R.I.P. Keith Emerson

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

R.I.P. Keith Emerson

Post by ant »

:( Very sad news that Keith took his own life. It appears he had heart disease but also had problems with nerves in his right hand. He was due to do a new tour but because of the problems with his hand he was afraid he would not be able to play properly and felt he would let his fans down. He became depressed, nervous and anxious and it would appear that a lot of this was not helped by his over-indulgence in alcohol. A real shame and yet another music great has gone to meet up with Edgar and all the other Legends no longer with us. What a terrfic big big band there must now be in the other cosmic address!! R.I.P. Keith. :(
Biggus Dickus
EricDraven

Re: R.I.P. Keith Emerson

Post by EricDraven »

RIP Keith.
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com
Hipgnosis

Re: R.I.P. Keith Emerson

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

It wasn't until after he passed away that I heard Rachel Flowers ... and the thing that stuck with me the most was her faithful interpretation of TARKUS on piano, or on organ by itself ... and all of a sudden, you can see the incredibly coherent and important composition of music that Keith put together, that was adjusted to his 2 friends on the band, and lyrics added to it.

The piano version, specially, simply shows the incredible composition that it is ... that if it were Beethoven or Mozart, we would be whistling it all around ... instead, we are not listening to the incredible piece of music and its representation.

Rachel, went on to do his piano concert, and other pieces of music of his, and all of them come off very important and really credible pieces of composition, like we do not even can relate to most of the time.

RIP Keith.