Glasto Festival

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

good job I didnt know mS BM then...as I was really heavily into pooonk rawk.....may well post a pic of me then If I can find one :shock:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:good job I didnt know mS BM then...as I was really heavily into pooonk rawk.....may well post a pic of me then I I can find one :shock:
I had quite a few of me with the bleached hair and spikes look with the green tartan trousers..........sadly me ex took them with her all of 23 years ago :cry: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I swapped an original pair of Seditionaries Tartan bon dage strides with bumflap for the Clash NME Capital radio ep....in 1978...I regret it even today, as them trousers are now worth £££££££'s......original Viv Westwoods stuff :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:I swapped an original pair of Seditionaries Tartan bon dage strides with bumflap for the Clash NME Capital radio ep....in 1978...I regret it even today, as them trousers are now worth £££££££'s......original Viv Westwoods stuff :roll:
How did you manage to get into Vivienne Westwoods trousers,thats what i'd like to know as no doubt would Mrs BM :shock: :o :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:effin awesome live

BTW colin, did you ever catch PIL live...I missed them in 78 in london by bad luck :roll:
I caught them on tour at the old capitol theatre in Cardiff in 1983......i managed to get a few badges thrown into the crowd by John,his half Heineken Can :D and either Martin Atkins or Richard Dudanski's Dumstick :? :wink:

Lydon wore a huge long trench coat that night and the band were pretty good on a whole,but not a patch on what they were when Wobble and Levine was in town :arrow:
I managed to catch PIL in London 1987 me thinks, outstanding gig.

Jah Wobble is guesting on the forthcoming Geordie (Killing Joke) 1st solo CD ,for those interested !.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Well, I'm off to Glasto this year! I was very lucky and not only got our tickets, but ten others for various friends. We're driving down on Tuesday night in order to get a good spot to camp first thing Wednesday.

The line up is hit and miss as far as I can see, but for the money, I am over the moon that I am going to get a chance to see:
Ozric Tentacles, Eat Static, System 7, Mirror System, Tunng, Bjork and The Who...

There are bound to be endless other sideshows and new discoveries that keep me entertained too.

As for the bogs: just eat lots of eggs. Great at plugging you up for the weekend :wink:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

billythefish wrote:Well, I'm off to Glasto this year! I was very lucky and not only got our tickets, but ten others for various friends. We're driving down on Tuesday night in order to get a good spot to camp first thing Wednesday.

The line up is hit and miss as far as I can see, but for the money, I am over the moon that I am going to get a chance to see:
Ozric Tentacles, Eat Static, System 7, Mirror System, Tunng, Bjork and The Who...

There are bound to be endless other sideshows and new discoveries that keep me entertained too.

As for the bogs: just eat lots of eggs. Great at plugging you up for the weekend :wink:

Hope you have a great time Stephen,and im sure the Ozrics and System 7 will hit the spot 8) By the way forget eggs,the finest thing to bind you up for days are Paracetamols........believe me i know about it :wink:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Have a good time Stephen. I'll stay at home with my creature comforts!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Cheers folks! I'll let you know how I get on... as a seasoned camper, I can cope with most things... I only hope the WCs have been improved upon though! They do sound rather grim.

I thought about getting one of these and running back to the car park when in dire need:

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I saw Ozric Tentacles a few years ago and I have to say they are superb. I think a lot of the albums are a bit samey but they are a great live experience.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

billythefish wrote:Cheers folks! I'll let you know how I get on... as a seasoned camper, I can cope with most things... I only hope the WCs have been improved upon though! They do sound rather grim.

I thought about getting one of these and running back to the car park when in dire need:

Just make sure it's not installed above the tow bar!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:I saw Ozric Tentacles a few years ago and I have to say they are superb. I think a lot of the albums are a bit samey but they are a great live experience.
Will be seeing them on their UK tour in a few months time :D Look forward to it as always 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I hope Stephen (BTF) had a great time....despite the mud :wink:

A work colleague of mine went....and now has Trench Foot :shock:

:arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:I hope Stephen (BTF) had a great time....despite the mud :wink:

A work colleague of mine went....and now has Trench Foot :shock:

:arrow:

Stephen must be getting over a serious hangover :mrgreen:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

lol! Work backlog, bad cold and cleaning caked mud of EVERYTHING!

I had a seriously good time, and am already welling up with nostalgic tears. The atmosphere is like nothing else I've experienced - I spoke with so many different people from 60 year old Divas to teenage skinheads. All seriously happy, ready to smile, keen to know who you are.

Our camp site was excellent - we avoided the worst of the mud, were not far from the 'other stage' or some half decent bogs.

I managed to see so many bands, I cannot list them all... but the hi-lights were the following:
Bjork, Dreadzone, Eat Static, Ozric Tentacles, System Seven (twice), Tunng, The Men they couldn't Hang, Gogol Bordello, The Kaiser Chiefs and The Who.

I've got some fairly good photos and video of some, but will not find time to post until next week.

I guess my mountain biking and Land Rover hobbies meant the mud was water off a duck's back for me, but to many it would be the last straw (especially with a bad back). It was about as extreme as anywhere I've experienced, especially when it began to dry out and turned to a very sticky glue-paste. I found one bloke who'd lost both his boots at once and was face down with his socks in the air. It took us about ten minutes to extracate boots and him.

More later when I upload pictures...