Record shops

Birdnest
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Birdnest »

<spam ... winners!!!>

We've got an old-school hippie-esque, head shop like indy record store in the Big City (Missoula) ... lucky us :D

Its split into three stores - one with CD's, DVD's, assorted knick-knacks - another store with vinyl - used and new - and another store with posters, cards, more knick-knacks.

They generally carry 5 or 6 selections from TD, and can get anything that currently exists.

Screw the big corporate pop pushers record stores ... suport your local indy!
Reality is an opinion
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Birdnest wrote:
Screw the big corporate pop pushers record stores ... suport your local indy!
I would if we had one. My friend owned and ran the local store for many years, but shop rent and dwindling business have forced him underground. He now deals mainly in second hand vinyl/cd and does most of his business online.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

When you guys follow TD to states, make sure you stop at this fine store in Minneapolis!

http://www.cheapodiscs.com/mn.htm

8)
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:A side note: HMV had a terrible Christmas this year (A loss of £26.1m), even though they are selling approx the same amount of records they did last year.
I was listening to a business show on the radio the other morning, and during it the owner of Sisterray (an independent record shop in London) rang up or emailed in. He predicts a 'blood-bath' on the high street, with several shops (including his I guess) going to the wall. So, enjoy them whilst you can, and support your local record store!
Prophetic word indeed Andy:
Reckless Records have shut their doors for the last time this week. I understand that they will keep the online section going, but after recent rent increases, they have had enough and are pulling their remaining two shops...

A sad passing of a piece of Soho history.
:evil:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:A side note: HMV had a terrible Christmas this year (A loss of £26.1m), even though they are selling approx the same amount of records they did last year.
I was listening to a business show on the radio the other morning, and during it the owner of Sisterray (an independent record shop in London) rang up or emailed in. He predicts a 'blood-bath' on the high street, with several shops (including his I guess) going to the wall. So, enjoy them whilst you can, and support your local record store!
Reckless Records have shut their doors for the last time this week. I understand that they will keep the online section going, but after recent rent increases, they have had enough and are pulling their remaining two shops...

No??? really? that's a real shame...I've spent far too much money in those two shops in Berwick street, hopefully Sisteray will keep going
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:

No??? really? that's a real shame...I've spent far too much money in those two shops in Berwick street, hopefully Sisteray will keep going
Yep - according to a mailshot I got from 'If music' last Friday. I've not been into town to check it out for myself though. Perhaps someone who lives or works nearby can confirm? Peter?

I agree with you about spending money there. A substantial part of my record collection comes from those shops.
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
billythefish wrote: Prophetic word indeed Andy:

Yep - according to a mailshot I got from 'If music' last Friday. I've not been into town to check it out for myself though. Perhaps someone who lives or works nearby can confirm? Peter?

I agree with you about spending money there. A substantial part of my record collection comes from those shops.
If I remember tomorrow I'll checkout it out (I'm in town taking some photos).
Here's yet another famous shop that's now closed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24db/12797409/
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
24db wrote: No??? really? that's a real shame...I've spent far too much money in those two shops in Berwick street, hopefully Sisteray will keep going

Sad indeed - some nice picture there BTW!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
billythefish wrote: Yep - according to a mailshot I got from 'If music' last Friday. I've not been into town to check it out for myself though. Perhaps someone who lives or works nearby can confirm? Peter?

Sad indeed - some nice picture there BTW!
Cheers, lots of not good as well...hence I need to take some new ones :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24db/sets/1164326/
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Shopping for CD Huh Well I Some Time I Shop at Tower dot com This is last time I’m not goanna Shop There again because They Take so Long 20 Days sent it on Slow Media Mail I Cancelled my order I Report it Lost so Free CD & DVD Disc I was Very Upset :x anyway very Happy.
Also some time Shop at BMG Music 12 CD for Free Cool Huh.
I Shop HMV at Japan I First Bought Madcap’s Flaming Duty Over There in Japan. :D

And I at Shop Moonpop & Groove Unlimited.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢