TD CHARITY MEMORABILIA RAFFLE part 2: August-September 2007

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

I'm tempted to do this raffle as just one BIG prize.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I'm tempted to do this raffle as just one BIG prize.
With 50+ people at the venue would'nt it be a good idea to split it into 3 or five prizes :idea: :idea: then everyone is in with a decent shout.....If you want me to try and sell more tickets on the day i will do it no problem.....its all extra for charity and im sure there will be people there more than happy to purchase.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
With 50+ people at the venue would'nt it be a good idea to split it into 3 or five prizes :idea: :idea: then everyone is in with a decent shout.....If you want me to try and sell more tickets on the day i will do it no problem.....its all extra for charity and im sure there will be people there more than happy to purchase.
I agree mate :) thanks for the suggestion
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I agree mate :) thanks for the suggestion
Dont forget,if you want someone to sell tickets i'll help you :wink: Saying that an announcement in the pub might just be enough :idea:
24db

Post by 24db »

lol...one things for sure, it'll be less pain in the arse than the last one
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:lol...one things for sure, it'll be less pain in the arse than the last one
Last one was fine at the pub mate,you got all the hassle sending it all off :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:lol...one things for sure, it'll be less pain in the arse than the last one
Last one was fine at the pub mate,you got all the hassle sending it all off :arrow:
Well I swapped two discs by mistake, so that David's (Ugh...sorry David it always seems to be you mate) went to a guy in Texas...and visa versa (so they had to swap!). Having this during the postal strike didn't help...I'm afraid to ask about some of the larger items in case they never got them...bloody post office :). I also had to dig deep to pay for postal costs (although I should add somebody was very kind enough to pay something towards them and Stephen helped with the packaging) and I absorbed ALL of the Paypal costs...I mean it wasn't really a problem, as I saw it as my donation to charity, it just adds up a bit. Anyway a few weeks back Big Moogs stuff get's returned to me as he was on holiday (so...I'll hand deliver these to BM on a purple Yack!).

I should add that it was well worth running it and some people got some nice little prizes.

Anyway, the next one will be cheap as chips as they're all small items. However I do need to get Jeffrey to mail me his side of the prizes
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Excellent work on your behalf for very worthwhile causes,im sure we will be able to rustle up plenty of interest and extra funds in Frankfurt :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Excellent work on your behalf for very worthwhile causes,im sure we will be able to rustle up plenty of interest and extra funds in Frankfurt :wink:
Cheers, to be honest most of the problems were just down to me :)...organisation has never been a strong point :)

I'd like the charity draw to be an annual thing..if possible
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Excellent work on your behalf for very worthwhile causes,im sure we will be able to rustle up plenty of interest and extra funds in Frankfurt :wink:
Cheers, to be honest most of the problems were just down to me :)...organisation has never been a strong point :)

Sounds an excellent idea to me :arrow: Maybe date it for mid July every year :idea:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Sounds an excellent idea to me :arrow: Maybe date it for mid July every year :idea:
Yep, or perhaps we could be flexible and move to a fan meet up?, like (fingers crossed) Ireland next year. Failing that we could always do it pre concert (if we get any concerts next year....cue bm! ;)) or at a London meet up, perhaps at Chris's place if he agreed
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris's boudoir would be a great idea( Chris permitting),only thing is we would probably be to sozzled to draw the tickets :mrgreen:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Chris's boudoir would be a great idea( Chris permitting),only thing is we would probably be to sozzled to draw the tickets :mrgreen:
Right tell you what...we get them p****d and then we convince them we did the draw and then we go 50:50 with the prizes? unethical? :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw I wonder if Graham got his poster framed? we should ask for photos :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Btw I wonder if Graham got his poster framed? we should ask for photos :)
Not heard off him since,perhaps he's flogged it :wink: :wink: