Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...)
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Shanghai, China
ant wrote:
:? So Tangerine Dream was just Edgar Froese was it?? Even Edgar said on many occasions that he couldn't have done it without the others!! TD was founded by Edgar and he was a great man and missed dreadfully - but TD was not just him. Other bands have carried on without members when they have died, so why should it be different for TD. They carry on in Edgars memory and I for one continue to love the music they are producing. I feel sorry for you if you can't because you are missing a lot - but that's your choice. But I say again, if you are not interested in them any more, why are you visiting the website? Doesn't make sense to me. :?


Edgar was all that was left. Of course Peter, Johannes, Chris, Paul, Jerome, were integral parts of the band. But they were gone at the end. The remainders never reached the level that the founders and immediate followers were. The complete and total collapse of the TD fan base seems to confirm this.

I dont know any band that has survived the loss of any founders or multi decade long members and been successful or considered legitimate. Could 3 different people be Rush now that they have hung it up? Hell. No. It would simply be the theft of a name, illegitimate in every sense of the word.

You seam really bent out of shape over ONE person's OPINION. How intolerant. Apparently you missed the text I wrote, " No ill wishes towards anyone who believes otherwise."

You show immense threat over a person's opinion. Try to have courage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: London, England
:roll: All I am saying is if you think TD ended that long ago, even when Edgar was still alive, then I feel sorry for you. If you haven't listened to TD for 10 years then how do you know what Thorsten, Ulrich, Hoshiko have contributed?? It is just nonsense and the reason it makes me angry is that if you really have no interest in the band any more, then what are you doing on their website? I thought you had moved on. And you still don't seem to be able to answer that. It all seems total rubbish to me. My final word is, if you don't follow TD anymore then go away and leave this site for the few fans remaining who come on here who do still love the stuff they do!! :twisted:

_________________
Biggus Dickus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Shanghai, China
ant wrote:
:roll: All I am saying is if you think TD ended that long ago, even when Edgar was still alive, then I feel sorry for you. If you haven't listened to TD for 10 years then how do you know what Thorsten, Ulrich, Hoshiko have contributed?? It is just nonsense and the reason it makes me angry is that if you really have no interest in the band any more, then what are you doing on their website? I thought you had moved on. And you still don't seem to be able to answer that. It all seems total rubbish to me. My final word is, if you don't follow TD anymore then go away and leave this site for the few fans remaining who come on here who do still love the stuff they do!! :twisted:


I came back because I have fond memories of my time being part of the TD family (recently recalled), before the moderator of this site went batsh!!t crazy and cr@pped all over it. So I came back and thought I'd find things relatively the same. To my great surprise, I see that the TD community has dissolved, leaving almost no trace at all. Shocking to say the least. I dont think my coming back to see what is going on is all that hard to understand. Certainly not worthy of your hysterical response. My god you feel threatened. Who knows why?

It is also not unusual to hold the opinion that one considers a band to have ended when all actual members of the band are gone. So again, your hysterical response is completely out of line and reflects a deep seated insecurity of yours. Especially when one considers how I stated that this was MY opinion and not a fact of any kind.

You are a seriously angry person and not well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: London, England
:) I am perfectly well and not an angry person at all. I just find your outlook and the things you say very strange and think you are the one that seriously needs help. I, in no way feel threatened, certainly not by you, and do not understand how you arrive at that. I am just purely trying to see where you are coming from and I can't. You seem to be living in a very strange world. Never mind, lets leave it at that shall we, as we are obviously never going to see eye to eye. I will leave you to carry on dreaming on whatever planet you are on. :lol:

_________________
Biggus Dickus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Shanghai, China
ant wrote:
:) I am perfectly well and not an angry person at all. I just find your outlook and the things you say very strange and think you are the one that seriously needs help. I, in no way feel threatened, certainly not by you, and do not understand how you arrive at that. I am just purely trying to see where you are coming from and I can't. You seem to be living in a very strange world. Never mind, lets leave it at that shall we, as we are obviously never going to see eye to eye. I will leave you to carry on dreaming on whatever planet you are on. :lol:


That is abject nonsense. Your reaction is clearly hysterical and objectively angry. You openly state you cannot understand things and then react like an infant.

Me on the other hand, cannot understand why one would consider a non Edgar version of TD to be a real version of the band. I dont understand it, but do not lash out at those who do. See the difference? One acts like an adult, while another does not.

The evidence is clear to those who think and act rationally.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: London, England
:D I just think people like you go on to websites and other media just to be provocative. We have had those sort of people on here before and I am sure you will not be the last. As I said before, I cannot understand anyone being on here if they haven't followed the band for 10 years. Other people gave up, like you, when Edgar died, and that's fair enough, but they also stopped coming on here. That I understand - you I don't. I am not angry, hysterical or anything else. I am sitting here very calm but just baffled by what you call adult thinking!! The Rolling Stones have gone for years without Brian Jones, the Who went on for a long time without Keith Moon, so to me your view of TD ending with Edgar, to me is not logical. Anyway, as I say, this is where I stop replying to you because to be quite honest, I am bored with it and life is too short. Enjoy the rest of your non-TD life. :roll:

_________________
Biggus Dickus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Shanghai, China
ant wrote:
:D I just think people like you go on to websites and other media just to be provocative. We have had those sort of people on here before and I am sure you will not be the last. As I said before, I cannot understand anyone being on here if they haven't followed the band for 10 years. Other people gave up, like you, when Edgar died, and that's fair enough, but they also stopped coming on here. That I understand - you I don't. I am not angry, hysterical or anything else. I am sitting here very calm but just baffled by what you call adult thinking!! The Rolling Stones have gone for years without Brian Jones, the Who went on for a long time without Keith Moon, so to me your view of TD ending with Edgar, to me is not logical. Anyway, as I say, this is where I stop replying to you because to be quite honest, I am bored with it and life is too short. Enjoy the rest of your non-TD life. :roll:


Utterly incoherent. Astonishing ignorance and intellectual dishonesty. Brazen in its application.

Let's rehash this idiocy. Peter Baumann left TD in the late '70s. The fan base of the band survived and no one would seriously claim that TD ceased to exist. Just like your Rolling Stone example. The same is true after every other member departure such as Johannes, Paul, Chris, etc. Band members come and go. Nothing unusual there.

What is different in the case of Edgar passing away is that with that departure, EVERY single founding member of the TD band was gone. It is NOT unusual at all for bands to simply cease to exist then. In fact, I can't think of a single instance of a band continuing on.

Would fans accept The Rolling Stones fronted by only Darryl Jones? LOL. No.
Would fans accept accept The Who without Townsend and Daltry? LOL. No. Hell some fans didnt accept The Who after Keith Moon died.

I could go on and on with examples that simply blow away your laughably weak argument. Suggesting somehow that a normal lineup change such as Brian Jones for Mick Taylor is similar to the loss of the last founding member of a band shows little you understand about my original comment.

Since your understanding is nonexistent, it would have been better for you to have remained quiet. Less embarrassing for sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:10 pm
Posts: 193
FFS

This has descended into bairney , opinionated pish. Perhaps another reason why forums and social media are flawed.

Oh well. That is all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Shanghai, China
sorcerer wrote:
FFS

This has descended into bairney , opinionated pish. Perhaps another reason why forums and social media are flawed.

Oh well. That is all.



Intolerance is what ruins people's experience. What you see in this thread is someone who is utterly intolerant of anyone expressing an opinion that they either do not like or do not understand. The response to this is to launch an attack at the person who "threatens" them.

Were this person in the US, they would be very very comfortable around Trump supporters. His response to my opinions is right out of Trump's playbook.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:10 pm
Posts: 193
You know something man, I was going to come on this thread and post about TD and how glad I am the band continues with such great music. How Thorsten is possibly the longest serving member of the band apart from Edgar, and several other positive things however I’ll no bather, can’t be arsed getting into an argument. What I will say is I strongly disagree with much of what you post but one thing I would never do is resort to name calling and being abusive.

You’ve had a go at TD, the continuing of TD , the Tangs music, the forum , the folk that run the forum, other posters. We get it .

Over and out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 1002
Location: Paris/Earth/Solar System/Milky Way
In my opinion, here is a proof that TD is still "alive and well"… Nothing more to add !

Tangerine Dream live at the Ozora Festival (Hungary, 4 August 2018)

But of course, TD needs a new website, and it should go with a new (and better) kind of "official forum".

_________________
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: London, England
:? I have been coming on this forum for 12 years and have very rarely been annoyed by anything but this time I was because of this person's tone at the start. To come on and say his things about TD not existing after Edgar, which is fine in itself if that is what he believes, but to then say something like 'This is, of course, my opinion, and not everyones', to me is being provocative. If you think that, then there is no reason to say it, just keep it to yourself. Yes there are places where you can go and air your differences but this Forum, to me, is where TD fans get together and discuss the good things about the latest TD concerts and releases, not to slag them off!! But, that of course, is just my opinion and may not be yours :roll: I will say no more on this subject, other than I love TD and have done since 1970 and nothing will change that and I hope they go on forever. I give big thanks to Thorsten, Ulrich and Hoshiko (and of course Bianca) for carrying on the Dream!! :D

_________________
Biggus Dickus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Shanghai, China
ant wrote:
:? I have been coming on this forum for 12 years and have very rarely been annoyed by anything but this time I was because of this person's tone at the start. To come on and say his things about TD not existing after Edgar, which is fine in itself if that is what he believes, but to then say something like 'This is, of course, my opinion, and not everyones', to me is being provocative. If you think that, then there is no reason to say it, just keep it to yourself. Yes there are places where you can go and air your differences but this Forum, to me, is where TD fans get together and discuss the good things about the latest TD concerts and releases, not to slag them off!! But, that of course, is just my opinion and may not be yours :roll: I will say no more on this subject, other than I love TD and have done since 1970 and nothing will change that and I hope they go on forever. I give big thanks to Thorsten, Ulrich and Hoshiko (and of course Bianca) for carrying on the Dream!! :D


Pure cretinism. Only the most ignorant person could take text that *explicitly* states an opinion designed to make 100% clear that it is my own and not to be forced onto anyone else and then make it into a negative. You are profoundly stupid person. It is YOU who is spoiling for a fight. It is YOU who is trying to be provocative. At no point was any of my text EVER intended to start off the sh!Tstorm that you seem to love to wallow in. I notice that you failed to address whatsoever the examples stated in my last post. Proof positive of your complete and total intellectual bankruptcy.

Were it not for the interwebs, drooling morons like you would never enter into my life. People like you, who do not have a functioning brain cell in their entire head, simply do not cross paths with me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Shanghai, China
TDludo wrote:
In my opinion, here is a proof that TD is still "alive and well"… Nothing more to add !

Tangerine Dream live at the Ozora Festival (Hungary, 4 August 2018)

But of course, TD needs a new website, and it should go with a new (and better) kind of "official forum".



I bet you think the Beach Boys are "alive and well".

LMFAO!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: London, England
:? TheMan - your response to TDludo says it all - you really are not a very nice person, which is what I thought right from the start!! Just go away and Troll somewhere else please. :twisted:

_________________
Biggus Dickus


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...) All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage