Vangelis

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:Have to agree Andy about V's later output, not my cup of tea, Im just hoping for remasters of earth, Albedo, Spiral, China, See you later etc.
I decent re-master of any of those would make me reach for my creditcard...brilliant stuff!
Well overdue for re-mastering me thinks :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Janus

Post by Janus »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:Have to agree Andy about V's later output, not my cup of tea, Im just hoping for remasters of earth, Albedo, Spiral, China, See you later etc.
I decent re-master of any of those would make me reach for my creditcard...brilliant stuff!
I'm in agreement on the early stuff as well it's timeless. Also La Fete Sauvage, the Rossif collaborations I still have time for. Not forgetting his first as such solo album "Earth" (but you have to be an old hippy like me to get into that one :wink: )
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
batman

Post by batman »

-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

I'm an old hippy at 57, I would venture to say, and I have Earth, La Fete Savuage.......oops spelled that wrong.........see age has taken it's toll

Stephen
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I love vangelis, but am saddened by the less 'synthy' approach on his his most recent works. I loved 'Voices' and 'Oceanic' though!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

timer wrote:Personal Favourite's are :
Bladerunner,
Spiral,
Albedo,
See you Later,
China,
HEaven & Hell,
Ignacio,
Direct,
Oceanic.
Good to see someone else has mentioned See You later, probably V's most overlooked album but one of my favourites too!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Froesesque wrote:
Bladerunner,
Spiral,
Albedo,
See you Later,
China,
HEaven & Hell,
Ignacio,
Direct,
Oceanic.
Good to see someone else has mentioned See You later, probably V's most overlooked album but one of my favourites too!
I like that one too!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Hobo wrote:
Froesesque wrote:
Bladerunner,
Spiral,
Albedo,
See you Later,
China,
HEaven & Hell,
Ignacio,
Direct,
Oceanic.
I like that one too!
No Soil Festivities? (my own fave)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

The Only thing the soundtrack always like it Blade Runner great Music & my mother Does not like soundtrack too Antarctica I we Watch it
It makes her really depressing Movie I thought myself I kind like it ever time I put on CD for Antarctica she said please turn it off or turn it down I Like music it good.

I see it some movie a lot people did not see it.
It’s a great movie buy it. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Bladerunner..........neat flick

Soil Festivities.........yup!!

See you Later.........yes overlooked
Janus

Post by Janus »

staatsgrenze wrote:I'm an old hippy at 57, I would venture to say, and I have Earth, La Fete Savuage.......oops spelled that wrong.........see age has taken it's toll

Stephen
:lol: Join the club. Regarding La Fete Sauvage and for that matter the other classic Rossif/Vangelis collaboration on film works, it's just a real shame that these films died away and so many have never seen them. I was fortunate enough to have seen these, in fact La Fete Sauvage was in the final stages of post productions when I first went to Nemo Studios in the 70's. I made a very serious attempt two years ago when I was based at Paramount Pictures and tried getting certain exec's to take on board and re-release the films. I actually located the whereabouts of the original master cans of films for La Fete Sauvage, they're in a basment of an old film ofice in Paris. Criminal!. Anyway to cut a very long story short I couldn't raise the interest enough of anyone to save this wild-life documentary classic, and sadly it's more than likely corroded away by now :cry:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Read this.

The upcoming Blade Runner release...
Although final confirmation has yet to come in on this, fans will be glad to hear rumors within the music industry are buzzing frantically about Vangelis' upcoming Blade Runner related release.
It was late in June when word first broke Vangelis had been composing music for a new album related to Blade Runner, but it wasn't yet clear in which way this would be released. Here finally are some details, according to some very excited insiders.
The new release will be a deluxe set, commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Blade Runner movie. Described as a three CD package titled "Blade Runner Trilogy", the set is said to start with the Blade Runner soundtrack as we know it from the official 1994 release. The second disk would present both music from the film not previously released on LP or CD (the notorious bootlegs excepted), as well as music made for the movie at the time, which was neither used nor released in any shape or form. Finally, the third disk would be Vangelis' expected new album, inspired by and thematically linked to Blade Runner.
Personally, I think a lot of people were dreaming about unreleased music from the film finally appearing on CD, while others dreamt of Vangelis returning to the dark melancholic moods played on synthesizers that peeked on the popular Blade Runner soundtrack, by creating new music in the same vein, but I've never heard anyone who dared to openly dream about both of these at the same time... With early word being strongly positive about the results, this could be the answer to what literally everyone has been longing for.
Confirmation and more details expected soon... Expectations are that "Blade Runner Trilogy" will be released in December. Time to start writing those Christmas wish lists...

:?: :D :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

Nice post !.

Can't wait for this if it happens ! 8)
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

timer wrote:Nice post !.

I just saw the re-released version of Blade Runner in the theatre this weekend. What an AWESOME film! I wish TD could have scored a top rate movie like that. It is bewildering to me that they never did.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

rattymouse wrote:
timer wrote:Nice post !.

I just saw the re-released version of Blade Runner in the theatre this weekend. What an AWESOME film! I wish TD could have scored a top rate movie like that. It is bewildering to me that they never did.
I like Blade Runner on VHS. It is one of the most famous sci-fi movies. I really do feel that Near Dark is nearly a top rate movie although there are no famous actors in it..... and Firestarter is a famous movie, although I wouldn't care to see it again.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”