Record shops

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Pertou »

Next time TD plays in Berlin, I can recommend SATURN on Alexander Square :wink: and a big second hand shop with LP's and CD's called COVER, just near the Gedächtsnis-Kirche. In the ladder I found Heartbreakers and Firestarter on vinyl, plus Nebulous Dawn.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

HMV and Virgin here in Cardiff to stock quite a bit of TD but not near enough for a big high street concern :x
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

A side note: HMV had a terrible Christmas this year (A loss of £26.1m), even though they are selling approx the same amount of records they did last year.
I was listening to a business show on the radio the other morning, and during it the owner of Sisterray (an independent record shop in London) rang up or emailed in. He predicts a 'blood-bath' on the high street, with several shops (including his I guess) going to the wall. So, enjoy them whilst you can, and support your local record store!
Last edited by 24db on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

There used to be a second hand CD shop in Ealing, nearly opposite the Town Hall (certaily in the vicinity) I think, with collections of all sorts of music. Haven't been there for a few years though......

Downloads seem to be the way to go (who cares about fidelity on something ephemeral like a single...)

I suspect in time we'll have full fidelity downloads available as most of us take up high speed broadband.

Amazing though that most want millions of tracks on an MP 3 style player when the technology is there to make almost flawless truly Hi-res recordings nowadays......

P.S. A mate transferred all his music collection (LP and CD) to a server in his loft and uses a "Squeezbox" - the latest best version - to play his music through his (very top end) "active" monitors. He claims superb sound.............
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

DSJR wrote:There used to be a second hand CD shop in Ealing, nearly opposite the Town Hall (certaily in the vicinity) I think, with collections of all sorts of music. Haven't been there for a few years though......

Downloads seem to be the way to go (who cares about fidelity on something ephemeral like a single...)

I suspect in time we'll have full fidelity downloads available as most of us take up high speed broadband.

Amazing though that most want millions of tracks on an MP 3 style player when the technology is there to make almost flawless truly Hi-res recordings nowadays......

P.S. A mate transferred all his music collection (LP and CD) to a server in his loft and uses a "Squeezbox" - the latest best version - to play his music through his (very top end) "active" monitors. He claims superb sound.............
What is a squeezebox? :roll:

Isn't it amazing that earphones are so much more popular than headphones and that most people prefer to have 1000s of tracks when they're on the move rather than a much better quality of sound on a personal compact disk player?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
DSJR wrote:There used to be a second hand CD shop in Ealing, nearly opposite the Town Hall (certaily in the vicinity) I think, with collections of all sorts of music. Haven't been there for a few years though......

I agree there Jason My Sony Personal CD will play MP3's but I hate making up a disc full as it takes ages.

Isn't it amazing that earphones are so much more popular than headphones and that most people prefer to have 1000s of tracks when they're on the move rather than a much better quality of sound on a personal compact disk player?
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

sparrow wrote: I agree there Jason My Sony Personal CD will play MP3's but I hate making up a disc full as it takes ages.
Yes John, I like to choose the CDS that suit my mood before I go out.... easy to do. 8)
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Desert_Voyager wrote:

As I understand it--- A Squeezebox is a small interface/dig: decoder/pre-amp made by Slim Devices that interacts network style with a server elsewhere in the house (my mate's loft...). Its fidelity is very good and he now has a new model with "pro" balanced outputs, which suit his speakers even better...

I can't get on with earphones at all. Headphones that either sit snuggly or surround my ears completely are my preference...(better bass for those growly deep Moog notes)...

Currently playing - Ulrich Schnauss AGAIN!
Abencejodickup

Post by Abencejodickup »

Abencejodickup

Post by Abencejodickup »

Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Abencejodickup wrote:yeaaah ;)
http://jennifer-aniston-rides-on-cock.i ... ebs/624623
regards, Abencejodickup
Not even in the right thread! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
regards, Abencejodickup
ah spam, I just wish we had more, I know I personally respond to each and every one and thank each person for their lovely and selfless emails that improve my life. Parasites!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

regards, Abencejodickup
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

can i just say: there aint no spammers on my forum :arrow:

i abso lute lee DETEST these verminous pondlife

spammers FUCH off puh leeze or email the bm so i can email you back via HELL :evil: :evil: :evil:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
regards, Abencejodickup
ah spam, I just wish we had more, I know I personally respond to each and every one and thank each person for their lovely and selfless emails that improve my life. Parasites!
ROFL.
Got a garage full of sunshine and flower enlargements myself. I see it as charitable work. Just feel I ought to open a Barclays account so that all those poor emailers telling me I've got to re-register my account details don't feel left out.