NEW EDGAR FROESE TRIBUTE ALBUM

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

NEW EDGAR FROESE TRIBUTE ALBUM

Post by ant »

:) There is a new tribute album to Edgar Froese by Mark & Chris Jenkins. The album is going to be called 'Change of Cosmic Address' and will be released on 23rd March 2015. It contains 8 tracks and runs for approx. 49mins. :)
Biggus Dickus
Rubyconesque

Re: NEW EDGAR FROESE TRIBUTE ALBUM

Post by Rubyconesque »

>>There is a new tribute album to Edgar Froese by Mark & Chris Jenkins. The album is going to be called 'Change of Cosmic Address' and will be released on 23rd Ma rch 2015. It contains 8 tracks and runs for approx. 49mins. :) <<

Am I the only one who finds these - usually- 2nd rate musicians bringing out tribute albums of their OWN music rather opportunistic ???

I can't see how a professional musician can create, record and produce a professional album from scratch in just 7 weeks unless they saw Edgars passing as a 'marketing opportunity' to cobble together existing tracks on the pretext of it being a 'tribute'!
Maybe I'm just being cynical but I won't be buying ANY tribute albums.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Mixed feelings really.

I can understand a musician wanting to express grief with their craft but it does look like self-promotion and is tasteless if done too soon. I'll have a listen I suppose but to be honest if it's a pastiche of released EF what's the point - I'll listen to EF - and if it's not then really what's the point.

I get seeing a tribute Floyd gig but not this.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
ant

Post by ant »

:) Mark & Chris Jenkins are actually good musicians and people who respected Edgar and this is their way of showing respect to him. I do not understand why some have to think the worst of everyone, I really don't. :x
Last edited by ant on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biggus Dickus
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Personally I would have liked TD to have been able to use "Change of Cosmic Address" for an upcoming project. I believe I suggested this a while ago. They can't now.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
redziller

Post by redziller »

ant wrote::) Mark & Carl Jenkins are actually good musicians and people who respected Edgar and this is their way of showing respect to him. I do not understand why some have to think the worst of everyone, I really don't. :x
Fair enough - I'll give it a listen
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Just listening to a Mark Jenkins solo album - If The World Were Turned On Its Head from 2005. First impressions aren't bad. It may make Change Of Cosmic Address worth a listen when it comes.
ant

Post by ant »

:) Mark is also I believe doing a live gig for this tribute music on 11th April at The Big Chill House at King's Cross, London at 7pm. Don't know if Chris is with him for the gig though. :)
Biggus Dickus
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

Each to their own - but as I don't like watching any tribute band - including the multiple Pink Floyd ones - I won't be rushing out to watch any Edgar tribute shows or buying any albums. I just find it a bit distasteful coming out so soon after Edgars passing as it does smack of opportunism. I prefer to wait for the ex-members of TD to do a proper tribute to the master himself.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Rubyconesque wrote:Each to their own - but as I don't like watching any tribute band - including the multiple Pink Floyd ones - I won't be rushing out to watch any Edgar tribute shows or buying any albums. I just find it a bit distasteful coming out so soon after Edgars passing as it does smack of opportunism. I prefer to wait for the ex-members of TD to do a proper tribute to the master himself.
I agree.

On the other hand, Mark Jenkins at least knew Edgar personally - TD was supposed to sign to Jenkins' AMP Records in the mid 90s. For some reason, it never happened.
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

>>On the other hand, Mark Jenkins at least knew Edgar personally - TD was supposed to sign to Jenkins' AMP Records in the mid 90s. For some reason, it never happened. <<

was there ever any musical collaboration between them?? I'd be interested in the tribute album if there was.
ant

Post by ant »

:? Mark & Chris Jenkins are not a tribute band. They are just two musicians that appreciated the great musical talent that was Edgar Froese and the new album is in respect of that talent. They are not calling themselves Another TD or something like that! I see nothing wrong with that personally, but each to their own. :?
Biggus Dickus
ant

Post by ant »

:) Another album being released in memory of Edgar with the final track named Goodbye, Edgar:

PRZEMYSLAW RUDZ & MIKOLAJ HERTEL: AT THE HORIZON'S EDGE:
This album features seven beautiful compositions for sensitive listeners from every corner of the globe. Mikolaj Hertel - legendary Polish EM composer opened the depths of his so far unpublished electronic legacy and gave it to Przemyslaw Rudz for the creation of contemporary arrangements. This resulted in a creative mix of modern sounding and romantically expressed combination of Hertel's melodies and Rudz's progressive harmonies, rhythms and imaginative solos.
All the tracks have been heavily rearranged in comparison to their original form, to give them an even more pronounced stigma of both artists.
'At The Horizon's Edge' is proof that the Polish school of electronic music still has a lot to say.
The album ends with a brief impression to remind us all of Edgar Froese, the founder of TANGERINE DREAM, who suddenly passed away on the 20th of January 2015.
The whole album is dedicated to his memory.
Track List:
01. Mysteries Of An Old Attic (13:41)
02. Letter For An Unknown Woman (6:08)
03. At The Horizon's Edge (12:12)
04. Autumn's Last Moment's (5:17)
05. Kaleidoscope Of The Past (16:21)
06. Lullaby For The Righteous (5:31)
07. Goodbye, Edgar... (2:38)
TPT - 61:48
Biggus Dickus
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

ant wrote::) There is a new tribute album to Edgar Froese by Mark & Chris Jenkins. [...]
Of all people... knowing MJ's stuff all I can do is fear the worst.
Rubyconesque wrote: [...] Am I the only one who finds these - usually- 2nd rate musicians bringing out tribute albums of their OWN music rather opportunistic ???
[...]
Exactly my thoughts.
Rubyconesque wrote: [...]professional musician [...]
Possibly the wrongest possible term when talking about MJ.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
ant

Post by ant »

:? That is your opinion but not mine. :?
Biggus Dickus