Jean Michel Jarre - Teo and Tea

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Jean Michel Jarre - Teo and Tea

Post by Froesesque »

Don't know if anyone has heard this new release from JMJ, but I think it is rather good, some good ideas. Highlights for me: Fresh News, Touch to remember and Vintage.

:D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
batman

Re: Jean Michel Jarre - Teo and Tea

Post by batman »

Froesesque wrote:Don't know if anyone has heard this new release from JMJ, but I think it is rather good, some good ideas. Highlights for me: Fresh News, Touch to remember and Vintage.

:D
I heard this album. I don't like much. It is not as old IMHO
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I bought it the day of release and hate it. It must ne Jarre's worst ever album. Poor dated dance beats with hardly a decent tune in sight. I've given it a good few spins to no avail. Poor effort IMO.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:I bought it the day of release and hate it. It must ne Jarre's worst ever album. Poor dated dance beats with hardly a decent tune in sight. I've given it a good few spins to no avail. Poor effort IMO.

I did not like it at first, I still dont like the first couple of tracks but there is some decent stuff on there.

Its about time he did another tour, I dont think he has been to london since 97 and that was a superb gig.
24db

Post by 24db »

I was going to buy this JMJ disc, but the recent vitriol and bad reviews have put me off buying it...for now.
I still think he should be applauded for 'trying' to do something different, even if some people didn't like the end results
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:I was going to buy this JMJ disc, but the recent vitriol and bad reviews have put me off buying it...for now.
I still think he should be applauded for 'trying' to do something different, even if some people didn't like the end results
I just dont think these older musicians should attempt this kind of dance/techno stuff unless they live for and experience the genre every day. Its like Fat boy Slim hearing Rubycon a couple of times and then trying to out do TD.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
hansx

Post by hansx »

heard some pieces of it, but it is not the Jarre I know from earlier works. But maybe have to hear it some more.
timer

Post by timer »

I haven't been able to follow Jarre's work after Magnetic Fields - he was once a realy good music writer, nowadays it appears - through his releases - that it more contractual than from the heart !. IMHO of course!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:I haven't been able to follow Jarre's work after Magnetic Fields - he was once a realy good music writer, nowadays it appears - through his releases - that it more contractual than from the heart !. IMHO of course!
About the same time I lost interest Tim!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
timer

Post by timer »

Hobo wrote:
timer wrote:I haven't been able to follow Jarre's work after Magnetic Fields - he was once a realy good music writer, nowadays it appears - through his releases - that it more contractual than from the heart !. IMHO of course!
About the same time I lost interest Tim![/quote

I must say though I find watching him in concert quite hilarious, just can't take the guy seriously for some unknown reason ! :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

I quite like his latest stuff...it's utterly pointless comparing it with the older albums though, you might as well get your flairs out and re-live your childhood in middle age...it's daft. Accept it for what it is, and if you don't like it, then find somebody that fits your tastes more.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
True confessions time for me. :oops:
Never been a fan of JMJ despite a mate of mine spending most of his college years trying to get me to like his music. He just couldn't believe I could like TD but not JMJ. Nothing particulaly wrong with his music, just didn't really hear anything in his music that clicked with me. :oops:
It gets worse actually because I feel the same about Kraftwerk. :oops:

....well that's my EM credentials in tatters.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Never been a fan of JMJ despite a mate of mine spending most of his college years trying to get me to like his music. He just couldn't believe I could like TD but not JMJ. Nothing particulaly wrong with his music, just didn't really hear anything in his music that clicked with me. :oops:

There are some people who like TD and don't like EM in general...weirdos ;)

Each to their own mate. It would be stupid to pretend to like stuff you didn't enjoy
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:

Back of the EM class Chris. :wink: You can't like everything mate. I'm not that impressed with Schulze and among EM officianados, that's heresy!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote: About the same time I lost interest Tim!

Back of the EM class Chris. :wink: You can't like everything mate. I'm not that impressed with Schulze and among EM officianados, that's heresy!
Actually Klaus Schulze is a bit hit and miss with me. Some of his stuff is pure genius, while others ......... I'm just digging myself in deeper here aren't I? :wink: