rest in peace Edgar

wayfarer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: rest in peace Edgar

Post by wayfarer »

Edgar and TD have, quite literally, produced the soundtrack of my life since 1983. I first saw this dreadful news on Facebook and it greatly upset me. My condolences go out to Bianca, Jerome and every member of TD current and past, along with my fellow fans. It's devastating.
But, Edgar has left the world with a huge legacy of music and influence on hundreds of artists. Not many of us will leave the same. He truly was a one off. I can only thank him and the TD band members over the years for such special music.
Thank you!
Brian Richard Matthews

Post by Brian Richard Matthews »

My heart goes out to Bianca, Jerome and all the TD Team. Many will say that Edgar lives on through his legacy, especially his music. That will be no consolation to you now, you will be feeling the personal loss of a beautiful human being with whom you shared your life. Many, many people share something of your loss as he touched so many peoples' lives. But it is you my thoughts turn to now in your loss. I hope you find comfort and solace in the extension of time.
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Love and strength to his friends and family, and a heartfelt thank-you for having accompanied and inspired me musically for more than thirty years.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

I havent heard a note of Tangerine Dream music for the past 6 years. Previous to that time, I listened to nothing but TD almost exclusively for the past 15 years or more. I dont know, i didnt care to keep track of such things. For whatever reasons, almost at the drop of a hat, the appeal of TD ceased to exist for me. I'm sure that Edgar would know and understand such events. Sometimes people move on.

Through random internet browsing I discovered that Edgar has moved on, to that big cosmic cloud in the sky. Such sad news. He was always there for me for so many years and now, that will never be true again. He's gone and he can't come back. Edgar's left a whole pile of circular discs in my house that contain his thoughts expressed in notes and sounds. Those arent going away, not any time soon for sure.

Edgar is gone, but he is not forgotten by this world. My deepest thanks to you Edgar for all that you have done for me over the past many years. While we might not have seen each other much the past 6 years, we were veritable roommates for nearly 20 years before that. You did a lot of good for me Edgar and I regret I couldnt do the same for you.

After hearing the sad news, I went home later that day and after dinner, when all was quiet, I did something I havent done for 6 or more years. I pulled out my copy of Rubycon and gave it a spin. The sadness that I was feeling was only amplified by the awesome power of Rubycon.

Life is suffering as the Buddha wisely noted and thankfully for Edgar he is free from all suffering. Edgar has given much to the world and now rests in eternal peace.

Thank you Edgar. Peace be to you and all your family.

Ratty Mouse
Brien Comerford

Post by Brien Comerford »

I write this to Edgar since he is with us in the spirit world. I discovered your visionary and enlightening music when I was 14. I am now 54 and love it more than ever. I have over 200 hundred of your Cds. The best electronic musician ever. Boundlessly creative, prolific, visionary, erudite and fearless. Your solo Cd's are amazing. You expanded the frontiers of electronic music. And thank you for loving nature, animals and for being a humane vegetarian for 40 years. God bless Edgar, your wife and your son. You are a mystical being.