TD an introduction

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD an introduction

Post by 24db »

Perhaps we should have a TD introduction area, where people new to TD can chat and feel more relaxed. I know when I first started on this forum (1999?) it was quite daunting the depth of people's knowledge, so I didn't know where to start...if at all

andy
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

good idea

i note that quite a few new members register here, post a bit then disapear, which is a shame.....

bee em, first posted on tdi, back in 2004....before i did i gave it a lot of thought as i had followed the tadream group and other online groups for years.......one must be careful and ensure the flameproof suit is zipped up
...The wise.....are silent.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

At least there is no ranking system now, which I think was pointless, and probably made some people feel more important than others. The ranking system on BMforum is not very serious at all, which I like.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

new ranking system to be implemented on his forum tomorrow :mrgreen:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

bigmoog wrote:new ranking system to be implemented on his forum tomorrow :mrgreen:
I was talking about that on TDI forum, I like the one we got now, BM... it's a great contrast to to the "stars and medals" pompous ranking system as we knew it. I'm glad they abandoned the idea of 200 posts, and you were allowed to ask the band a personal question...
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

for a moment today, just a few seconds mind, i was about to erase my forum forever....but then i remembered something: in life it seems, all we have is our dreams......

and mine is to be at peace with the music i love, anyone else who defers, is entitled to do so.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
bigmoog wrote:new ranking system to be implemented on his forum tomorrow :mrgreen:
I was talking about that on TDI forum, I like the one we got now, BM... it's a great contrast to to the "stars and medals" pompous ranking system as we knew it. I'm glad they abandoned the idea of 200 posts, and you were allowed to ask the band a personal question...
Rankings and posts mean nothing IMHO.........some people have more time than others who are working difficult hours,i see us all as ONE except for those towrag spammers that is :x :evil: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Rankings and posts mean nothing IMHO.........some people have more time than others who are working difficult hours,i see us all as ONE except for those towrag spammers that is :x :evil: :arrow:

agree, totally

im off to deep fry some spam rite now
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:for a moment today, just a few seconds mind, i was about to erase my forum forever....but then i remembered something: in life it seems, all we have is our dreams......

and mine is to be at peace with the music i love, anyone else who defers, is entitled to do so.
I nearly did the same with ALL of my websites about 6 or 7 months back, I think I'm glad I didn't ;)
Keep it going mate, people like using it
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:At least there is no ranking system now, which I think was pointless, and probably made some people feel more important than others. The ranking system on BMforum is not very serious at all, which I like.
Ranking? wrong first letter mate ;) yeah I agree, ranking, stars and silly titles are..well...silly really. It doesn't make your post anymore valid cos you've posted 20,000,000 times before compared with somebody's first post...they 'should' be equal
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:At least there is no ranking system now, which I think was pointless, and probably made some people feel more important than others. The ranking system on BMforum is not very serious at all, which I like.
Ranking? wrong first letter mate ;) yeah I agree, ranking, stars and silly titles are..well...silly really. It doesn't make your post anymore valid cos you've posted 20,000,000 times before compared with somebody's first post...they 'should' be equal
If i didnt have this problem ive got and was working the last 4 months,i would never have posted a quarter of what i have............But im a big fan of the forum,and quite truthfully there is not a lot more i can do :oops: :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
If i didnt have this problem ive got and was working the last 4 months,i would never have posted a quarter of what i have............But im a big fan of the forum,and quite truthfully there is not a lot more i can do :oops: :arrow:
I fully realise that mate, good on yer Colin, I hope everything goes well for you this year. A forum without your posts wouldn't be worth visiting (IMHO), your enthusiasm for TD and Music in general is infectious. I don't think I'm over stating things that you've kept TD's flame alive through some difficult years and for that I'll always be grateful.
Last edited by 24db on Thu May 24, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

oh fuggid

who cares how many posts...

we are all friends and fans of tangerine dream..

im off to listen to some music

the keep...on vinyl :P :P
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Ranking? wrong first letter mate ;) yeah I agree, ranking, stars and silly titles are..well...silly really. It doesn't make your post anymore valid cos you've posted 20,000,000 times before compared with somebody's first post...they 'should' be equal
I fully realise that mate, good on yer Colin, I hope everything goes well for you this year. A forum without your posts wouldn't be worth visiting (IMHO), your enthusiasm for TD and Music in general is infectious. I don't think I'm over stating things that you've kept TD's flame alive through some difficult years and for that I'll always be grateful.

I appreciate your sentiments Andy,but dont forget its sites like your own BMs forum,Jacob's before him amongst many others that keep the flame flying,im just a voice who is as nuts about TD as yourself.........
I will say that your site is my undoubted favorite,it can be fascinating reading and is a great place for TD fans old and new,as the years go by i think its important that we all stick together,preach the TD gospel and keep our favorite band going for many more years to come :wink: 8)

One guy at the old forum once called me a TD crusader in a very off handed way :roll: well,thats exactly what i am like many others around the world, a crusader to the TD cause.....I dont want to see this great band die on me just yet :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

all forums/websites are brilliant

we must keep em and td alive.......after all they have given us so much

it is an honour to be a fan, no shame in being mad on music you love....i just effin get tired of the effers who see the negative........

if it wasn't for my obssession for td, i think i would go nutty :shock: :wink: :wink: