Vangelis

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

I thought it was an old photo of Jerry Garcia :wink: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Bladerunner 3CD set landed in the household tonight, have now played all three discs - my initial opinion is a masterpiece long overdue.

Disc 3 sounds fresh , but definately, eerily Bladerunner. The second track Up and Running is worth buying this set for alone, if you liked the original 1994 version.

What a way to start the xmas build up, next the Eastgate package 8)
Last edited by timer on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I waiting for the Store too released of Blade Runner Soundtrack in Store yet for Domestic CD.
I Doubt it they don’t have it my best luck I’ll try on Amazon dot com.
That well be my Christmas present’s and DVD & Blu-ray too.

P.S. I’ll look forward for this soundtrack on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. :D

:!: :arrow:
JD

Post by JD »

So I finally got this today ....Classic !! ..Vangelis is untouchable when he puts his mind to it. Hear ye sad clowns and doubters , Vangelis is GOD !!!
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
timer

Post by timer »

Another Vangelis release El Greco OST is now available from C & D services.

A completely new work not associated with the early V release EL Greco !.

This could be very interesting having heard the new recordings on the Bladerunner Trilogy CDs :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Might have to get the BR discs now :)...although i'd prefer some 'good' remasters of the old stuff...then again I own of that anyway ;)
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

timer wrote:Another Vangelis release El Greco OST is now available from C & D services.

A completely new work not associated with the early V release EL Greco !.

This could be very interesting having heard the new recordings on the Bladerunner Trilogy CDs :)
Could you please include the link to C&D, Timer?
Thanks!
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:Might have to get the BR discs now :)...although i'd prefer some 'good' remasters of the old stuff...then again I own of that anyway ;)

Ive held off buying Vangelis's back catalogue in the hope of some remastering, although I did get Direct as its such a cool CD.
Albedo, SPiral & China would be fantastic remastered.

Andy - if you liked the original BR score- the trilogy is a must mate, the second disc has been mainly covered by the poor booties, but to hear it as it has been done is an absolute gem. Plus there's a couple of newies on it.

The third disc !!!!! - I had this on a loop yesterday absolutely mindblowing - for 25yrs after the event. :)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:Might have to get the BR discs now :)...although i'd prefer some 'good' remasters of the old stuff...then again I own of that anyway ;)

Ive held off buying Vangelis's back catalogue in the hope of some remastering, although I did get Direct as its such a cool CD.

Andy - if you liked the original BR score- the trilogy is a must mate, the second disc has been mainly covered by the poor booties, but to hear it as it has been done is an absolute gem. Plus there's a couple of newies on it.

The third disc !!!!! - I had this on a loop yesterday absolutely mindblowing - for 25yrs after the event. :)
cheers Tim, one for after Christmas I think. I agree about your choices for remasters, although I'd add Soil Festivities, and quite a few of the earlier albums (not they sound bad or anything). Albedo 0.39 had a Japanese release several years back and the sound to 'my ears' is slightly better than the standard release.
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:

cheers Tim, one for after Christmas I think. I agree about your choices for remasters, although I'd add Soil Festivities, and quite a few of the earlier albums (not they sound bad or anything). Albedo 0.39 had a Japanese release several years back and the sound to 'my ears' is slightly better than the standard release.
I not missing out ANY V release if it's remastered - I too like Soil Festivities, just the three I pointed out seem to be the obvious ones.

Chariots of fire had a god remastering job done on it this year. But they could have included the missing tracks ! :(

Think there's only 2 V cds that have left me a bit confused - Invisible Connections & Beauborg
24db

Post by 24db »

I will add....provided they're 'good' remasters...the first batch of KS discs put me right of remasters (I don't want new errors on old CDs or the dynamics crushed out of them, purely to make them louder!)
timer

Post by timer »

Thats a real shame Andy, our drummer has worked in the remastering business for the past 20 years and what he can do with old tapes is truelly remarkable !.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

24db wrote:I will add....provided they're 'good' remasters...the first batch of KS discs put me right of remasters (I don't want new errors on old CDs or the dynamics crushed out of them, purely to make them louder!)
I was disgusted by revisited records over this all in all I sent Mirage, X & en=Trance straight back to Germany. According to KS all these reissues aren't actually remasters. They are advertised by companies as such but appart from a couple obviously being too loud all the others are not remastered ans sound the same as the already pretty good sounding originals. I only bought them for the bonus tracks and because I'm a KS fanboy :wink:
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Pertou wrote:
Laserdisc Dream wrote:Here Photo of Vangelis. :D

EI Greco Premiere at Pallas Theater.

He looks like a hobo....

(sorry Mick)

:P :D :wink: :P
I was thinking more festive than that......

Imagine him with a Santa suit on..... :lol:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I’ll be receiver my Copy of Blade Runner by tomorrow. :D