Where are the fans ?

redziller
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by redziller »

Y'know I wonder if it's just down to a newbie coming along and seeing that there's a bunch of guys posting on themes we're familiar with and feeling a tad daunted.

We could start a thread for newbies but it'd soon get lost - I suggest a whole new forum to introduce yourself on just to make this board more welcoming to encourage the dropper-by to post. Sure they may post just the once, but maybe not
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

At the end of the day is an issue like this worth falling out over.........if people dont like it dont read it,no one has been shot or abused,its just a bit of tomfoolery that enlightens the mind and helps forget the stresses and strains of everyday life.........There is to much MISERY within life :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Six By Nine wrote:However, I do find it a bit wearisome trying to catch up on a thread that
ends up with 3 pages of in jokes and innuendos between 2 or 3 members with nothing to do with the topic or even TD!
I tend to agree, however I don't think people should decrease their presence here, but I think a chatboard here, could ease the "problem"
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Pertou wrote:
Six By Nine wrote:However, I do find it a bit wearisome trying to catch up on a thread that
ends up with 3 pages of in jokes and innuendos between 2 or 3 members with nothing to do with the topic or even TD!
I tend to agree, however I don't think people should decrease their presence here, but I think a chatboard here, could ease the "problem"

hush all, hush.....bm must speak

BOA, SU IN , asto dvd

i only am BM and post here for one true reason

music directly channelled from GOD him herself

awesome

good night dear friends

40 years of magic, grizzlies thy day has gone.
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

hope colin is ok, not seen him online today :cry:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

bigmoog wrote:hope colin is ok, not seen him online today :cry:
I noticed that too. Not like him at all. :!:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Laserdisc Dream is Gone for the Day.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:my forum is at least 75% the music :arrow: :wink:
Yeah, but that number drops to 4.34% if you discount the hi-fi thread.

Mooger, you hardly post in your own forum anymore. I see waaay more activity from you here than at Moogerville.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

rattymouse wrote:
bigmoog wrote:my forum is at least 75% the music :arrow: :wink:
Yeah, but that number drops to 4.34% if you discount the hi-fi thread.

Mooger, you hardly post in your own forum anymore. I see waaay more activity from you here than at Moogerville.

Tom, Im over there right now :D
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Pertou wrote:I can't see the problem, JD...
:?
You cant see that having a larger, more diverse fanbase that posted here would be infinately better than reading the same stories and jokes, over and over and over again?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

this forum is growing and we have new members......(I note that my forum has a few members that dont post here.........)

but all forums across the web, have regular posters, in jokes, banter, flamers, trolls, lemons, one off posters, know alls, know nothings, spammers...etc

at least here we can be closer to TD's music :arrow:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

JD wrote:
Pertou wrote:
JD wrote:
I dont mean that we should all be posting more, Im shocked that nearly half of the action here is from 3 people rather than a large group of fans.
But what three people! 8)
colin, BM and 24db ...the % of their posts is almost 45% ...i could well have missed off another regular poster in which case maybe a small gang posts 90% ;)

edit: add hobo at 10% and thats over half of all posts by 4 people :shock: surely TD has a few more fans !!!!????
Surely there are more TD fans that the 4 who run this board. The problem is threefold. One, this board could NOT be more poorly designed. Talk about totally lame catagories. It is outrageous how slipshod the design of this place is. Two, a virtual total lack of band participation on any level, other than the sell you something. It is very depressing to me personally how Edgar cannot manage to put up a single post. Would it kill him to say hello to his fans? How about a once a month post? Even the EB guy hardly posts and when he does, its one or two sentences. Nothing interesting. Third and final, the total lack of posters is a self fulfilling phenomena. It makes for a boring website, which drives people away. I myself come and go, hoping against hope that something of interest will be happening here. But after awhile, it always turns into the same old thing. Very very dull.

I sense that something better is possible. But it wont happen here.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Ratty, I see your points and actually agree for the most part. But I still think this forum better than the previous TDI version

(if the '4' regulars didnt post for a while......I wonder.........)

(I have stepped back from posting on my forum a little - still admin tho', in the hope of more members joining....and its growing slowly as an alternative space.....)
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:Ratty, I see your points and actually agree for the most part. But I still think this forum better than the previous TDI version

(I have stepped back from posting on my forum a little - still admin tho', in the hope of more members joining....and its growing slowly as an alternative space.....)
Mooger, saying that this forum is better than the old one is REALLY setting the bar low. Come on!! The old one was hacked to death!

TD's forum could be as good as their music. Now sit back and imagine that.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

rattymouse wrote:
bigmoog wrote:Ratty, I see your points and actually agree for the most part. But I still think this forum better than the previous TDI version

Mooger, saying that this forum is better than the old one is REALLY setting the bar low. Come on!! The old one was hacked to death!

TD's forum could be as good as their music. Now sit back and imagine that.

BM imagines and : :shock: