Where are the fans ?

JD
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Where are the fans ?

Post by JD »

A casual visitor to this forum could be forgiven thinking that TD have a loyal and enthusaistic fanbase, but in reality this whole forum is dominated by a few regular posters. It says that "Our users have posted a total of 23018 articles" but 45% of all this was posted by Colin, 24db and BM :D 3 people ???? WTF ? What's happened ?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I am slowly posting more and more, JD! I also have website, an participate on another forum... many are still using the ol tadream list, too.
JD

Post by JD »

Pertou wrote:I am slowly posting more and more, JD! I also have website, an participate on another forum... many are still using the ol tadream list, too.

I dont mean that we should all be posting more, Im shocked that nearly half of the action here is from 3 people rather than a large group of fans.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

JD wrote:
Pertou wrote:I am slowly posting more and more, JD! I also have website, an participate on another forum... many are still using the ol tadream list, too.

I dont mean that we should all be posting more, Im shocked that nearly half of the action here is from 3 people rather than a large group of fans.
But what three people! 8)
JD

Post by JD »

Pertou wrote:
JD wrote:

colin, BM and 24db ...the % of their posts is almost 45% ...i could well have missed off another regular poster in which case maybe a small gang posts 90% ;)

edit: add hobo at 10% and thats over half of all posts by 4 people :shock: surely TD has a few more fans !!!!????
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I can't see the problem, JD...
:?
JD

Post by JD »

Pertou wrote:I can't see the problem, JD...
I thought ...or hoped that this 23018 posts were down to a healthy sized group of genuine TD fans, but in reality the situation is just that a few very enthusiastic fans are keeping the forum alive. I'm wondering what's happened to the 1000s of fans from the earlier days ? Do TD have 10 die hard fans ???? I hope not !
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

JD wrote:
Pertou wrote:I can't see the problem, JD...
I thought ...or hoped that this 23018 posts were down to a healthy sized group of genuine TD fans, but in reality the situation is just that a few very enthusiastic fans are keeping the forum alive. I'm wondering what's happened to the 1000s of fans from the earlier days ? Do TD have 10 die hard fans ???? I hope not !

Got to be honest JD,i do know quite a few so called die-hard fans that never ever post here............strange really :? Perhaps they are not interested in forums :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

JD wrote:
Pertou wrote:
JD wrote:
colin, BM and 24db ...the % of their posts is almost 45% ...i could well have missed off another regular poster in which case maybe a small gang posts 90% ;)

edit: add hobo at 10% and thats over half of all posts by 4 people :shock: surely TD has a few more fans !!!!????
There are plenty of fans still out there I can name quite a few Die Hards who very rarely or never post on here.
I am 15th on posts at 1.80 per day I regard myself as a Die Hard but work commitments,wife & son also wanting to use computer restricts my participation.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hyperboreauk wrote:
JD wrote:
Pertou wrote: But what three people! 8)

There are plenty of fans still out there I can name quite a few Die Hards who very rarely or never post on here.
I am 15th on posts at 1.80 per day I regard myself as a Die Hard but work commitments,wife & son also wanting to use computer restricts my participation.
:lol: :lol: You are too busy counting your money mate :twisted: :arrow:
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hyperboreauk wrote:
JD wrote: colin, BM and 24db ...the % of their posts is almost 45% ...i could well have missed off another regular poster in which case maybe a small gang posts 90% ;)

:lol: :lol: You are too busy counting your money mate :twisted: :arrow:
:lol: I did have money until we booked that Ryan Air Flight :(
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Dont remind me mate.........we dropped a BIG clanger there :cry: :( :arrow: Remind me not to use these muppets again :evil:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the td fanbase is worldwide and dedicated, we have plenty of space to discuss our favourites, here, there and over there.......some fans perhaps just browse the forums, indeed i read all tadream posts, but feel no need to participate. I dont think a bands popularity can be measured by forum traffic or membership.

but, hey...on this forum, better 4 or five regulars than none at all.

long live tangerine dream
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

it's never been about quantity...it's about quality...ask your misses ;)