Tangerine Dream Fan Survey

Sequent C'
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tangerine Dream Fan Survey

Post by Sequent C' »

EDIT:

Results can be viewed here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzgbjI8cJxq1SVd5OUhGLUwyNk0/view?usp=sharing

As a long time fan of TD, you get to know what are the public favorites very quickly. That said, I've always been curious for some more detailed opinions of TD over the years. So, in order to gather that information, I've created a thorough survey on the matter.

http://goo.gl/forms/UDYfn9Fuwk

The survey is about 180 questions; it includes a 1-10 rating for >150 releases, as well as about 25 short answer.

I would very much appreciate it if any readers here on the TD Forums could fill it out. It should only take 5-10 minutes (or more, depending on how nostalgic you get). If I can gather a decent number of responses, then I can post the findings on here, along with a large number of statistics and a full breakdown of results.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Sequent C' on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
dream-fan

Re: Tangerine Dream Fan Survey

Post by dream-fan »

Good idea, I will do that next weekend
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Completed. Quite tricky to decide on some things :wink: .

Enjoyed doing it and look forward to reading the results.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

That was tough one ... but fun. :wink:
Some questions are tricky .... favourite TD track? Which one of my a few hundred ones? :lol:
Sequent C'

Post by Sequent C' »

MrCox wrote:.... favourite TD track? Which one of my a few hundred ones? :lol:
I considered doing a field for say, top 5 or top 10 songs, but since TD has hundreds of quality songs, I'd end up with a list of dozens of unique songs with little to no statistical value :wink:
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

I just did the survey. Talk about DIFFICULT!

Favorite TD album?

Favorite TD track?

HARD TO CHOOSE!

Even rating each release on a scale from 1 to 10 is a challenge. In the past, I would have rated things differently. TD's music GROWS with me. My maturity and life experiences have changed the way I feel about certain releases and tracks. I appreciate certain releases more now than I am older and vice-versa.

It's DIFFICULT to be a TD fan! LOL!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I will take the survey later today, but I guess it will be hard, with some answers just based on just the current feelings towards albums and tracks (because that is dynamic and not static).
Is there a deadline for answering if you will post the result?
Sequent C'

Post by Sequent C' »

Insvims wrote:I will take the survey later today, but I guess it will be hard, with some answers just based on just the current feelings towards albums and tracks (because that is dynamic and not static).
Is there a deadline for answering if you will post the result?
Yeah, there are a few tricky ones. As for the deadline, I'm hoping to leave it running until I get a large enough sample size to have the statistics be somewhat meaningful. When I'm going to close it down I'll leave a post one here announcing it a day or so in advance. I imagine it will probably be around a week from today.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Sequent C' wrote:
MrCox wrote:.... favourite TD track? Which one of my a few hundred ones? :lol:
I considered doing a field for say, top 5 or top 10 songs, but since TD has hundreds of quality songs, I'd end up with a list of dozens of unique songs with little to no statistical value :wink:
That's true. :wink: Bt I'd even have a problem choosing - let's say - 20 tracks to compile a sort of "Best of". There's just too much top quality music there. :)
Sequent C'

Post by Sequent C' »

MrCox wrote:That's true. :wink: Bt I'd even have a problem choosing - let's say - 20 tracks to compile a sort of "Best of". There's just too much top quality music there. :)
For me a Top 20 would actually be significantly harder than picking only one. I actually have a clear cut favourite song believe it or not, but past that I might as well just be rating every TD song I've heard into "Favourite", "Great", "Good" or "Okay", which would probably have about 200 songs each.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

If not already done; I can suggest to post link to survey in the Facebook group The Zest. To get more answers and better statistics I mean. More active members there than here.
Sequent C'

Post by Sequent C' »

Insvims wrote:If not already done; I can suggest to post link to survey in the Facebook group The Zest. To get more answers and better statistics I mean. More active members there than here.
I had never even heard of The Zest before, but I will gladly take the recommendation :D
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Sequent C' wrote:
Insvims wrote:If not already done; I can suggest to post link to survey in the Facebook group The Zest. To get more answers and better statistics I mean. More active members there than here.
I had never even heard of The Zest before, but I will gladly take the recommendation :D
I see it's there now. Is it you that posted it? Most active TD society that I know about, at least. :-)
Sequent C'

Post by Sequent C' »

Insvims wrote:I see it's there now. Is it you that posted it? Most active TD society that I know about, at least. :-)
Yup. And thanks for the tip. There were more submissions in the first hour on there than the first day on here. At the current rate it looks like we will easily get a large data sample. The guy who runs The Zest commented that he is posting it on the Zest Site and mailing it out via their email list as well
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Sequent C' wrote:
Insvims wrote:I see it's there now. Is it you that posted it? Most active TD society that I know about, at least. :-)
Yup. And thanks for the tip. There were more submissions in the first hour on there than the first day on here. At the current rate it looks like we will easily get a large data sample. The guy who runs The Zest commented that he is posting it on the Zest Site and mailing it out via their email list as well
Yes, I saw that. Great. :-)
Just submitted mine as well.