Vangelis

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I love this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNOs9Ss_HnU
Expensive taste in jam! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

How about this collaboration from 1982

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fND-Q8w_ ... ed&search=
Janus

Post by Janus »

staatsgrenze wrote:How about this collaboration from 1982

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fND-Q8w_ ... ed&search=
Yes remember this. Nice piece from Spanish programme, the late great. Musical Express from what I remember.This session was eventually released as a CD. Last year an episode of this vintage series was re-run (one on Klaus Schultze). Dont make them like this anymore unfortunately!
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

It sounds it like a good music from Vangelis. :wink: :arrow:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Oh yes I for got too tell you guy’s that I have all Antarctica Movies collections all on DVD even includes from a Rare VHS Tape I Copy it on this the DVD-R Disk. :wink:

I also Have this too with English Subtitles also DTS Surround sound too hear good quality sound. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
Janus

Post by Janus »

The original Japenesse film is wonderful IMHO and sadly never got that much exposure or very little here at the time. Walt Disney (Buena Vista)
deceided a couple of years ago to remake their own version of this classic true story (of course minus Vangelis' music).
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

The inpromptu session with Neuronium featuring Carlos Guirao and Michael Huygen was a sequencer smorgasboard of sound sampling that could be best described as heaven on a synth.........Vangelis really shines here, if I'm not mistaken Michael released this without permission from Nemo Studios and has been the subject of controversy for sometime

I still want this on CD, and Mythodea as well

http://www.myspace.com/onandstopped

Cheers
Stephen
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

staatsgrenze wrote:The inpromptu session with Neuronium featuring Carlos Guirao and Michael Huygen was a sequencer smorgasboard of sound sampling that could be best described as heaven on a synth.........Vangelis really shines here, if I'm not mistaken Michael released this without permission from Nemo Studios and has been the subject of controversy for sometime

I still want this on CD, and Mythodea as well

http://www.myspace.com/onandstopped

Cheers
Stephen
Hey Stephen,

If you're able, both of these releases are avail on iTunes. (That's where I got my copy of "Live in London.")
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Thanks Beauborg.........I'll do that

Cheers
stephen
24db

Post by 24db »

Vangelis...an amazing talent...Vang, what happened mate?
Janus

Post by Janus »

24db wrote:Vangelis...an amazing talent...Vang, what happened mate?
Don't know as if anything ever actually happened as such Andy, he was never into the live performance stuff I know when he went solo, and we're talking late 70's now even after he in affect went solo. He'd at that stage done the stadium/tour stuff everywhere with Aphrodites Child (Demis & Co.) for quite a number of years and think had enough of it, and was never enamoured by the commercial spotlight (still to this day), genius that he was and still is IMHO. By taking the solo path at this stage and going down the solo artist route I know he was never comfortable with the "live" presentation of these LIVE events/concerts, nine times out of ten the requirement (in those days) of having a set amount of albums you needed to produce for the label that had signed you. If nothing else the technology was never there to do what he wanted to achieve and reproduce what he'd essentially done on his own studiowise to then create in a live environment, Vanglelis was/is a perfectionist. His first ground breaking solo gig at the Royal Abert Hall the "Heaven & Hell" promotional concert, for me was probably the best of the lot. It worked for him on that occassion,and was a classic, due to the fact he could play off everyone from the full Orchestra he'd implemented,conducted by Guy protheroe, the English Chamber Choir, the African drummers & singers, Vana Veroutis plus a certain Mr Jon Anderson singing live "so far so clear" and at that stage one of the largest number of musicians to ever be assembled on the stage at the RAH. Following this, as the technology grew with his noteriety in this period (Albedo 0.39, soundtracks for Frederic Rossiff,Spiral etc) I believe the live option to perform which was so relevant to bands and artists at this period became less of a priotity to him personally and frustrating to contemplate. He only ironically ever performed a handfull of times in the UK itself considering his time spent in England,namely the RAH,Heaven & Hell , The China concert(Theater Drury Lane and Albedo 0.39 which was cancelled last minute at the Round House. I was very lucky enough personally to have been there, taken under the wing of Vangelis and was there so to speak when electronic music was unknown and legends were being forged, I can tell you even now (old age and banana ale seeping in :wink: ) that at this period of time TD had come on to my "young" radar and I posed the existance of them to VP on more than one occassion, he totally respected and was aware of what Edgar & TD were doing at this period as him. Conclusion EF & VP the forerunners, creators & genius' of EM music. I now end my waffle and hope that Edgar and Vangelis now liase musically before I depart my mortel coil, what a combination that would be :idea: :wink: :arrow:
PS: I've mentioned this before but we know Edgar's time spent with Salvador Dali, Vangelis also spent a considerable period of this era too with Dali...I rest my case :wink: Edgar, Eastgate how about it? :D
Janus

Post by Janus »

Trailer for the film El Greco, music by Vangelis enjoy:

http://mftm.blogspot.com/2007/09/el-gre ... ailer.html
24db

Post by 24db »

Janus wrote:
24db wrote:Vangelis...an amazing talent...Vang, what happened mate?
Don't know as if anything ever actually happened as such Andy, he was never into the live performance stuff I know when he went solo, and we're talking late 70's now even after he in affect went solo. He'd at that stage done the stadium/tour stuff everywhere with Aphrodites Child (Demis & Co.) for quite a number of years and think had enough of it, and was never enamoured by the commercial spotlight (still to this day), genius that he was and still is IMHO. By taking the solo path at this stage and going down the solo artist route I know he was never comfortable with the "live" presentation of these LIVE events/concerts, nine times out of ten the requirement (in those days) of having a set amount of albums you needed to produce for the label that had signed you. If nothing else the technology was never there to do what he wanted to achieve and reproduce what he'd essentially done on his own studiowise to then create in a live environment, Vanglelis was/is a perfectionist. His first ground breaking solo gig at the Royal Abert Hall the "Heaven & Hell" promotional concert, for me was probably the best of the lot. It worked for him on that occassion,and was a classic, due to the fact he could play off everyone from the full Orchestra he'd implemented,conducted by Guy protheroe, the English Chamber Choir, the African drummers & singers, Vana Veroutis plus a certain Mr Jon Anderson singing live "so far so clear" and at that stage one of the largest number of musicians to ever be assembled on the stage at the RAH. Following this, as the technology grew with his noteriety in this period (Albedo 0.39, soundtracks for Frederic Rossiff,Spiral etc) I believe the live option to perform which was so relevant to bands and artists at this period became less of a priotity to him personally and frustrating to contemplate. He only ironically ever performed a handfull of times in the UK itself considering his time spent in England,namely the RAH,Heaven & Hell , The China concert(Theater Drury Lane and Albedo 0.39 which was cancelled last minute at the Round House. I was very lucky enough personally to have been there, taken under the wing of Vangelis and was there so to speak when electronic music was unknown and legends were being forged, I can tell you even now (old age and banana ale seeping in :wink: ) that at this period of time TD had come on to my "young" radar and I posed the existance of them to VP on more than one occassion, he totally respected and was aware of what Edgar & TD were doing at this period as him. Conclusion EF & VP the forerunners, creators & genius' of EM music. I now end my waffle and hope that Edgar and Vangelis now liase musically before I depart my mortel coil, what a combination that would be :idea: :wink: :arrow:
PS: I've mentioned this before but we know Edgar's time spent with Salvador Dali, Vangelis also spent a considerable period of this era too with Dali...I rest my case :wink: Edgar, Eastgate how about it? :D
excellent reply Chris. Sadly I find Vangelis's recent stuff so dull is makes me cringe. Just my opinion though....nothing more
timer

Post by timer »

Have to agree Andy about V's later output, not my cup of tea, Im just hoping for remasters of earth, Albedo, Spiral, China, See you later etc.
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:Have to agree Andy about V's later output, not my cup of tea, Im just hoping for remasters of earth, Albedo, Spiral, China, See you later etc.
I decent re-master of any of those would make me reach for my creditcard...brilliant stuff!