Where?

TheMan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Where?

Post by TheMan »

What happened to Big Moog? 24db? And all the others who used to post here nearly every day? was there a massive accident that wiped out the TD fan base?
Jon

Re: Where?

Post by Jon »

24db (Andy King) d e l e t e d every single post he ever did on the forum. No idea why. Must be something he didn't like. :lol:
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

A few posters have tried to keep this board going but even that is virtually pointless now. Probably not helped by the fact that every time you try and post on here you get logged out , have to repost and/or have duplicate posts. Weird.

Most bailed out to Facebook I believe. To put it politely **** Facebook :P

There was word at one point of a new forum, that would be a good idea. Might bring some folk back. There is still a mighty TD massive, as some one used to say.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Been hoping to keep this forum alive for ten years now.
Guess this platform is outdated. TD, with renewed interest throughout Europe this year, needs a new website and possibly a new forum.
Or depend upon social media...
ant

Post by ant »

:( I tried to get into the TDOC recently and it wouldn't accept my login details. I then realised my TDOC membership ran out in May 18. I have been in touch with Eastgate to see if they are going to continue with it and they have told me that they will ask the band to decide whether to revive it or not but with so many things going on at the moment it is not the top of their list. I have said I would like it to continue but whether it will is another matter. They have said that, at the moment anyway, it is not worth renewing our memberships. I must admit, I did renew mine in 2015 for three years and have not had to use it once. I got to see the band after this year without needing the card, so it was a waste of 50 euros really. I don't mind pay for a membership, if you actually get something in return, but, unfortunately this last one gave me nothing. Hopefully, if they do revive it, then that will change. I have always loved getting updates and fan interaction on this site but it does look, sadly, like people are abandoning it - shame. I thought I heard that there was going to be a new website but nothing seems to have come of that. I do prefer this kind of proper website rather than Facebook etc., I must say, so hopefully they will continue with it in some way. How can the greatest band in the world not have a dedicated website??? I DREAM of it continuing :D
Biggus Dickus
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Jon wrote:24db (Andy King) d e l e t e d every single post he ever did on the forum. No idea why. Must be something he didn't like. :lol:
Wow....what a mean and spiteful thing to do. That really says what kind of person he is. Actions show you clearly what a person is made up, for good or bad.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

sorcerer wrote:A few posters have tried to keep this board going but even that is virtually pointless now. Probably not helped by the fact that every time you try and post on here you get logged out , have to repost and/or have duplicate posts. Weird.

Most bailed out to Facebook I believe. To put it politely **** Facebook :P

There was word at one point of a new forum, that would be a good idea. Might bring some folk back. There is still a mighty TD massive, as some one used to say.
Not doing facebook, I didnt realize there was a TD forum there. I guess I should have known that was likely. Oh well, I dont do facebook.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I have been unwell

Most fans are on Facebook.

My page on Facebook is currently very quiet as I will be deleting it soon, once I find a better arena.

I completely understand the attraction of FaceBook, one can post pretty much any thing one likes, every opinion, any mad conspiracy theory...

I no longer engage with TD 'groups' on Facebook , and sadly I left the 'Zest' group a few years ago.

I will not be removing any of my posts here - I honour the band and the fans and respect it all-it is a wonderful archive of fun, knowledge and music appreciation.

This forum never really had strong, fair admin and its painful to watch the decline - but times change (and not always for the better)

a reminder:

Favourite TD period: 70-80. Favourite LP: Zeit or Rubycon or Stratosfear -depends. Most listened to live recording: Reims 74. Best solo: Romance 76 or EIMP or .... or ....

Love to all.
...The wise.....are silent.....
ant

Post by ant »

:( I sometimes go on to Facebook but I am not a big fan. I much prefer a proper website like this for fans to discuss things on. I know things change, but, as is often the case, it is not always for the better!! I recently watched an episode of the recent X-Files series which was all about technology and it showed all the annoying things about it that we currently have and also ordering stuff in restaurants with no humans to interact with and they decided not to give a tip and the robots, drones etc., all turned on them and terrorised them in their cars and homes until they finally gave a tip. I know a lot of that is what some call far fetched, but I do wonder how much of it will eventually become real?? Not a world I would want to live in I'm afraid. KEEP THE PROPER WEBSITE TD - often 'old' is best - after all, ask anyone who knows me!! :D
Biggus Dickus
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

If this forum was carefully, fairly and robustly moderated, by an engaged, interested Admin (and not someone just trying to sell us something), then this website would continue and flourish –after all there are many well governed forums on the web, still going and growing. Facebook is just a manifestation of this eras obsession with a false sense of ‘self’….a parade of EGO where no one really gives a $hit.
...The wise.....are silent.....
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Well said Mr Moog, sorry to hear you have been unwell. Hope things improve for you.

I have been posting on here since 2007. It was a vibrant, friendly and often hilarious forum. I learned so much about the TD music I had missed due to being diverted from the band by other distractions. I will always be grateful in that regard.

It is very sad to see the official site and forum reduced to this level, especially with the band kicking on. Perhaps someone could take on this forum as moderator and it might have a resurgence.

Anyhow, I have not and never will be interested in effing Facebook. A conduit for young teenagers, auld nosy barstewards, and sad egotistical mouthpieces . ( In the main. I accept there’s are some normal users :P )

On one note, perhaps those of us who are left here, or those who look in occasionally, could interact with each other a bit more, it may encourage folk to post about the Mighty Tangs. There are still a lot of page views on the topics so it I should feasible.

I am away to listen to Sessions III which arrived from CDS the other day. Only heard it once , really enjoyed the Hamburg recording and wish I could have been at that amazing new venue in one of my favourite cities on the planet.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

sorcerer wrote:Well said Mr Moog, sorry to hear you have been unwell. Hope things improve for you.

I have been posting on here since 2007. It was a vibrant, friendly and often hilarious forum. I learned so much about the TD music I had missed due to being diverted from the band by other distractions. I will always be grateful in that regard.

It is very sad to see the official site and forum reduced to this level, especially with the band kicking on. Perhaps someone could take on this forum as moderator and it might have a resurgence.

Anyhow, I have not and never will be interested in effing Facebook. A conduit for young teenagers, auld nosy barstewards, and sad egotistical mouthpieces . ( In the main. I accept there’s are some normal users :P )

On one note, perhaps those of us who are left here, or those who look in occasionally, could interact with each other a bit more, it may encourage folk to post about the Mighty Tangs. There are still a lot of page views on the topics so it I should feasible.

I am away to listen to Sessions III which arrived from CDS the other day. Only heard it once , really enjoyed the Hamburg recording and wish I could have been at that amazing new venue in one of my favourite cities on the planet.
Actually, the younger people are rejecting facebook at an accelerating rate. Nowadays they look at FB as something for old people. I have no idea what is replacing it for them, nor do I really care.

I agree whole heartedly that this forum was run by a maniacal cretin who eventually ran it into the ground. The experience here was so off putting that it literally destroyed my affection for the band. That was not an intellectual experience, it was an emotional one. I walked away from this forum and the band and have not put on a single piece of Tangerine Dream music for TEN years. Two weeks ago, for the very very first time, I listened to something that was tangentially related to TD, Jerome's album Neptunes. I played it 7 times consecutively. I still love that recording. That's as far as I went with that.

In the past 10 years I have discovered Trance, House, IDM, and all other kinds of EDM. With streaming now, it's a great time to be a music listener.

I have to admit, I am amazed that there still is a TD band after Edgar's passing. Who has ownership of the name? It cannot be any musicians. Surely they were hired help. I will not believe that any of the last group of musicians had any legal ownership of the TD name. Even that aside, it is unfathomable that TD exists outside of Edgar. Anyway, that's my thought. No ill wishes towards anyone who believes otherwise.

I hope BM is one the road to good health!
ant

Post by ant »

:( Totally disagree with everything you say TheMan. If you decided to stop listening to TD 10 years ago, how can you have anything constructive to say about the band now? If you have not listened to them for 10 years then how can you have any idea of what they are about now? Yes they are still going without Edgar as that is what he wanted, should anything happen to him. I would imagine that the name was either owned by Edgar or by Eastgate but either way, you would not say that Thorsten, Ulrich or Hoshiko were 'hired help' if you knew anything about what they had composed or contributed towards in the last 10 years. Obviously very out of touch and certainly not in a position to make such stupid comments. Oh, and by the way, if you haven't been interested in TD for 10 years, what are you doing on here?? :twisted:
Biggus Dickus
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

ant wrote::( Totally disagree with everything you say TheMan. If you decided to stop listening to TD 10 years ago, how can you have anything constructive to say about the band now? If you have not listened to them for 10 years then how can you have any idea of what they are about now? Yes they are still going without Edgar as that is what he wanted, should anything happen to him. I would imagine that the name was either owned by Edgar or by Eastgate but either way, you would not say that Thorsten, Ulrich or Hoshiko were 'hired help' if you knew anything about what they had composed or contributed towards in the last 10 years. Obviously very out of touch and certainly not in a position to make such stupid comments. Oh, and by the way, if you haven't been interested in TD for 10 years, what are you doing on here?? :twisted:
I dont need to hear The Beatles to know that they are not the Beatles without Lennon, McCartney, Star, and Harrison.
ant

Post by ant »

:? So Tangerine Dream was just Edgar Froese was it?? Even Edgar said on many occasions that he couldn't have done it without the others!! TD was founded by Edgar and he was a great man and missed dreadfully - but TD was not just him. Other bands have carried on without members when they have died, so why should it be different for TD. They carry on in Edgars memory and I for one continue to love the music they are producing. I feel sorry for you if you can't because you are missing a lot - but that's your choice. But I say again, if you are not interested in them any more, why are you visiting the website? Doesn't make sense to me. :?
Biggus Dickus