Glasto Festival

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

:D

welcome back.....look forward to the photos :wink:

ozrics....system seven,,,,,,,you lucky man 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

bigmoog wrote::D

welcome back.....look forward to the photos :wink:

ozrics....system seven,,,,,,,you lucky man 8)
so much more to tell... so little time... reactions to my Ricochet T-shirt... what the f*ck was that instrument Bjork was using (some kind of touch-sensitive VERY advanced Kaoss pad)... laser shows.... glorious food... bad loo dodging down to a fine art... getting out of the carpark in my Land Rover :D :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Storm clouds approach

Our camping area

Surreal cow tree

View of site, looking north (spot the pyramid and 'other' stage

Sun on the Leftfield stage
Janus

Post by Janus »

Great pics Stephen cheers mate 8) :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

What I saw of Glasto looked great . I watched Lily Allen and found myself actually enjoying her set :shock: The Who & The Stooges were excellent. As far as I know the BBC didn't show anything by the Ozrics :evil: I wish I could've went to the damn thing but at 43 I feel I'm too old for festivals.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Eat Static

Eat Static video:

Eat Static video:

billythefish

Post by billythefish »

sparrow wrote:What I saw of Glasto looked great . I watched Lily Allen and found myself actually enjoying her set :shock: The Who & The Stooges were excellent. As far as I know the BBC didn't show anything by the Ozrics :evil: I wish I could've went to the damn thing but at 43 I feel I'm too old for festivals.
Tell you what - I'm 38 tomorrow, and felt KNACKERED at the end of the weekend! I slept solidly for 14 hours on Monday night :D Next time, I'm definitely taking a camp chair. Loads of others did and had them over their shoulders.

I have to say though, the age spread is vast. I'll keep posting more pictures... you may be able to see for your self (I hope!).
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

System Seven:

System Seven:

System Seven:

System Seven Video:

System Seven Video:

System Seven Video:

bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

great photos stephen......it brings back thee memories :D

and have a very happy birthday tomorrow.......

BM will sort out a gift

:wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Here are three Bjork videos (it was too dark to take still photos). The really strange thing about her performance was what was being shown on the video screens. They kept focussing on a new hi-tech instrument, the like of which I have never seen. Think of a Kaoss pad and turn it into a full on synth / sound processor. It was a back-lit green touch sensitive screen, about the size of a backgammon board (and strangely similar). It had many different screen modes including a mixing desk, a series of dots that could be moved about to manipulate sound and a synth screen where the performer could drag in various parameters (such as saw-tooth generator, LFO, filter) and snap them together in any number of different ways. You could hear the effects real time.... What the bleeding hell was it???? :shock: :shock:

You can just make it out on some of these (inferior) videos.

Bjork (and lasers) video

Bjork video (more lasers)

Bjork video (Glasto special song called 'Raise your flag'... went down well!)

billythefish

Post by billythefish »

So, here are the inevitable mud shots!

timer

Post by timer »

Happy B'Day for tomorrow Stephen, glad you enjoyed yourself down this end of the country last weekend despite the awful weather.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Yours truly flying the TD flag!
I had no comments when I was wearing the Rubycon T-shirt (I wore this to Eat Static and System Seven), although I could see a lot of people double-take as I passed them... like it was stirring a distant memory.

However, I wore the Ricochet to the Ozrics (videos to come) and had three totally separate people come up to me. The first, a mid-aged skin-head embraced me and said it was his all time favourite album. He reckoned it was a good album to plan how to rob a bank with! :shock: :shock:

The next looked like a young version of Tommy Lee Jones, was smoking a Camberwell Carrot and just looked at me, smiled, nodded his head in approval and made a circle sign with his fingers.

Finally, a grey pony-tailed chap in his fifties came to congratulate me on my excellent taste!

billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Ta for the birthday wishes! 21 tomorrow and all that! Glasto was a perfect celebration, if a little early, damp and muddy.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Final instalment (I hope I haven't bored you all...) - the most important band to play... The Ozrics (once again, no stills alas: too dark).

They had an impressive rig - to left of stage a Roland D50 and Novation Supernova keyboard. To the right he had a Roland X8, Novation Nova keyboard, Minimoog, three other unidentified keyboards, including one that faced the crowd that looked VERY pretty!

It had a lift-up panel angled at around 45 degrees that contained four or five rows of orange lights. Along the bottom right were a row of red, blinking back-lit buttons, and there were a few more of these red back-lit buttons sprinkled around too. There was a small back-lit LCD display top right. They seemed to be using this as a sequencer most of the time. Not a computer in sight :-)