For 24db

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

For 24db

Post by cantosis »

I know your also a fan of 76:14 was wondering if you have seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoZW758gxXA
24db

Re: For 24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I know your also a fan of 76:14 was wondering if you have seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoZW758gxXA
Cheers, it's new to me :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thats well cool,really excellent 8) :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw I've always wondered if Global Communication's 76 14 actually is influenced by TD (hacks always describe it as re-mix or re-imagining of Risky Business), or whether it's more a case of Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians. Did GC ever get interviewed, can anybody shed any light on this?
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:Btw I've always wondered if Global Communication's 76 14 actually is influenced by TD (hacks always describe it as re-mix or re-imagining of Risky Business), or whether it's more a case of Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians. Did GC ever get interviewed, can anybody shed any light on this?

Well there is definately some Love On A Real Train on one of the tracks. When I first heard the albums in about 97 I remember reading an interview when someone asked were you influnced by TD. Their answer was something like "well if you make electronic based music its impossible not to be influnced by them, and we wanted to pay homage to them with that track".

However being on toms and mark myspace friend list bit surprised that TD are not mentioned as their influences.. :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:Btw I've always wondered if Global Communication's 76 14 actually is influenced by TD (hacks always describe it as re-mix or re-imagining of Risky Business), or whether it's more a case of Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians. Did GC ever get interviewed, can anybody shed any light on this?

Well there is definately some Love On A Real Train on one of the tracks. When I first heard the albums in about 97 I remember reading an interview when someone asked were you influnced by TD. Their answer was something like "well if you make electronic based music its impossible not to be influnced by them, and we wanted to pay homage to them with that track".

However being on toms and mark myspace friend list bit surprised that TD are not mentioned as their influences.. :roll:
Cheer Matthew :)

I'd guess they're not trendy enough to name drop these days. A bit like Ritchie Hawtin, he used to mention TD all the time, but not anymore.

It would be interesting to read the 'full' story behind RB and Steve Reich (I've read Steve's version of the truth).
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:

I'd guess they're not trendy enough to name drop these days. A bit like Ritchie Hawtin, he used to mention TD all the time, but not anymore.

It would be interesting to read the 'full' story behind RB and Steve Reich (I've read Steve's version of the truth).

Just looking at Marks page again he has Kraftwerk and Art of Noise as influences but not TD......bit strange.....wouldn`t think it wes cool to say you like Art Of Noise ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:

Just looking at Marks page again he has Kraftwerk and Art of Noise as influences but not TD......bit strange.....wouldn`t think it wes cool to say you like Art Of Noise ;)
lol...strangely enough TD were an influence on AON and you can't get Paul Morley to stop mentioning them ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Paul Morley :shock: Theres a blast from the past :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

He often mentions TD on various radio programmes
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:He often mentions TD on various radio programmes
Nice to hear it,there should be more of that going on :arrow: