FOPP R.I.P.

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

FOPP R.I.P.

Post by bigmoog »

...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

yeh its a shame but this is going to happen more and more, you can buy stuff cheaper on the net now and most places do free delivery.

still a shame though
24db

Re: FOPP R.I.P.

Post by 24db »

I heard about this on tuesday...they'll be a blood bath on the high street and hmv will be the next
timer

Post by timer »

This is a real shame, and only hammers another nail into the coffin for CD retaillers, I wouldn't have been surpirsed at this if they were selling CDs at HMV prices (£14 + when i visited Cribbs Causeway Bristol last week), but they had the decency to sell at realistic prices for the public, but maybe unrealistic to keep them going !. Perhaps a result of there own success ! :cry:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Their website stopped selling last week :cry: Sad to see this happen,they were always decent value :(
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Eff me..say no more. I see their employees might not even get paid for the last month they worked . It was a great shop and I always went there in Glasgow & Edinburgh. :cry:
Janus

Post by Janus »

Yours truely here should really keep up with the press a bit more. After having my first free saturday to myself yesterday in months I deceided to go to Fopp in Tottenham Court Road via a tour of the CD shops in know from Leceister Square. The signs weren't good when I got out of the staion I was confronted with thousands of "dorothys friends", oh yes yours truely had also picked the one day of the year that a Gay pride meet was on!!!!
Heavens opens up but made way to Fopp regardless to find closed and could just make out the TD section through the now darkened void, I spent ten minutes drooling at the window before checking Virgin and HMV out in disgust. Village People CD's were very well priced though I must say :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :wink: :arrow:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Probably explains why i can't find any stores now :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Bugger... they weren't around for long were they? What a shame.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

MVC is another chain that folded a couple of years back. They weren't as cheap as Fopp but stocked better music than HMV or Virgin.
24db

Post by 24db »

You know things are over when they take the website down and just leave a couple of lines behind...sniff!

It is with great regret that we announce the closure of Fopp.

Our store chain is profitable, well regarded and loved by our loyal customers and staff. However we have failed to gain the necessary support from major stakeholders, suppliers and their credit insurers to generate sufficient working capital to run our expanding business.

We would like to thank staff and customers for their support over the past 25 years.

Any outstanding website orders have now been cancelled and will not be fulfilled or charged.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:cry:

Such a shame.....and berwick street is looking tumbleweed central....no reckless...etc

Fopp should never have over reached themselves buying up more stores than cash flow allowed.....

soon all music will be download only....except for vinyl :D
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote::cry:

Such a shame.....and berwick street is looking tumbleweed central....no reckless...etc

Fopp should never have over reached themselves buying up more stores than cash flow allowed.....

the manager of Sisteray recons they won't last much longer if things don't change either :(

couple of years back there were about 7 record shops in that street
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote::cry:

the manager of Sisteray recons they won't last much longer if things don't change either :(

couple of years back there were about 7 record shops in that street
perhaps sisterray taking over selectadisc was going too far

i foresee a time when all bands release music like TD via their own sites
Janus

Post by Janus »

Just by way of a bit of an update on Fopp disaster. The receivers have announced that all of Fopps branches are to be offered for sale individually around the UK in addition all of Fopps store managers are to be kept on at the sites themselves.
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same