paying over the odds for music

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

paying over the odds for music

Post by cantosis »

As some of you know I am quite a Global Communication fanatic. I have just come across this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=018

I have been after this for ages, this is the original CD version and pretty much impossible to get, this album is almost on a par with 76:14.......some fans actually prefer it. As I am also trying to get The Keep 97 version...I cant really afford both at this time....finding it hard to decide,I could actually withdrawal my The Keep bid and then hope for the best in Frankfurt .

Hmmmmm decisions decisions
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sod it....If people are prepared to bid over £100 for The Keep(which they normally do) I`ll probably end up without both....I probably want this a bit more as well so I just brought it
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:sod it....If people are prepared to bid over £100 for The Keep(which they normally do) I`ll probably end up without both....I probably want this a bit more as well so I just brought it

Good for you mate,if you are prepared to pay for it you deserve to have it 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

This seller had two that he had been selling, I emailed the guy who brought the other one to see if he wanted to sell, he said he has been after this for 14 years and there was no chance....that had been playing on my mind a bit, I am trying to get everything Global Communication has ever released, as this is the rarest album I am not going to chance it :). £59 seems quite reasonable.

I am very interested to see what price The Keep is going to go for.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:This seller had two that he had been selling, I emailed the guy who brought the other one to see if he wanted to sell, he said he has been after this for 14 years and there was no chance....that had been playing on my mind a bit, I am trying to get everything Global Communication has ever released, as this is the rarest album I am not going to chance it :). £59 seems quite reasonable.

I would say you're mad to pay that amount of money, but I paid £100 for a silver disc the other week, so I better keep it zipped ;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

How much did you pay for that redshift album??? :D

I know you like 76:14.......but have you heard or own Blood Music??

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:This seller had two that he had been selling, I emailed the guy who brought the other one to see if he wanted to sell, he said he has been after this for 14 years and there was no chance....that had been playing on my mind a bit, I am trying to get everything Global Communication has ever released, as this is the rarest album I am not going to chance it :). £59 seems quite reasonable.

I would say you're mad to pay that amount of money, but I paid £100 for a silver disc the other week, so I better keep it zipped ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:How much did you pay for that redshift album??? :D

I know you like 76:14.......but have you heard or own Blood Music??

24db wrote:

er...£12.99 or whatever CDS were asking for it in the 90's. Btw I'm never negative about Redshift, I'm just being as positive as I can (oh and my bank balance loves them ;))...just kidding.

I have some other GC discs....I'll c&p a list on here later mate (none as good as 76 14 or Pentamos IMHO).
I need to send you a recording of Namlooks 'Fires of Ork 2'...that's edging into the same territory as GC on 76 14
24db

Post by 24db »

Matthew, I've got:

Global Communication-76 14 + digipack version (cd x 2)
the groove (cds)
Pentamerous Metamorphosis (cd)
the Theory of Evolution (cd)
76 14 remastered re-issue (cd x 2)

Jedi Knights (Global Communication)-New School Science (cd)
Reload (Global Communication))-a Collection of Short Stories (cd)

there's also some album kicking around starting with R...but I've forgotten what it's called Remonition? something like that (I'm probably a million miles out) :D
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:Matthew, I've got:

Global Communication-76 14 + digipack version (cd x 2)
the groove (cds)
Pentamerous Metamorphosis (cd)
the Theory of Evolution (cd)
76 14 remastered re-issue (cd x 2)

Jedi Knights (Global Communication)-New School Science (cd)
Reload (Global Communication))-a Collection of Short Stories (cd)

there's also some album kicking around starting with R...but I've forgotten what it's called Remonition? something like that (I'm probably a million miles out) :D

Nice little collection there mate. Blood Music is actually Pentamerous Met in a different package and also one or twp of the tracks are very different to Pent Met.

remotion I think your thinking off...its a remix album but very good in my opininion, I listen to it a lot... I can send you copies of the stuff you dont have if you want a listen???
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Auction ended with buy-it-now... I might have been tempted - but still wait for a cheque from my client :-( That's half the cost of going to Frankfurt after all!

I remember shelling out a load for Mu-Ziq's 'Tango n'Vectif', and Boards of Canada's 'Twoism' for them only to be re-released a few months later at a fraction of the price :roll:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:

Yep same here :oops: ive paid 3 figures for two of them :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Yep same here :oops: ive paid 3 figures for two of them :arrow:
I'm blanking out what I spent on the rest of the memorabilia. Sadly (for my credit card) it seems to have kicked me back into the CD buying again (6 so far since friday, plus a mp3 download).
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Dont mention credit cards to me :oops: mine are in a mess :cry: :roll:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

billythefish wrote:Auction ended with buy-it-now... I might have been tempted - but still wait for a cheque from my client :-( That's half the cost of going to Frankfurt after all!

I remember shelling out a load for Mu-Ziq's 'Tango n'Vectif', and Boards of Canada's 'Twoism' for them only to be re-released a few months later at a fraction of the price :roll:
yeh I ended up buying it now. the seller actually has a couple more he is selling(so he told me) so keep an eye out.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
billythefish wrote:Auction ended with buy-it-now... I might have been tempted - but still wait for a cheque from my client :-( That's half the cost of going to Frankfurt after all!

yeh I ended up buying it now. the seller actually has a couple more he is selling(so he told me) so keep an eye out.
Hes going to make a nice little packet then 8)