NEW EDGAR FROESE TRIBUTE ALBUM RELEASED

chrisjenkins
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

NEW EDGAR FROESE TRIBUTE ALBUM RELEASED

Post by chrisjenkins »

Change of Cosmic Address: New Music in Tribute to Edgar Froese
By Mark Jenkins and Chris Jenkins

Album available now for download from Bandcamp:
http://chrisjenkinse-music.bandcamp.com/

CD available from the special London event on April 11th:

EDGAR FROESE -
The London Memorial Concert
“Change of Cosmic Address”
Saturday April 11th 2015, 7.00pm
Big Chill House, 257-259 Pentonville Road,
London N1 9NL (two minutes from King's Cross station)
Tel. 0207 427 2540
http://www.wearebigchill.com

ADMISSION FREE

With the sad passing of Tangerine Dream's Edgar Froese we're marking the end of an era of innovative electronic music. Froese's style spanned the most evocative of ambient electronics to the rockiest guitar sounds, and the music at this unique event will reflect all these. The event also sees the launch of a new tribute CD to Edgar Froese "Change of Cosmic Address" created by Mark Jenkins and Chris Jenkins who also designed the striking artwork. You'll be able to enjoy two long sets of live electronic music featuring on stage an amazing stack of synths, sequencers and computers.

The venue is The Big Chill House a couple of minutes walk from King's Cross station in central London, an excellent convivial bar-style atmosphere for such a unique memorial event.

Everyone involved looks forward to seeing you there. More information on the Facebook page, and if you're unable to attend, the "Change of Cosmic Address" album is available for download now from Bandcamp, and a CD will be available very shortly through CDS, Amazon and all the usual outlets.

Album taster and more information on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnFmXIUTcv4

Event Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/3508860 ... ?ref=br_rs

Order CD from CDS:

http://www.cd-services.com/product_info ... re=35&pi=0

Thanks to everyone who has kindly commented on the release of this album in other threads. As lifetime fans of Edgar Froese and Tangerine Dream, Mark and I wanted to mark Edgar's passing in the way we thought best, by creating this unique tribute to his work. To correct some ill-informed speculation in other threads - yes, this is all new, original music created specially for the album, not a compilation of old or existing tracks. The album was intentionally created in as short a time as possible to capture the spontaneity and improvisational nature of early TD work. We hope you enjoy the album in the spirit in which it was created, as a sincere tribute to our musical hero.

Please feel free to make your own judgements about the music after listening to it on Bandcamp, where you can hear the complete album, not just extracts. The album is available for digital download from Bandcamp, and the CD can be ordered from CDS, and shortly from Amazon and other sources.

The live performance event and CD launch in London on April 11th 2015 is FREE ADMISSION - it's not intended to be a profit-making event, but a chance for fans of Edgar Froese and Tangerine Dream to get together to celebrate the life and work of this great artist. We hope to see you there.

Chris Jenkins
redziller

Re: NEW EDGAR FROESE TRIBUTE ALBUM RELEASED

Post by redziller »

Hello,

listening to the taster you certainly do have skill at pastiche and that's not easy to pull off. But for me anyway, this feels like going on a date with someone who looks like my wife when she's only recently been buried. Obviously others will feel differently. Good luck anyway
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
ant

Post by ant »

:) Chris

Thanks for your post. I have ordered your new cd with Mark and look forward to listening to it, no doubt with a little tear in my eyes thinking of the big man himself, Mr Edgar Froese. I think it is a nice thing to do and I wish you well with the album and with the concert in his memory. :)
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Keep up the good work. Can not believe the harrassing from some people regarding the tributes that surface. For every great artist that leaves us there are many tributes, and they are for the most part only well meant. It's completely natural to express feelings of loss through music, and have a wish to honor the great master that left us. Some people seem to think that this is only about earning money on a tragic event. I am sure it's not so. I see some people on FB that talk about how bad this forum is. But in many ways they are no better for sitting there with their negative thoughts on for example this tribute. I think that every tribute track or album or concert that will come is to honor our great hero. Nothing more than that. There may be companies that will print t-shirts or something that they want to earn money from, but these tributes from various independent (?) artists are only well meant. That is what I think.
ant

Post by ant »

:) Well said Insvims, my thoughts exactly. The negative views of some amaze me too but it takes all sorts in this world. To me, like you say, they are just showing their respects to a musician they greatly admired. :)
Biggus Dickus
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

Thanks for this info!

Kind regards..

Fred.
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

chrisjenkins wrote:Change of Cosmic Address: New Music in Tribute to Edgar Froese
By Mark Jenkins and Chris Jenkins

What was that line from Hamlet about the same food from the funeral being served at the wedding...?

You two are VULTURES, desperately trying to drum up attention for yourselves by attaching Edgar's name to this.

Saying that you should be ashamed of yourself doesn't even begin to scratch the surface and describe the level of absolute VULGARITY of what you're doing.
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

ant wrote::) Chris

Thanks for your post. I have ordered your new cd with Mark and look forward to listening to it, no doubt with a little tear in my eyes thinking of the big man himself, Mr Edgar Froese. I think it is a nice thing to do and I wish you well with the album and with the concert in his memory. :)

I think that Edgar would have knocked you across the room had you said something like that to him in person when he was still alive. Then there'd **definitely** be a tear or two in your eyes...
ant

Post by ant »

:( You really are not a nice person are you? I think you should be barred from this Forum. That is something you might do obviously being of nasty mind but I am sure that Edgar would never do anything like that. For you to think that means you are very twisted!! :twisted:
Biggus Dickus
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

ant wrote:I think you should be barred from this Forum.
And yet that hasn't happened. Hmmm, wonder why?
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

TheXFactor wrote:
I think you have very clearly stated your opinion regarding this album and of the musicians concerned.
It is your right to express your opinion however there is absolutely no need to insult other members of the forum
in such a manner because they do not share your point of view, it is not in the spirit of this forum and I for one do not welcome it.
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Red Morpho wrote:
TheXFactor wrote:
I think you have very clearly stated your opinion regarding this album and of the musicians concerned.
It is your right to express your opinion however there is absolutely no need to insult other members of the forum
in such a manner because they do not share your point of view, it is not in the spirit of this forum and I for one do not welcome it.
Exactly. Don't like it or the concept of it...don't buy it.

I have listened on Bandcamp and it sounds not bad to me. Whether I'll buy it or not though.... I don't know.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Red Morpho wrote:
TheXFactor wrote:
Indeed. That guy needs a warning. Behavior like that should not be tolerated on this forum.
studio308

Post by studio308 »

Actually the TheXFactor told aloud my own thoughts. This is first that I thought. The release looks disrespectful to Edgar. They used his words as a title and tried (unsuccessfully) to parody on the track names and even made a replica of Stuntman cover. Not enough time passed to make such tributes and even more a commercial album. If it was given for free that would really look a tribute in honor, but this looks like catching the right wave. Also a tribute is mostly, when musicians play the music of the musician to whom this tribute is made for. It looks like a catch phrase. Add "Tribute to Edgar Froese" to your new album and get more views.

Same goes for radio show by Yolande Radio Happy, which was supported by many musicians. This was organised in a glimpse of an eye, like they were very hurrying to make a show while the attention is concentrated.

I may believe that neither this Jenkins' release nor radio show are done with bad intentions of pulling attention on them, but this is made clumsy and tactless.

I don't like some musicians as persons, but their music might be the best of all. Good music has nothing to do with bad people.

How many more tributes are we gonna see?
1. ADMISSION FREE
2. CD available from the special London event on April 11th
3. ??????
4. PROFIT!
"We regret very much! We even regretted the new album. Give us some money, if you respect Edgar as we do."

The first iPad album, the first tribute to Edgar... Done.
ant

Post by ant »

:? Fine if you want to think like that. They are not forcing you to buy it and I assume you won't. That's also fine. I have and I think it is a nice little tribute to Edgar. Yes they have used a similar picture to Stuntman and used his words as a album title but that is the point - it is a tribute to the life and works of Edgar. They also show it clearly on the sleeve notes to be the words of Edgar so can't see what your problem is with that. :?
Biggus Dickus