Thoughts - Nothing in Particular Pt1

Hipgnosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hipgnosis »

Today, I got angry. It did not last long, and they do say that anger is a childish emotion, but to give you an idea of how I felt, here goes.

There are a lot of bands, groups, whatever anyone wants to call them, out there, and I have always given them a nice set of words, and tried to help many of them with my reviews and articles. for this, like many fans, I have posted in some boards ... a bunch of things. The comments always vary and I always try to be artistic enough about what I say, so the post is not a one or two word idiocy that does not help an artist, in any form. Sometimes I think that some folks are strictly there and around, simply to harass and they wouldn't care if they do or they don't, and for someone like me, these have a tendency to hurt and as time goes by ...

One board in particular, that I have always had some care and respect for, has lost its lifeline. The Zappa folks have forgotten their fans, and so has the family, and telling them anything is impossible, as they are stars, and no one can talk to the stars ... they is too far away, and probably have too many dis-eases! It was sad for me, for that was music that I appreciated for many years ... I won't bother listening to it anymore. And I'm one of the few people that ever gave 200 Motels a glowing review. Did Dweezil, or Fart or Girly or Gaily care? ... nope. They figure that only more sales matter and I helped sell 10 more copies or some silly merde like that!

I have loved the TD board for a long time. However, the neglect, the silence and the ignoring of many a wonderful and poetic words about them, is also being ignored. It's time to say goodbye. I'm the old parent and the children are gone, and they don't have time for you anymore! Even to say hello, or good bye. It doesn't matter if I write a poem, with imaginary and poetic and childish notions ... no one reads it anymore, and no one gives a damn, and even Bianca, or Jerome, would never in a day, have 10 seconds to read or comment on anything.

I have one thank you ... Shakti Yoni ... one of the most beautiful and honorable people I have ever met, and the only one that stood up and even sent me a thank you, more than once, for the various poems that I wrote, and the set of photos I sent them. It's easy to see how important she was for GONG, and how important she was for DAEVID, and how important she was all around ... someone that not only inspires you, but can muse you forward.

In this day and age, TD's group, is not interested in "forward". The Zappa board isn't either. Neither is ProgArchives. Neither are a couple of others! They have lost their sights. They are afraid to talk to any one. They are, after all, "stars", and they don't have the time to be human anymore! And provide a simple and single word or two, to many of the folks that have helped "make them" who they became.

Maybe I'm an old man, at 64, almost 65, seeing how important the river of words is, running down the stream into the ocean, lost forever ... never even seen, noticed ... we're too busy ... all you can do, is put your hand on it, feel the cool water run, and see it pass past your hand ... including a little dirt ... it doesn't teach you anything ... It doesn't mean anything ... It's the part of "life" that we don't want to see ... life and living is passing us by ... and sometimes ... all we have is a few strands of music ... that we think make us happy ... they probably work as pacifiers, a lot more than they do a meaningful existence ... and some music for me ... has been bigger than me and my life ... and been my teacher ... well, my teacher is long dead and gone ... and it's now up to me ... and my friends ... and I look around ... read a little ... no one is interested ... except in another CD ... another song ... and the hope that an empty soul ... comes alive ... brings you some peace ... some hope ... some love ... some what? ...

It's the wasteland ... on the road ... to nowhere ... with Dean telling us stories ... and tomorrow Dean is gone ... some think forever! ... the beat goes on ... the beat lives ... the beat dies ... tomorrow is ... nothing ...
Last edited by Hipgnosis on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Re: Thoughts - Nothing in Particular Pt1

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Bianca, Jerome, Thorsten, Hoshiko, Iris, Ulrich. All have Facebook accounts and do sometime put comments & photos on there.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

You didn't have to reply, but thanks. The only way I can express myself is with words ... the same for these folks that do it with their fingers on an instrument.

It is not for me to go to wake them up into who I am and what I do. Part of learning and growing, is also knowing when something is worth looking at or not. IF, those folks do not know the difference, then you and I, are both, wasting our time here. YES, it is possible, and likely they don't have the time, but a set of well marked words, goes a long way ... but maybe a direct communication with a fan is more important as it guarantees a sale.

I'm an artist. I put my poem out there. Just like TD for a long time just hung up their own picture with a few instruments ... and people came to like it, and appreciate it. For you to tell me that I have to knock on their door, is scary, albeit this is the 21st century and this is the Internet and the old "personal" touch no longer exists.

Maybe I'm dead. Art is dead. And words mean even less and will kill literature, replaced by wonderful pulp fiction ... and meaningless stories ... just another song! Is this what you ever wanted out of TD and Edgar or any of its members? That they prostitute themselves for our delectation?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Unfortunately, Edgar may not have been one to communicate directly with fans on the internet.

On facebook, there are many bands/artists who do embrace the new way of communicating with the loyal fan-base.

Magnum, Fish, Marillion, Gary Numan, Camel, Steve Hackett.... all these comment on their pages (or someone does on their behalf)

Sometimes posts on this TD forum may be interesting but have far too many words... ;)
Jon

Post by Jon »

All I can say is

LOL
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: ...
Sometimes posts on this TD forum may be interesting but have far too many words... ;)

Goodness ... like saying that somethings have far too many notes, also! And it ain't just in a movie, either!

So much for arts!