NEW EDGAR FROESE TRIBUTE ALBUM

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: NEW EDGAR FROESE TRIBUTE ALBUM

Post by ant »

:roll: That is well out of order to print comments like that. Even if that is what you think it is not right to put it in writing like this. There are people that tweet things like this and a lot of them get caught!! I hope you have a good lawyer. :D
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TheXFactor wrote:
Rubyconesque wrote:Am I the only one who finds these - usually- 2nd rate musicians bringing out tribute albums of their OWN music rather opportunistic ???
Mark Jenkins is a **sleazebag** of the lowest caliber, and has always leeched off the work of others. The amount of musicians STILL owed money from their releases on AMP music is staggering, and Jenkins would always justify non-payment with "Oh, but I have to earn back all of MY expenses first before I can give you any money".

"Second rate" is actually far too kind a description...

Jon wrote:On the other hand, Mark Jenkins at least knew Edgar personally - TD was supposed to sign to Jenkins' AMP Records in the mid 90s. For some reason, it never happened.
Actually they were for 1 album (Turn of the Tides) after which Jenkins publicly "dumped" them from his label via an open fax message (I actually have a copy of it around here somewhere). Now he wants to "pay tribute"? Pathetic, opportunistic, out and out disrespectful- just a vulgar notion all around...

Hmm, some nice libel there TheXFactor......
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

ant wrote::roll: That is well out of order to print comments like that. Even if that is what you think it is not right to put it in writing like this. There are people that tweet things like this and a lot of them get caught!! I hope you have a good lawyer. :D

Forum members, meet Mark Jenkins aka "Ant"...

Twenty years later, and you're still using the EXACT same line ("I hope you have a good lawyer"). Pathetic.
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Hmm, some nice libel there TheXFactor......
Yet the ADMIN hasn't removed any of my critical posts about this new cash grab...

As far as libel goes, just wait until I scan/post the aforementioned open fax that Mark Jenkins sent out. He didn't have much positive to say about TD/Edgar then, but 20+ years later and now he wants to "pay tribute"? Pathetic.
ant

Post by ant »

:lol: Hopefully Admin will have the sense to do so very soon!! :lol:
Biggus Dickus
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

TheXFactor wrote:[...] As far as libel goes, just wait until I scan/post the aforementioned open fax that Mark Jenkins sent out. He didn't have much positive to say about TD/Edgar then, but 20+ years later and now he wants to "pay tribute"? Pathetic.
I'd love to read this. I'm always after a good laugh.

was the TD release on AMP legit at all? I seem to remember there was something slightly fishy about that album.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
ant

Post by ant »

:) X-Factor seems to have an answer for everything but knows nothing. I am Ant and I am not Mark Jenkins!! Me thinks you are living on another planet but then again anyone who names himself The XFactor must be the lowest of the low!! What's next - the Jeremy Kyle show?? I am not going to respond to any of your future posts as I do not want to drag myself down to the gutter with you. :twisted:
Biggus Dickus
chrisjenkins

Post by chrisjenkins »

Just for those like TheXFactor and Projekt-Elektronik who seem to have forgotten what this album is about, a reminder that it's meant to be a tribute to Edgar Froese - not an opportunity for them to air their prejudices and insecurities. I'm sure Edgar would have been horrified by some of their comments, particularly as they are hiding behind their anonymity.

For those with more open minds and tolerant attitudes, the album Change of Cosmic Address: New Music In Tribute to Edgar Froese, by Mark Jenkins and Chris Jenkins, is now available on CD from Amazon, as well as in digital download form from Bandcamp.

The live music tribute event in London on April 11th 2015 is, as mentioned before, free entry - it's not a profit-making event, but a chance for fans to meet and pay tribute to the memory of Edgar Froese. Everyone's invited - well, with some obvious exceptions...!

Album available now for download from Bandcamp:

http://chrisjenkinse-music.bandcamp.com/

Album taster and more information on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnFmXIUTcv4

Event Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/3508860 ... ?ref=br_rs

Order CD from CDS:

http://www.cd-services.com/product_info ... re=35&pi=0

Order CD from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VIDVW1O

Peace, love and harmony -

Chris Jenkins
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

ant wrote::lol: Hopefully Admin will have the sense to do so very soon!! :lol:
Well, there's an old saying about hoping/wishing with one hand and peeing in the other in order to see which one gets filled up first...
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

TheXFactor wrote:[...] As far as libel goes, just wait until I scan/post the aforementioned open fax that Mark Jenkins sent out. He didn't have much positive to say about TD/Edgar then, but 20+ years later and now he wants to "pay tribute"? Pathetic.
projekt-elektronik wrote: I'd love to read this. I'm always after a good laugh.

was the TD release on AMP legit at all? I seem to remember there was something slightly fishy about that album.

It'll take some digging, but I'll find it and let everyone see for themselves.

"Legit" was always a... let's call it a "fluid" word when it came to releases on AMP. To ask your question another way, one could wonder if it was legit for a label owner to take the MASSIVE financial losses from his own poorly selling solo "albums", try to fold those costs into the licensing of a TD album, and then publicly blame (and drop) TD due to "poor sales"...
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

ant wrote:anyone who names himself The XFactor must be the lowest of the low!!
So you hate Iron Maiden, but love guys who rip off Edgar/TD. That makes **perfect** sense...
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

chrisjenkins wrote:Just for those like TheXFactor and Projekt-Elektronik who seem to have forgotten what this album is about, a reminder that it's meant to be a tribute to Edgar Froese
If it truly is a "tribute", then give it away for free. Or at the very least, donate 100% of the proceeds to a music school and absorb all the costs yourselves. I mean, it's a "tribute", correct? Not a way to make quick money off of someone else?

chrisjenkins wrote:not an opportunity for them to air their prejudices and insecurities.
I think anyone with an actual conscience would have an issue with you two lecherous vultures slap dashing some recordings together in under two months time in order to be the first to have a physical CD out on the market solely for your own personal financial gain. If that's "prejudice", so be it.

chrisjenkins wrote:I'm sure Edgar would have been horrified by some of their comments, particularly as they are hiding behind their anonymity.
Edgar actually always had a HUGE issue with people trying to make money off the name/brand of Tangerine Dream- a particular example being all those Silva Screen soundtracks that came out in the 90's which he had no hand in the quality control of. Or the infamous DREAM MUSIC 2, where a bunch of no-name artists (like yourselves) were given the chance to "interpret" TD music that the label didn't want to pay a licensing fee for using the original.

Honestly, Edgar would be happy that you two are getting called out for what you are: imitators & charlatans. Nothing more, although more than likely less.
ant

Post by ant »

:) Thanks for the post Chris. I have the album on order and look forward to listening to it. There are always some nasty people out there that because they are sad we all want to ignore and leave them in their own sad little worlds. The thing I hate more is them talking for Edgar. I think if the great man was still with us he would be very upset by those troll comments. I wish you well with the album Chris & Mark and good luck with the gig too - just make sure it is XFactor free, after all you only want nice people there who just want to pay their respects, like you, to the mighty EF. :)
Biggus Dickus
chrisjenkins

Post by chrisjenkins »

TheXFactor seems to have the crazy idea that anyone might release an Edgar Froese tribute album in order to make money. Does he have any idea of the economics of modern music production? The chances of making any money on any kind of music are very slim these days, and considering the tiny worldwide market for 'Berlin School' music, I doubt whether more than 10 artists are making a living out of it. The vast majority of 'Berlin School' musicians are in fact the amateurs he seems to despise, recording and releasing music for the love of it, not in hope of any profit. In the case of Change of Cosmic Address, the chance of even covering the costs of the launch event are pretty slim.

Also it would have been very easy to record 'cover versions' or 'remixes' of TD tracks, but that was the absolute opposite of the point. The original music presented here is a tribute to the influence of Edgar Froese and the wide range of styles he worked in. To compare it to the rip-of soundtrack projects and remixers is ludicrous. I also don't understand why The XFactor has issues around the amount of time taken to record the album - if you have a well-equipped music studio and sufficient inspiration, working quickly is part of the joy of music creation.

I'm very sad for TheXFactor that he has such twisted perceptions of reality. Perhaps he should leave this forum if he has such intolerant attitudes, which I'm sure are not shared by the majority.
Jon

Post by Jon »

TheXFactor wrote:Edgar actually always had a HUGE issue with people trying to make money off the name/brand of Tangerine Dream- a particular example being all those Silva Screen soundtracks that came out in the 90's which he had no hand in the quality control of.
Well, even Edgar should know that the second you deliver your film score to the director and you get your money for it, you no longer own the music, and the film company can do what they want with it. Silva Screen is a long-running and well-respected film music label who did no wrong.