Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...)
 Post subject: Re: December Playlist
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:31 pm 

redziller wrote:
So. I'm currently returning to Inferno (CD not DVD). A release I had initially not been impressed by. I was similarly ambivalent after RFH & Purgatorio but listening to the CD forced me to revise my opinion. So as my blessed daughter's giving me Paradisio on Monday (some commercial festival) I return to Inferno.

I think I had given it three auditions when it came out and couldn't penetrate the structure. So this time I've not even tried - just had it on and it's just like how I dealt with Zeit when it came out. Not a comparison one readily makes, but Zeit was a shock after hearing just Phaedra on though I've grown to adore it.

I've listened to Inferno quite a few times on cd and always found that it captures my imagination and that some is moving, aswell. I quite loved some of it since I bought it so I'm looking forward to getting the Inferno DVD (aswell as Jerome's Neptunes) and the videos of Inferno on this site looks really good. There is some beautiful singing and ballads, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:18 pm 
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Echosnare wrote:
Here's an idea:

Instead of a 400+ page thread on our current listening, how about we take it month to month?

It'll be much more manageable & readable.

OK, here goes...

Tonight, it's TD Plays... Metaphor, & Murray Gold - Doctor Who OTS.

Good idea, although and I'm going out on a limb, how about we don't have one at all, or at least just a I'm listening to A B C? rather we add a few comments on why we like it, or some news on the disc, or a review, just something so like you said mate, it's not just 400 pages of lists.

Like the monthly idea. However, I think members should be free to post as they please. Sometimes an album name and an emoticon is enough and I am easily turned off by lengthy posts (better stop here then!).

I do believe that this idea was previously suggested by the webmaster of a forum you are a moderator on......... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:09 pm 

Echosnare wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Echosnare wrote:
Here's an idea:

Instead of a 400+ page thread on our current listening, how about we take it month to month?

It'll be much more manageable & readable.

OK, here goes...

Tonight, it's TD Plays... Metaphor, & Murray Gold - Doctor Who OTS.

Good idea, although and I'm going out on a limb, how about we don't have one at all, or at least just a I'm listening to A B C? rather we add a few comments on why we like it, or some news on the disc, or a review, just something so like you said mate, it's not just 400 pages of lists.

Like the monthly idea. However, I think members should be free to post as they please. Sometimes an album name and an emoticon is enough and I am easily turned off by lengthy posts (better stop here then!).

I do believe that this idea was previously suggested by the webmaster of a forum you are a moderator on......... :wink:

the only thing is, can you remember what you listened to for a month?, besides it could be a very long list

Post subject: December playlist
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:33 pm 

Hey I would like a sample played here possibly in January from Mad Cap's Flaming Duty & some more unreleased stuff from way back. I totally enjoy the present stuff on the Jukebox after listening for quite a while on the old site . that version of Sphinx red Lightening is pretty amazing real catchy :!: also like to see the diverse selection from other albums Blue Dawn ,Great Wall of China & TD plays TD.....

Thank you all @ Eastgate & TDI for this latest selection

:D :D :!: 8) :arrow: Geoff

ElectroCelt@myspace.com
http://indielite.com/ElectroCelt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:10 pm 

My tuppence worth:
What's wrong with a quick 'np' (now playing) at the end of whatever post you've just submitted? Many do this on the Tadream list.

Then we can reserve this thread for the more indepth insights.

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...) All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] 

Jump to: