Glasto Festival

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Glasto Festival

Post by timer »

Anyone attending the Glastonbury Festival this year ?

As its only about 3 miles down the road, we see the long constuction of this , and people have already started to pitch tents etc.
I was down at an old suppliers yesterday and they are busy making up stage walkways ,with another doing the staging and celling works.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I would like to be going. Not that impressed by this years line up though.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:I would like to be going. Not that impressed by this years line up though.

same here. Would prefer togo to the 02 wirless festival, near to where I live and over the four days Air,Faithless,Daft Punk(Horaaay) and LCD SoundSystem and Tom Middleton(I am not worthy).
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Tried to get tickets, but no go, even after registering, giving blood, dna samples etc etc!

Used to be a regular (with or without ticket!) but it's so difficult to get tickets now, I don't think I'll bother again. Shame because contrary to the statement above I think the line ups pretty good and there are so many artists you can't fail to find something you like.

Thing about Glasto is (once you're in) it's such an amazing event/ place (I hestitate to use the word "vibe") you have a great time even if you don't see any bands at all!

Going to Bestival this year for a change (John Foxx, Chemical Bros, Kraftwerk tribute band) which should be fun!

I Know what you mean about Wireless - the Daft Punk day is the best line up of any festival this year imho but I'm in Durham the day before for the test match so logistically looks like a no go. Can't do everything I suppose!
epsilon75

Re: Glasto Festival

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:Anyone attending the Glastonbury Festival this year ?

As its only about 3 miles down the road, we see the long constuction of this , and people have already started to pitch tents etc.
I was down at an old suppliers yesterday and they are busy making up stage walkways ,with another doing the staging and celling works.
A mate i know is a security guard there and obviously gets to watch everything for free and gets to see all the stars to........i just wish i was going :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I can't abide festivals and it's very rare that there are any acts I want to see anyway.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:I can't abide festivals and it's very rare that there are any acts I want to see anyway.
my view is... £150 for a 45 minute set, probably during the daytime so the lights are pointless, with 70% of the audience making more noise than the PA, followed by a 10 mile trudge back to a tent that's just been flatened by 16 blokes looking for a leaking toilet. Very tempting
Phaedra303

Post by Phaedra303 »

I think not! Is it worth it?

There may be some good artists but standing around in a muddy field, not able to hear the music properly...or even see the stage! I'm certainly not getting on anyone's shoulders!

What happens to acoustics when there are no walls? Am not an expert but....

D'Oh!

Not for me sorry!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Phaedra303 wrote:
What happens to acoustics when there are no walls?
That's one of the reasons, I've never enjoyed stadium gigs and why each time I've seen U2, they've sounded awful!
24db

Post by 24db »

Phaedra303 wrote:I think not! Is it worth it?

There may be some good artists but standing around in a muddy field, not able to hear the music properly...or even see the stage! I'm certainly not getting on anyone's shoulders!

What happens to acoustics when there are no walls? Am not an expert but....

D'Oh!

Not for me sorry!
I agree...although places like the Astoria (for example) are far from ideal...ugh 3 hours standing up...backache here we come! Why do we do it?

Outdoor sound? if indoor sound is a work of art...then outdoor sound is a lottery...you pays yer money and...!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Hobo wrote:
Phaedra303 wrote:
That's one of the reasons, I've never enjoyed stadium gigs and why each time I've seen U2, they've sounded awful!

well, Mick, for me U2 sound awful full stop. (IMHO)
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
Phaedra303 wrote:
Nothing worse than being stuck in a stadium 536 rows back looking at 4 dots on stage :roll: :cry: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Phaedra303 wrote:

well, Mick, for me U2 sound awful full stop. (IMHO)
Good job I haven't paid to see them then! :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

er mick, its me opinion only but U2 and especially BONO get on me bleedin nerves so much that even the mention of them makes me go STARK STARING MAD :shock: :x
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:er mick, its me opinion only but U2 and especially BONO get on me bleedin nerves so much that even the mention of them makes me go STARK STARING MAD :shock: :x
I'm not a fan myself, they were just part of an extensive line-up that I had to endure.