the record shop is dead....long live the record shop

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:
24db wrote:when was the last time you actually bought a CD in a branch of HMV? :)
Wednesday.. A Joe Bonammasa CD great bluesy guitar .
lol...then you are a happy man, anybody who can find good music in HMV and then afford it, is a gifted geezer IMHO :)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I went into Virgin in Times Square NY last week they had around 6 different TD albums and Neptunes .
That's more than i've seen in any Virgin UK stores
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:I went into Virgin in Times Square NY last week they had around 6 different TD albums and Neptunes .
I have seen quite a few TD albums in Virgin Cardiff,but they are always more expensive than anywhere else :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
alipaul wrote:I went into Virgin in Times Square NY last week they had around 6 different TD albums and Neptunes .
I have seen quite a few TD albums in Virgin Cardiff,but they are always more expensive than anywhere else :arrow:
These were about $20 (about £11) bargain
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Any idea what the TD albums were Darren?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Appart from visiting here and a few other forums. Having the Internet is a god send when it comes to buying music. It can be addictive though as it's so easy to buy a CD with a couple of clicks of the mouse. The good thing is though..when shopping online I at least always buy something I really want. Not like in the local store where I've bought some shite over the years.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:Appart from visiting here and a few other forums. Having the Internet is a god send when it comes to buying music. It can be addictive though as it's so easy to buy a CD with a couple of clicks of the mouse. The good thing is though..when shopping online I at least always buy something I really want. Not like in the local store where I've bought some shite over the years.
Correct there John........Ive often gone to the store and snapped up they 4 for £20 offers and took home some real dross :oops:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

[quote="redziller"]Bought some Beastie Boys last week - not for me you understand, my daughter

Nothing wrong with the Beastie Boys. "Fight For Your Right" and "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" are classic tracks from the 80s. when I was a young nipper growing up in the 80s I liked a bit of hip hop and electro music, those were the good old days when this type of music was new and exciting. Nowadays its all a load of egotistical nonsense.

Actually that has just reminded me how great those electro albums were the in the 80s, me and my friends wanted electro 1 to electro 20 and we used to search high and low in Southampton to try and get them on tape or vinyl...

Those electro albums were a stepping stone for me onto the likes of TD,Vangelis and Jarre.

I wonder if any other TD fans liked them....probably not???
redziller

Post by redziller »

cantosis wrote:
redziller wrote:Bought some Beastie Boys last week - not for me you understand, my daughter
Nothing wrong with the Beastie Boys. "Fight For Your Right" and "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" are classic tracks from the 80s. when I was a young nipper growing up in the 80s I liked a bit of hip hop and electro music, those were the good old days when this type of music was new and exciting. Nowadays its all a load of egotistical nonsense.

Actually that has just reminded me how great those electro albums were the in the 80s, me and my friends wanted electro 1 to electro 20 and we used to search high and low in Southampton to try and get them on tape or vinyl...

Those electro albums were a stepping stone for me onto the likes of TD,Vangelis and Jarre.

I wonder if any other TD fans liked them....probably not???
Would've given them a spin - one was intrumental too - but they were meant to be a birthday present so it seemed wrong to open the shrink-wrap. But rap today? Well I guess there must be some good stuff out there but I couldn't be @r$ed to look for it frankly - I hear enough on the bus. Funny how now that synths are mainstream their presence in popular music is probably no longer a gateway to the em artists[/quote]
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Further to the FOPP posts in the Music thread, I thought I should just give a heads up here: The former Reckless Records shop in Berwick street has re-opened as 'Revival Records'.... good luck to them.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:Further to the FOPP posts in the Music thread, I thought I should just give a heads up here: The former Reckless Records shop in Berwick street has re-opened as 'Revival Records'.... good luck to them.
cheers Stephen...nice one
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

billythefish wrote:Further to the FOPP posts in the Music thread, I thought I should just give a heads up here: The former Reckless Records shop in Berwick street has re-opened as 'Revival Records'.... good luck to them.
Reckless Records is also in Chicago, right by my house in fact!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

rattymouse wrote:
I wonder if they got any TD :arrow:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
I wonder if they got any TD :arrow:
Search their catalogue online at www.reckless.com
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Well at least they got 5 CDs in stock,got to be better than nothing at all 8)