Mega TD collection on Ebay

Ravnnet
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Mega TD collection on Ebay

Post by Ravnnet »

Saw this on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1120270330

A lot of money..... :o
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Re: Mega TD collection on Ebay

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Ravnnet wrote:Saw this on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1120270330

A lot of money..... :o
Yeah, that works out at roughly $ 30 per CD - and not many of them are particularly mega rare
moonloop

Post by moonloop »

He's asking for trouble with this bit :

"When I ship I get a postal receipt and that is all proof of shipping for item(s). Also that is the end of my responsibility"

It's not. Legally, the seller has to ensure the buyer receives their purchase. If it goes missing, Paypal will ALWAYS refund the buyer. Easy to take a risk on a small £/$ amount but for that it needs to go tracked and insured.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Deffo - especially now that ebay bought paypal they take the buyers' side in nearly all disputes from my experience
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Nothing special in that lot. I'd take flashpoint off his hands because I seem to have misplaced mine. :?
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Appart from a few Chris Franke discs I have the lot..I thought it was a fair price as quite a few of the TD albums listed are out of print,,,be interesting to see if he manages to get a buyer.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

That's a crazy way to sell CD's. He'd surely be better to take the time and just list them individually and let people choose the ones they're interested in.

A lot TD fans will have some/a lot of these, others will not be able to make such a significant investment, and for someone just discovering TD, nearly £2500 is a huge investment on a group they're just discovering.

I'd be surprised if he gets a buyer, though it'll be interesting to see if he does.... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Schulze wrote:That's a crazy way to sell CD's. He'd surely be better to take the time and just list them individually and let people choose the ones they're interested in.

A lot TD fans will have some/a lot of these, others will not be able to make such a significant investment, and for someone just discovering TD, nearly £2500 is a huge investment on a group they're just discovering.

I'd be surprised if he gets a buyer, though it'll be interesting to see if he does.... :wink:
I'm watching it to see what happens...............nothing is my guess :)
goozer

Post by goozer »

redziller wrote:Deffo - especially now that ebay bought paypal they take the buyers' side in nearly all disputes from my experience
While I cannot speak to eBay and their refund policies, having never needed to avail myself of them, I can say that PayPal most emphatically DOES NOT abide by their policies! In fact, they wished me to break the law in clear violation of them when I was sold a Chinese counterfeit Beatles Box! I provided photographic proof and an appraisal of the fraudulent item, as well as documenting the email harassment from the buyer when I brought the matter to his attention. According to PayPal policy, the item in dispute, if proven counterfeit, was to be turned over to the authorities for destruction instead of returned to the seller, and a full refund was to be given.

However, there is also a clause that says their decision in mediation is final. So, in spite of the conclusive proof of fraud, I am the proud owner of a counterfeit Beatles Box. The FBI Anti-Piracy website never followed up on my claim, and my credit card company sided with PayPal, since I didn't commit mail-fraud by shipping the counterfiet goods back to the seller.

Caveat emptor indeed. :evil:
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
redziller

Post by redziller »

goozer wrote:
redziller wrote:Deffo - especially now that ebay bought paypal they take the buyers' side in nearly all disputes from my experience
While I cannot speak to eBay and their refund policies, having never needed to avail myself of them, I can say that PayPal most emphatically DOES NOT abide by their policies! In fact, they wished me to break the law in clear violation of them when I was sold a Chinese counterfeit Beatles Box! I provided photographic proof and an appraisal of the fraudulent item, as well as documenting the email harassment from the buyer when I brought the matter to his attention. According to PayPal policy, the item in dispute, if proven counterfeit, was to be turned over to the authorities for destruction instead of returned to the seller, and a full refund was to be given.

However, there is also a clause that says their decision in mediation is final. So, in spite of the conclusive proof of fraud, I am the proud owner of a counterfeit Beatles Box. The FBI Anti-Piracy website never followed up on my claim, and my credit card company sided with PayPal, since I didn't commit mail-fraud by shipping the counterfiet goods back to the seller.

Well that sucks - typically high-handed tho' they think they're the Star Chamber of transactions
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
moonloop

Post by moonloop »

goozer wrote:
redziller wrote:

Not entirely sure I follow that, sorry :oops:

Why didn't you just return the item (tracked) to the seller and get a refund less the return shipping costs..?? As a buyer, you have the right to not accept an item, which you clearly didn't, so ownership then reverts back to the seller, there's no fraud involved other than by the seller. Apologies if I've missunderstood.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Much as I like e bay it can be very dodgy when buying and selling..I've bought tons of records and cd's and only been dissapointed on a few occasions..and managed to get albums that are very hard to find and probably couldn't have found anywhere else.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I'd better check the locks at my house because it looks like he's selling my collection.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
goozer

Post by goozer »

moonloop wrote:
goozer wrote:
redziller wrote:

Not entirely sure I follow that, sorry :oops:

Why didn't you just return the item (tracked) to the seller and get a refund less the return shipping costs..?? As a buyer, you have the right to not accept an item, which you clearly didn't, so ownership then reverts back to the seller, there's no fraud involved other than by the seller. Apologies if I've missunderstood.
As mentioned above, PayPal's policy regarding counterfeit items is they are not to be returned to the seller. The FBI Anti-Piracy reporting site also makes the same request. If you wonder why that is, I can point out two obvious reasons: 1) What would prevent the seller from resealing the item and defrauding someone else; and 2) What would prevent the seller from claiming that I kept the real item and am now attempting to defraud them on a refund claim?

They chose to ignore not only their policy, but also the law. But then, so did the authorities. :evil: [/i]
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
moonloop

Post by moonloop »

goozer wrote:
As mentioned above, PayPal's policy regarding counterfeit items is they are not to be returned to the seller. The FBI Anti-Piracy reporting site also makes the same request. If you wonder why that is, I can point out two obvious reasons: 1) What would prevent the seller from resealing the item and defrauding someone else; and 2) What would prevent the seller from claiming that I kept the real item and am now attempting to defraud them on a refund claim?

They chose to ignore not only their policy, but also the law. But then, so did the authorities. :evil: [/i]
Ah...now I get you. That's tough :shock:

The only thing I can think of (which I'm sure you've considered) is to do a chargeback on your credit card - although if you've paid from funds already sat in Paypal, that doesn't apply.

Sickening that they seem to have got away with it.