hobo wrote:
Wolfman wrote:I've got to say that I just don't get Steve Coogan or for that matter Ricky Gervais. All of my kids tell me I'm a miserable ole s_o_d and that they are hilarious, but neither of these obviously talented people can get as much as a grin out of me. I caught the last five minutes of Saxondale and the reference to TD but, to be honest, that was about as much as I could have stood.

You're probably not alone in not liking Alan Partridge John, although I confess, I thought it was excellent and I loved Extras too. However,I am possibly the only person who thinks Only Fools And Horses is bollocks and I don't even consider it comedy. (That's bound to be controversial!).

I actually agree with everything you say. I never got into Only Fools And Horses but love Partridge and Extras. The Office was my favorite though.

Didn`t really get into Saxondale the first time, I missed the first of the second series but might give it a try.

I think Coogan has struggled badly sicne Partridge. Paul Calf and the other stuff he did was funny but most of his movies and recent projects have been poor...be interested to see how the Alan Partridge movie is.

Father Ted was another great show as is The IT Crowd
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:Mick Only Fools and Horses was utter tripe. David Jason is way to good to have spent so many years in this shite. My fave comedy is the first two series of Bo Selecta! however the Xmas show before last I wondered how they got away with some of the humour. My wife and I are no prudes but even I was embarassed.
More of a Still Game man mate? OFAH tripe? :shock: ...each to their own mate. Personally I'm looking forward to series 3 of the Mighty Boosh...and not everyone gets that either
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:Mick Only Fools and Horses was utter tripe. David Jason is way to good to have spent so many years in this shite. My fave comedy is the first two series of Bo Selecta! however the Xmas show before last I wondered how they got away with some of the humour. My wife and I are no prudes but even I was embarassed.
More of a Still Game man mate? OFAH tripe? :shock: ...each to their own mate. Personally I'm looking forward to series 3 of the Mighty Boosh...and not everyone gets that either

never got round to seeing it yet, that Noel Fielding is funny in The IT Crowd though